[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.7.6

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 1. Nov 18, 21:09

Yeah, that's the lazy me throwing gameplay options to you. You do what you want with them, they're all off by default of course. Having more replayability is always good.
If I had time, I would seriously consider removing the "clean wars", and do an whole destruction thing, with smart rebuilding. But that's not gonna happen.

amadeok
x3ap

Post by amadeok » Thu, 1. Nov 18, 22:44

Hi,
My scanned ships do not appear in the production tab at my sanctuary. Do i need the resources for them to appear?

Pax Empyrean
x2

Post by Pax Empyrean » Thu, 1. Nov 18, 23:49

amadeok wrote:
Thu, 1. Nov 18, 22:44
Hi,
My scanned ships do not appear in the production tab at my sanctuary. Do i need the resources for them to appear?
Research the blueprints at your research stations after scanning a ship to get the blueprints.

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Fri, 2. Nov 18, 06:40

Joubarbe wrote:
Tue, 30. Oct 18, 19:27
You can't change the enemy faction of the main plot. I'll look into this bug.
Hey Joubarbe, that bug with a rescue mission happened again to me just a while ago, this time with the anti-Teladi corp., but this time I spotted what causes it. The mission is regularly "open" in the companies menu (I didn't notice it last time, as it disappears from that menu once you have begun doing it), and you get the first trigger even if any other ship in your property lands on the station were the people to rescue are. Both times it must have been one of my UTs coincidentally landing on such a station just while the mission was ready to be taken.
At that point, the mission script doesn't seem to really care about the actual people spawned (regularly) in the cargo hold of the other ship that landed there: it's enough for it that the playership, even if empty, then lands on the station were the people to be rescued ask you to bring them.

Shouldn't be too hard to fix then, you just need to make it check for the playership and not just any player owned one. Naturally this would force the player to do rescue missions personally instead of having the chance of doing them remotely like other standard passenger missions, but given how the company plot works, one wouldn't want to inadvertently get stuck into a plotline with a chosen enemy he... well, didn't actually choose :P

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 2. Nov 18, 07:47

FYI, there's always a changelog of the upcoming patch on the first page. Already fixed.

Kadatherion
x4

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.7.7

Post by Kadatherion » Fri, 2. Nov 18, 14:13

CHANGE: All OTAS ships are now properly classified as Argon ships, meaning that you can buy their data from the Argon market (and that Argon Battle Groups will use them)
There goes the (cheaty) uniqueness of my fleet composition :cry:

Oh, well, that's going to be a reason to erase the Argon from the galaxy then. Thanks for the update, mate :wink:

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 2. Nov 18, 20:50

"Oh look, a sector where 3 hostile Battle Fleets are crossing to go invade other territories, let's try to go past them and ****** waste 20 minutes of unsaved game!"

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 2. Nov 18, 22:19

Just to clarify, turning off battlegroup jumping will lead to basically jump-less wars? do defenders still jump in?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 2. Nov 18, 22:24

Defenders on clean wars come as soon as the invasion is launched. Meaning that without instant jumps, both attackers and defenders will start their journey towards the targeted sector at the same time, without a single jump. I've seen some interesting stuff so far...

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 2. Nov 18, 22:48

As far as i know its possible for a shipyard to launch an invasion across the galaxy, is it still the case? Or shipyard prioritize sectors that are closer to them?
Also, do defenders in dirty wars work differently?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 3. Nov 18, 03:17

Hmm... There's a bug with my code, they're supposed to prioritize nearest sectors, but they don't. I'll fix that.

In dirty wars, Defenders come when a station is destroyed. (in that regard, there's a difference between real dirty wars, and dirty wars that you can activate through the t-file)
Last edited by Joubarbe on Sat, 3. Nov 18, 10:59, edited 1 time in total.

Shuulo
x4

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.7.8

Post by Shuulo » Sat, 3. Nov 18, 20:40

Now that kind of game looks interesting. Do you suggest it to pair with no-jumpdrive game?
Do you have more stories that happened with that setup?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 3. Nov 18, 21:07

I'm currently playing with no distant jumps and no jumpdrive, and yeah, it's fun, to me. Slow game, chaotic. But that's too experimental to make it "official". In my current game, Yakis are everywhere!

amadeok
x3ap

Post by amadeok » Sat, 3. Nov 18, 21:39

Hi,
I think i have to report a bug. The game freezes when i use the Supply refuel command. I had the same problem before with vanilla litcube, and the changelog stated that it was fixed.
This savegame i uploaded does not freeze, because i didn't give command to the Supply ship. There is only one ship that has the supply command software and it's UT 004 Caiman Adv
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11K41_r ... sp=sharing
Btw its a great mod, i hope that x4 is like this.

amadeok
x3ap

Post by amadeok » Tue, 6. Nov 18, 03:49

Hi,
After playing for a while the framerate goes from around 50 to around 20. If i reload the savegame it goes back to 50, but after a while it goes back again to 20. Anyone had this problem?
This the save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lInwxx ... sp=sharing
I'm using only MLCC TM Compatibility and ADS - Joubarbian Edition, that i extracted into the main installation folder. Is this correct or should extract them to the addon folder?
Anyone please?
Is there any way i can see what scripts are running in real time to try to troubleshoot it?

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Tue, 6. Nov 18, 12:09

Does it happen everywhere or in a certain sector(s)?

lighters
x4

Post by lighters » Tue, 6. Nov 18, 12:35

Does Mayhem change turn rate of the ships? In LU average turn rate of M2s is 0.3-0.4 rpm which is already very low, but now in Mayhem I see 0.2 and even 0.1 sometimes which just doesn't make any sense - they can cross an entire sector for the same time they can turn around on the spot. It also messes up the AI which uses full forward when attacking and thus sends the ship into a 50 km loop to just turn around.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 6. Nov 18, 21:57

lighters wrote:
Tue, 6. Nov 18, 12:35
Does Mayhem change turn rate of the ships? In LU average turn rate of M2s is 0.3-0.4 rpm which is already very low, but now in Mayhem I see 0.2 and even 0.1 sometimes which just doesn't make any sense - they can cross an entire sector for the same time they can turn around on the spot. It also messes up the AI which uses full forward when attacking and thus sends the ship into a 50 km loop to just turn around.
Yes, mayhem has some changes to ship parameters. Also, if i remember correctly Mayhem changes the way capital ships engage, so they do not go full forward but try to circle the enemy shooting with their side turrets (if they do not have main weapons)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”