[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sun, 11. Feb 18, 22:51

Well, the time part already lets players help.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Austinners
x3ap

Post by Austinners » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 05:46

@Joubarbe

Pretty simple and cheap fix for 2.36 - I likes. I still may tweak a little as I'm an impatient fellow and any one waiting for a job that can't be done makes me sad. If I figure out anything smart I'll share.

That said - what's your metric for performant with respect to DAs? Ie: no slowdown with 300 DAs running around..? I know that LU as a whole is big on optimisation (which X3 really needed) so I'm curious as to how the real men/modders figure out what's worth the clock cycles.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 09:03

A ship that doesn't wait means that he has to continuously browse the job list. That will be very bad for performance.

LU's main performance gain comes from the new rate of fire (i.e. if you increase it back to its vanilla value, you'll instantly feel the difference - other changes are important as well of course, but more subtle). More improvements could maybe made by reviewing all scripts (especially ones that are assigned to job ships), but I'm sure the real problems are hardcoded (new rate of fire fixes a symptom, not a cause). The scripting language is slow, and I know that it can be improved. But not by me :)

I didn't make any serious performance tests with the new DAs. I'm pretty sure they're fine as they are; but not if you force them to search a goal every millisecond...

X3 has too many ships. It would be better to make each of them a bit more important, by creating new systems, rather than increasing their number.

On a side note, I'm under the vague/abstract/mystical impression than 3.3 did some good to performance... Maybe it's just me...

Darkternal
x4

Post by Darkternal » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 09:08

Bug (maybe): When I request ships for assistance from MLCC Dock I receive this message about that some ships are damaged (usually from 1% to 10 %). I cannot understand why dock does not sent ships to repair dock automatically or it is some feature of the mod (searched changelogs but didn't find anything). I tried to force auto-sending through restock command, but no result.

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 12:17

Joubarbe wrote:
Fureimuu wrote:Trade MK3 is still available in PTNI HQ's equipment dock, just saying. And its only 5k or something.
Can you reload your game and tell me if that's still here? Then try to check it from times to times if it's coming back. Thanks!
It's gone in 2.3.6 !

UPD: Not really https://imgur.com/a/mTWQD

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 12:39

At this point, it's very likely that game started prior to 2.3.4 will keep adding MK3 and QJE to some stations. From 2.3.4, I changed WareTemplates, so this stupid hardcoded thing that automatically add wares to stations should not know about these equipment anymore. Not tested though.

Anyway, if it keeps being added... Yeah, well, whatever.

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 12:49

Joubarbe wrote:At this point, it's very likely that game started prior to 2.3.4 will keep adding MK3 and QJE to some stations. From 2.3.4, I changed WareTemplates, so this stupid hardcoded thing that automatically add wares to stations should not know about these equipment anymore. Not tested though.

Anyway, if it keeps being added... Yeah, well, whatever.
I started a fresh 2.3.5, then updated to 2.3.6. I'm using old TBullets, also I modified coordinates in cmd.deploysat and increased advanced satellite's range a bit.

I personally don't use UTs, so it doesn't affect my game at all.

Ghost140
x4

Post by Ghost140 » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 18:00

Joubarbe wrote: On a side note, I'm under the vague/abstract/mystical impression than 3.3 did some good to performance... Maybe it's just me...
Nah i believe it has as well. At least when it comes to large battles. Battles that had at least 10 caps and multiple fighter wings would drop me low 20s but now i stays around 30. I sometimes I get momentary hangs the most common one lasts 2-3 secs usually(not all the time) its when a task force jumps in or enemy fighter wing spawns in for mission. But those have been around since i started playing X3 conversion mods or not.

On a rare occasion though the game hangs longer than usual like 10-15 sec almost feels like a crash but does not on the game goes on. No idea whats it though and i have not been able to identify a common denominator. I think this started with the release of 2.3 never seen this in vanilla x3 or lit cube as in if the game hangs that long it just crashes outright.

Still these dont happen enough for it to bother me too much.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 19:28

My DAs no longer auto-jump, but slow-boating to its destination. This starves the Sanctuaries of ECs. Have not seen this behavior before the current patch.

My Sanctuaries are running out of ECs, and there are plenty to buy from. After scratching my head for a while, I found out that DAs no longer jump to its target, even though the auto-jump flag is on the ship, and there are plenty of ECs in its hold. The only problem is the Sanctuaries have run out of ECs.
[EDIT] Some DAs do jump, some just don't. My guess, it depends on the amount of ECs remaining in the Sanctuary. ECs in the DA's hold are OK.

Was this a new thing that require the Sanctuary to have ECs for the DAs to jump? My Jump distance at the Sanctuary is 25.

The Sanctuaries in questions are in Spaceweed Grove and Unknown Sector Nu. Target SPP are in Venus and Jupiter, and both DAs have 800 ECs on hold when they are slowboating in Spaceweed Grove and Mist of Elysium respectively.

Save game, pls look at the DA in Mist Of Elysium

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 19:58

Joubarbe wrote:LU's main performance gain comes from the new rate of fire
I would disagree with that. LU's performance is mostly script related.

Darkternal
x4

Post by Darkternal » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 20:16

Bugs wtih marines:
-They does not repair Sanctuary;
-There are no command to collect marines from space
(Save included: m7 with marines near damaged sanctuary);
-No command to launch marines for abordage (It was in 2.3.0).

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 20:27

Darkternal wrote:Bugs wtih marines:

-There are no command to collect marines from space
(Save included: m7 with marines near damaged sanctuary);
You can only collect marines using TPs.
-No command to launch marines for abordage (It was in 2.3.0).
Boarding works fine for me with M6s and boarding pods in 2.3.6 (just failed to board a Pirate M1 due to Hull protection, and my marines don't have many 5* Mech). Have not tried with TPs in 2.3.x, so you may be correct.

The only problem I see is that if I instruct another M6 to do the Piracy command, they launch the pods. If I issue the same command to my flying M6, marines do a spacewalk. I have to manually launch the pods for them to use the pods. This is very confusing. THe piracy cmmand, the Launch All Marines command should all launch the pods if the M6 is equipped with them, and can fire boarding pods.

Darkternal
x4

Post by Darkternal » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 20:30

VincentTH wrote:You can only collect marines using TPs.
Collected them some versions ago using m6.
Piracy for manual abordage without pod, to launch boarding pod u just fire it like missile, no? Or I mistake?

Ghost140
x4

Post by Ghost140 » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 20:56

Darkternal wrote:
Collected them before using m6.

Piracy for manual abordage without pod, to launch boarding pod u just fire it like missile, no? Or I mistake?
I dont remember being able to use anything other than an TP to use that command to collect marines.

Yea you fire it like any missile except only M7M can launch boarding pods...Unless that was changed?

Otherwise they will space walk. Which confuses me, Vincent if you order an m6 to board they fire boarding pods?

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 21:00

Ghost140 wrote:
Darkternal wrote:
Collected them before using m6.

I dont remember being able to use anything other than an TP to use that command to collect marines.

Yea you fire it like any missile except only M7M can launch boarding pods...Unless that was changed?

Otherwise they will space walk. Which confuses me, Vincent if you order an m6 to board they fire boarding pods?
It was changed in Litcube, as M6 can launch boarding pods. (Hit "g" on the the M6, if it lists boarding pods as a missile it can use, then you can use them to board).

The ship you fly does not launch boarding pods if you use the Piracy command and boarding pod is not the missile selected on the ship. The ship you are NOT flying would launch boarding pods, in the same condition, IIRC. The M6 you are flying would launch boarding pods if you select the pod as the missile to use, and hit "L" to launch, or use the Piracy command.

It all makes sense, but very confusing if you are coming from vanilla X3. The change in LU allows the player - in the early game where he/she cannot get an M7M - to use 3 M6s to board an M7/M1/M2, provided the marines on board the target is 24 or less. I would prefer M6 boarding over TP boarding because I don't like spacewalk boarding.

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 21:21

Special command software + transporter device + ship that can carry marines = Profit. Worked before, not sure about now.

Ghost140
x4

Post by Ghost140 » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 21:37

Huh it's been awhile since I played just litcube that I must have gotten that mixed up that u could fire pods from m6 in vanilla and litcube changed to m7m only. That means Iv been running with that idea for awhile now. Oh well the more you know. :D

Fun-X
x4

Post by Fun-X » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 21:40

I just started a new game. The screen confirms it's 3.6.

Flew over to CEOs Buckzoid, and checked out the Eq Dock for you. It still has Trade 3.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 21:46

Personal TO-DO list for 2.3.7:

"QJE and MK3 (make them available again, don't give a shit)"

Darkternal
x4

Post by Darkternal » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 22:08

Personal Console->Global ship set homebase station list is not sorted - just a big trash can full of unfindable data.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”