[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.7.9

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 2. Feb 19, 00:27

That's a vanilla problem. The game doesn't like those super TSs.

olek_skilgannon
x3ap

Post by olek_skilgannon » Sat, 2. Feb 19, 03:42

Joubarbe wrote:
Fri, 1. Feb 19, 19:26
No.
I may as well just declare permanent war with them, at least I would then get some perks :)

Chokeslam
x3ap

Post by Chokeslam » Sat, 2. Feb 19, 05:17

As has almost certainly been said many times over, you've turned a great game into an epic one. You, sir, have modded a dated game into something superior to its successor. How the hell does that happen? I hereby swear an oath to conquer the universe in the name of the great Joubarbe, lord of the script. May his imagination, creativity, and technical prowess live on to bring joy to countless gamers of good taste. Huzzah!

KroelleBoelle

Post by KroelleBoelle » Sat, 2. Feb 19, 08:58

one of the saves where the game crashes. if i disable the DAs no crash.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Lg4cG ... vZi8y6YNJ-

and a new game which is also crashing. the crash only happens when i am in the invading sector of the ocv. ocv invasion will happen within 3 minutes if i am in it crashes, if i am not in its fine.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rDAss ... GMf3hm6RLo

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 2. Feb 19, 13:28

Are you running 2.7.9? You don't seem to have noticed that there is a fix to the DA crash.

KroelleBoelle

Post by KroelleBoelle » Sat, 2. Feb 19, 13:46

the last game is latest on 2.79
the first one is on the older version

KroelleBoelle

Post by KroelleBoelle » Sat, 2. Feb 19, 13:53

Joubarbe wrote:
Sat, 2. Feb 19, 13:28
Are you running 2.7.9? You don't seem to have noticed that there is a fix to the DA crash.
oh cool, i didnt read it. thx man. only crash in the new game if i am in ocv sector of invasion

KroelleBoelle

Post by KroelleBoelle » Sat, 2. Feb 19, 19:13

a new bug for me. my ut trader is talking about being attacked and is retreating and it doesnt stop. I checked and flew to him and there is nothing. i destroyed the ship in the end coz it was just annoying. I am facing it again though with another trade ship.

olek_skilgannon
x3ap

Post by olek_skilgannon » Sun, 3. Feb 19, 14:47

KroelleBoelle wrote:
Sat, 2. Feb 19, 19:13
a new bug for me. my ut trader is talking about being attacked and is retreating and it doesnt stop. I checked and flew to him and there is nothing. i destroyed the ship in the end coz it was just annoying. I am facing it again though with another trade ship.
I've had this happen a couple of times, it doesn't usually last long though, could it be something to do with the cloaked OCV stations, or Perhaps AI marines on board attacking the ship? I don't know how you can tell or if it can even happen, but I have not had the problem last any longer than a minute or two.

KroelleBoelle

Post by KroelleBoelle » Mon, 4. Feb 19, 18:19

hey using latest version but sadly i crashed again. after reading that the da's are fixed i tried it and voila again crashing. i am using them for acquiring and the bug seems to be when they go shopping for items not when they get stuff from my factories.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 4. Feb 19, 18:21

Without a proper bug report I won't do anything.

I need a savegame, and how to recreate the situation, with the name of the ships that are concerned by the bug.

olek_skilgannon
x3ap

Post by olek_skilgannon » Tue, 5. Feb 19, 13:52

KroelleBoelle wrote:
Mon, 4. Feb 19, 18:19
hey using latest version but sadly i crashed again. after reading that the da's are fixed i tried it and voila again crashing. i am using them for acquiring and the bug seems to be when they go shopping for items not when they get stuff from my factories.
Since the last update I've been using both Acquire and distribution DA jobs in the sanctuaries, and have had no problem with lockups or crashes, I'm just over 9 days flight time.

KroelleBoelle

Post by KroelleBoelle » Tue, 5. Feb 19, 17:06

Joubarbe wrote:
Mon, 4. Feb 19, 18:21

I need a savegame, and how to recreate the situation, with the name of the ships that are concerned by the bug.
Hey, I tried but this time the bug disappeared because i put my trader 1 hr on hold i resumed and for now he is fine so I cannot reproduce the bug. Also the DA's are atm stable and maybe it was just a random crash, so if anything happens I send a savegame.
Btw thx for the mod its awesome, hopefully u change your mind one day and do it for X4.

I got another problem but its game related, somehow my fleet when were shooting pirates must have pissed off the borons. Now they are all red and hostile even though I was about to get rank 8 soon with them. on my personal info though it says i am rank 7 but they are all red. What to do in this case? I do not want to start war with them.

olek_skilgannon
x3ap

Post by olek_skilgannon » Wed, 6. Feb 19, 06:10

KroelleBoelle wrote:
Tue, 5. Feb 19, 17:06
Joubarbe wrote:
Mon, 4. Feb 19, 18:21

Hey, I tried but this time the bug disappeared because i put my trader 1 hr on hold i resumed and for now he is fine so I cannot reproduce the bug. Also the DA's are atm stable and maybe it was just a random crash, so if anything happens I send a savegame.
Btw thx for the mod its awesome, hopefully u change your mind one day and do it for X4.

I got another problem but its game related, somehow my fleet when were shooting pirates must have pissed off the borons. Now they are all red and hostile even though I was about to get rank 8 soon with them. on my personal info though it says i am rank 7 but they are all red. What to do in this case? I do not want to start war with them.
LOL
I had the same thing happen with the Teladi, had an 8 rep, and in no time at all , 5 minutes or so, I was at -2, obviously one of my ships was hitting a Teladi ship accidently, now I'm stuck in a war with them that I cannot get out of, all I can do to make the galaxy safe for my traders is to wipe them out.
Would have been awesome to have a option in the diplomacy to offer a truce...for a hefty price.

KroelleBoelle

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.7.8

Post by KroelleBoelle » Wed, 6. Feb 19, 11:57

olek_skilgannon wrote:
Wed, 23. Jan 19, 03:50
KroelleBoelle wrote:
Tue, 22. Jan 19, 10:36

I am using DA's, stopping them from working fixed my persistent crash I originally reported, and I manually delivered the resources for about 12 hours with no issue, since then I have deleted the "distribution" jobs at the logistics screen, and now have two DA's per station, I've about 48 hours since without a crash, I still don't know the cause of the crashes, but there is no doubt in my mind that it was the DAs, and quite possibly the distribution part, but if you are not distributing, I don't know what it could be.

hey sorry for being unclear i was distributing with the DAs and thats what also caused my crash, because as soon i cancel all jobs for the DAs the crash will not occur.
So now your DAs are distributing? Just trying to find a workaround to play this awesome mod without DAs. Manually distributing myself doesnt sound really like my cup of tea, too tedious and boring. Maybe i try to get an internal network going and then activate the DAs to only collect from my stations.
No, my DAs are only doing acquire jobs.
I don't really need the distribution jobs, the station agents take what they need, as long as the factories are set to allow SA & DA, your Sanctuary also needs to be set to allow SA & DA.
The Dock Agents bring in everything I need to build stations, ships and lasers, and also provide for the local factories, I choose the no food perk for every station, so I don't have to worry over starving population.

You really only need the distribution jobs if you want to sell off excess resources, but that isn't really necessary either, money is not as important in this mod because you make just about everything yourself.
where do you set up the factories to allow sa and da? Is it to allow your race traders? Or am I missing some menu where you can tell them that?

olek_skilgannon
x3ap

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.7.8

Post by olek_skilgannon » Thu, 7. Feb 19, 03:30

KroelleBoelle wrote:
Wed, 6. Feb 19, 11:57
olek_skilgannon wrote:
Wed, 23. Jan 19, 03:50
KroelleBoelle wrote:
Tue, 22. Jan 19, 10:36

I am using DA's, stopping them from working fixed my persistent crash I originally reported, and I manually delivered the resources for about 12 hours with no issue, since then I have deleted the "distribution" jobs at the logistics screen, and now have two DA's per station, I've about 48 hours since without a crash, I still don't know the cause of the crashes, but there is no doubt in my mind that it was the DAs, and quite possibly the distribution part, but if you are not distributing, I don't know what it could be.

hey sorry for being unclear i was distributing with the DAs and thats what also caused my crash, because as soon i cancel all jobs for the DAs the crash will not occur.
So now your DAs are distributing? Just trying to find a workaround to play this awesome mod without DAs. Manually distributing myself doesnt sound really like my cup of tea, too tedious and boring. Maybe i try to get an internal network going and then activate the DAs to only collect from my stations.
No, my DAs are only doing acquire jobs.
I don't really need the distribution jobs, the station agents take what they need, as long as the factories are set to allow SA & DA, your Sanctuary also needs to be set to allow SA & DA.
The Dock Agents bring in everything I need to build stations, ships and lasers, and also provide for the local factories, I choose the no food perk for every station, so I don't have to worry over starving population.

You really only need the distribution jobs if you want to sell off excess resources, but that isn't really necessary either, money is not as important in this mod because you make just about everything yourself.
where do you set up the factories to allow sa and da? Is it to allow your race traders? Or am I missing some menu where you can tell them that?
Yes, Allow your traders under the "adjust station parameters" menu.
I also find that the station traders deliver goods to the sanctuaries also.

Under the logistics page, when you create an acquire job, you can choose to acquire the resources from traders, a specific sanctuary, or factories in a specific sector, this tells your DA where to get the resources from.

olek_skilgannon
x3ap

Post by olek_skilgannon » Sun, 10. Feb 19, 08:53

Just a quick question.
Spoiler
Show
When the global invasion kicks in, do the daily invasions cease?
Last edited by olek_skilgannon on Sun, 10. Feb 19, 14:48, edited 1 time in total.

Taylor2008
x4

Post by Taylor2008 » Sun, 10. Feb 19, 11:47

Please set such questions in spoiler-tags ! :x

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 10. Feb 19, 13:26

Spoiler
Show
You'll see.