[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dreamer2008
x4

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.7.8

Post by dreamer2008 » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 14:26

Is Litcube's Universe Weapon reference still valid for Mayhem or you have made some changes to the weapons?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 16:39

I'm going to list a few things from a new player's experience coming from LU.
Since this is just about 4 hrs in one start (the easy one with Springblossom), it's obviously not averaged out but it's something that I can't testify about later on since I lose the perspective with experience.

Plenty of missions, sometimes even 4-5 at the same time inside one system. I never had this many in LU.

Ferry passengers mission type is ok. Quite many impossible 3-4 min runs, but few 20-40 min ones and occasional 3-4 hour fetch bailed ship. This is very workable for a new player. My main source of income for now, whereas In LU I went with salvage early on. I certainly could do the same in Mayhem due to the abundance of ships, but there's been less need for now. Maybe this start had just the RNG on my side?
Occasionally you get a description that tells to transport people just to a station. It wasn't obvious by reading it that it seems to mean just any station, because it at least worked (got two sets of passengers into one specific location and the "Argon station" one also completed at the same dock).

Ships offered for sale can be dirt cheap. For example the second one I saw quoted me 0 credits for 57% hull Harrier. Free ship! As a bonus comedic relief he also bailed to space, so I got even more entertainment value. :D
I feel these are in general cheaper than in LU, but 100% hull ships are similarly pricey. Though also consider this one: 93% Buzzard Sentinel for 176k or 100% Buzzard Vanguard for 3,431k. I got offered those two in the same system. A world of difference in price, but not really in the hull-%.
It's interesting to see that they are almost always something you don't already have. Is it scriped to check that or is it just a random occurrence?

A few more bails early on than in LU (Zephyrus was the first or second one I got, and I got a bit too greedy by starting research with it). These and abundant very cheap offer ships rack up. I have 5+ after my first playing session and I've only discovered just 7 sectors (though I've flown back and forth a bit).

"Priority system" in Sanctuary feels byzantine even coming from LU. The first time setting up is going to be a hurdle. For example I haven't yet figured out how to set up the IDS (saw that from a year+ old Mayhem video, which also showed how many things have changed, like lack of laser towers - maybe IDS isn't there either). Specifically the assign ships to it part.
Food advice should probably be prioritized in the tutorial texts. Either direct to pick the perk that loses the food need, or tell to immediately build the fruit factory and nudge towards how to setup an internal route.
Here's another case which probably affirms that it's a common stumbling block: https://www.reddit.com/r/X3TC/comments/ ... ck_agents/

Overall the mod feels promising, and the continuing development is probably the reason for a slight lack of polish.

Tears
x3ap

Post by Tears » Sat, 15. Dec 18, 21:52

Don't know if this has been reported or if it's working as intended, but after having finally gotten some ways into Mayhem I noticed something odd:
M1's ( also carrying capable M7s and M2s ) that are used in invasions or defense of invasions don't seem to use their fighters properly.. or sometimes at all. They get shot at with their 17 fighters docked for example and even when they launch them, the fighters simply follow them around instead of engage. The only time the fighters actually start shooting stuff up is when something is right on top of them or if I try to scan the carrier after it's brought low and then it goes hostile.

Just a thought - since the mod has MLCC carrier functionality available couldn't it be applied to the NPC carriers also with some sorta default template on how many fighters to send against which type of ships? .. or maybe something is just wrong with my install and that's why it's not work. Please let me know. =)

Also what certainly is a bug that DA's sometimes get stuck in a 'being attacked, retreating' loop. And keep reporting it over and over and retreating over and over, despite not being shot at anymore. Also kinda annoying to get them out of it- I've resulted to just self destructing their stupid asses and building new ones.

Also for reference I'm using the latest version of Mayhem 2.7.8.

glaucon
x4

Post by glaucon » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 07:19

I have a bit of an issue.

I am almost 5 days in, and the game performance has significantly decreased since start. I had to turn down seta to 6x from 10x to no to have a full slide show.

Is this expected? What is causing this?
I have a high number of UTs, and other DA and ST....

I checked my cpu performance is not going above 50%, GPU is even lower.

AMD Phenom XII B50 3,2 Ghz and gtx 1050ti

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 21:27

glaucon wrote:
Mon, 17. Dec 18, 07:19
I am almost 5 days in, and the game performance has significantly decreased since start. I had to turn down seta to 6x from 10x to no to have a full slide show.
Are you sure that you aren't just in one of the sectors that can lag from the start? Basically all large Terran systems with animated planet graphics seem to cause that. Or the size of the systems themselves. At least for me with medium view distance (Ryzen 2600 1070ti at 1440p).

glaucon
x4

Post by glaucon » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 07:22

magitsu wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 21:27
glaucon wrote:
Mon, 17. Dec 18, 07:19
Are you sure that you aren't just in one of the sectors that can lag from the start? Basically all large Terran systems with animated planet graphics seem to cause that. Or the size of the systems themselves. At least for me with medium view distance (Ryzen 2600 1070ti at 1440p).
sadly no. Even in an empty sector it lags with 10x SETA, which was fine when I started.

I tried putting the graphics down to minimum, but did not help much

Kyathab
x4

Post by Kyathab » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 09:57

Hi, just started playing the Mayhem mod, and i've got a few questions.

Command: Explore Universe
When i send out my Scouts they only reveal the sectors on the Universe map, unless i follow their progress inside the Sector map they only reveal the gates when i later check that sector, no stations/asteroids are revealed. Is this intended or a bug?

Sanctuary Perks:
Some of the Perks are pretty self explanatory, and i've tried to google/youtube tutorials and search for what a few of them do. But there are still a few which has me scraching my head.

Electromagnetic Pulse, i have absolutely no clue what this one does, would appreciate if anyone could explain this.
High Amplitude Data Scanner, i'm guessing this one is somehow related to the Data Scanner on my ship? But i havent found anything on how to activate/enable it.

glaucon
x4

Post by glaucon » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 10:24

Kyathab wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 09:57

Sanctuary Perks:
Some of the Perks are pretty self explanatory, and i've tried to google/youtube tutorials and search for what a few of them do. But there are still a few which has me scraching my head.

The Encyclopedia inside the game tells what these perks do.

Personal--> advanced--> Encyclopedia

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 18:08

Kyathab wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 09:57
Hi, just started playing the Mayhem mod, and i've got a few questions.

Command: Explore Universe
When i send out my Scouts they only reveal the sectors on the Universe map, unless i follow their progress inside the Sector map they only reveal the gates when i later check that sector, no stations/asteroids are revealed. Is this intended or a bug?

Sanctuary Perks:

Electromagnetic Pulse, i have absolutely no clue what this one does, would appreciate if anyone could explain this.
High Amplitude Data Scanner, i'm guessing this one is somehow related to the Data Scanner on my ship? But i havent found anything on how to activate/enable it.
There's two versions of exploring scripts. This one doesn't explore stations and is thus faster. This combined with the satellite script are blazing fast (for you to get jump range), but obviously you can't afford to put (many) adv. sats down instantly. The other version, which I'm not sure how one would get it (maybe it was for LU, not vanilla Mayhem) did scout stations too.

Both of the perks you mentioned are related to enemies attacking your sanctuary's sector. EMP fries the shields for X amount, for your ships in the sector as well. High Amp Data Scanner scans all attacking ships that lose their shields for long enough. Both are rather useless picks for your first Sanctuary. Go with hangar, faster research, maybe laser production and last one of four initial take your pick. If you want to make a ship building sector, take hangar + increased spec + possibly shipb. complex. High max population sectors (max 130) are best for heavy ship production, research (max 100 + about 30 from faster research perk) of course for research. I don't know how meaningful the differences between breakthrough rates are. Support is very good to have because it's the number of possible factories (max 15). You can see a list of sector stats in the ministry of war ledger.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 19:22

Hey Panda, it seems that X4 will need at few months or a year for it to be playable or have at least some balance.
So I decided to get back to Mayhem.
Do you plan to update the mod? Or do you plan do build something new? I love you in any case.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 20:07

Shuulo wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 19:22
Hey Panda, it seems that X4 will need at few months or a year for it to be playable or have at least some balance.
So I decided to get back to Mayhem.
Do you plan to update the mod? Or do you plan do build something new? I love you in any case.
Oh, you're very kind! My heart is beating quickly as I read your message. Oh, if only we could both live on a remote island with a little farm, and some sheep, and a white sand beach below a clear sky to entertain our days. Hand in hand, we would make a better world! We would have puppies and a big house over the hill. Oh what a beautiful couple we could be!

Yeah, I have a plan to do something else. X4 has no soul, I won't play it (already refund).

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 20:41

Joubarbe wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 20:07
Oh, you're very kind! My heart is beating quickly as I read your message. Oh, if only we could both live on a remote island with a little farm, and some sheep, and a white sand beach below a clear sky to entertain our days. Hand in hand, we would make a better world! We would have puppies and a big house over the hill. Oh what a beautiful couple we could be!

Yeah, I have a plan to do something else. X4 has no soul, I won't play it (already refund).
Here honey, dont forget we will need some PCs there to play X3
[ external image ]

Any specifics or at least a tease on what is on your mind? :oops:

As for X4- I wouldn't say it has no soul, but it is certainly not formed right now, 1-2 DLCs and it should be much better. (as you said earlier, we need few years for this :) )

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 22:33

1/ Procedural universe. Small sectors, quiet empty at start.
2/ You start from scratch and you control an entire faction, independentely from your own budget.
3/ You have control over the general flow of your empire, but not over every movement of every ship.
4/ On-demand production. Factories have a backlog, they don't produce endlessly, hoping to sell to random merchants.
5/ Custom ship design: engine, shield and laser recharge, equipment quality, etc.
6/ You are responsible for your own growth and decline.

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 23:48

I wonder what could cause a Boron Task Force Krait to start pounding Plutarch Mining Outpost in their own sector (Menelaus Frontier)? It's currently at around 0% shields, 50% hull. One of their shipyards has a defend task to this sector, which is probably what he should be doing.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 09:18

Joubarbe wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 22:33
1/ Procedural universe. Small sectors, quiet empty at start.
2/ You start from scratch and you control an entire faction, independentely from your own budget.
3/ You have control over the general flow of your empire, but not over every movement of every ship.
4/ On-demand production. Factories have a backlog, they don't produce endlessly, hoping to sell to random merchants.
5/ Custom ship design: engine, shield and laser recharge, equipment quality, etc.
6/ You are responsible for your own growth and decline.
Sounds very interesting, but I wonder how hard it is to implement and balance with X3 engine. Is custom ship design even possible?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 11:22

@magitsu: Plutarch is Argon. They're probably at war against each other.

@Shuulo: It is possible, with some tricks.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 12:35

Joubarbe wrote:
Thu, 20. Dec 18, 11:22
@Shuulo: It is possible, with some tricks.
Ok than, if you will need some testers just call me, honey.

olek_skilgannon
x3ap

Post by olek_skilgannon » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 14:17

I got a problem and I doubt it's a bug as I would have found evidence of others asking the same question, but quite often when I click a station or gate, choose auto pilot, it starts the countdown sequence for a jump then takes me to the closest gate to the target, have I setup the game incorrectly? as I didn't have this issue with Litcube on it's own.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 15:23

olek_skilgannon wrote:
Fri, 21. Dec 18, 14:17
I got a problem and I doubt it's a bug as I would have found evidence of others asking the same question, but quite often when I click a station or gate, choose auto pilot, it starts the countdown sequence for a jump then takes me to the closest gate to the target, have I setup the game incorrectly? as I didn't have this issue with Litcube on it's own.
You have set minimum jump distance to 0 in your Autojump config for a ship. This is expected behavior.

Crypticguy
x3tc

Post by Crypticguy » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 18:57

i sometimes have random ships in my game that are my enemies even if im allied or neutral with the factions of those ships. did i do something wrong while installing?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”