[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.7.9

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 19. Mar 19, 20:36

http://moby.com/la1/

This guy should play X3.

(And yeah, I'm an OCV engineer; that's why I keep working on a lost game)

seularts
xr

Post by seularts » Tue, 19. Mar 19, 23:46

mrBreed
x3ap

Post by mrBreed » Wed, 20. Mar 19, 04:02

There is a heap of questions.
1) Whether it is possible to build somehow of 1 system the station in other system because to overtake resa in manual long and not really fascinatingly.
2) Whether it is impossible to reconsider the system of "achievements", I do not know as at others, but at me, yet it was never impossible at the first level, it is so easy to get TP or the necessary number of miners. And the failure gives 1 to "danger". Whether it is not too cruel. And it seems at the 5th level to place 150 satellites, it is in general hell.
3) Also it is not clear that this system of "achievements" gives
4) Whether it is impossible to give to all races the trade module 3 levels, and it turns out that it is almost always necessary to be on friendly terms from a tellada as it is unfair. It is not clear at all why it crept from a vanila.
5) It seems also income, but solar power stations, without requirements of any resources - search is necessary.
From me seen and unpleasant:
1) Happens the neutral ship hangs, but the small group of "police" or troops is near. If you seize the ship, this small group becomes hostile, and nothing helps will kill the ship or a small group yet or will depart from a system.
2) The ships which hang in AFK the mode meet. And the longer I play, the more I meet such.
3) Did not find an opportunity, to repair stations.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 20. Mar 19, 08:32

1/ It's not possible to build stations outside your sectors. That's the whole point of Mayhem, it's a turf war.
2/ By achievements, I assume you're talking about the Ascension. Yeah, it can be hard; no, it won't change.
4/ This one is tough... Wait... Nope, I don't understand it. "always necessary to be on friendly terms", no it's not. Mayhem is challenging.

You can't repair stations. The capture bug is a known issue, I'll fix that some day.

Please read the in-game encyclopedia ("help" section) and you can customize your experience through a file: X3/addon/t/9972.L044.xml. Lots of values to play with if you find the mod too difficult.

(Actually, you can repair stations with marines IIRC, can't you?)

mrBreed
x3ap

Post by mrBreed » Wed, 20. Mar 19, 12:42

Concerning 4. Just it turns out, for the trade ALWAYS module it is necessary to be on friendly terms from a tellady that gives less variety on start as, it is always necessary to have near at hand the module from their docks of the equipment.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 20. Mar 19, 12:47

Ok I got it. You can make your own equipment in your Sanctuaries. Trade softwares are cheap.
And I disagree, the trade command software MK3 is not always necessary. In Mayhem, you can do without UTs.

Skjoldpadda
x4

Post by Skjoldpadda » Thu, 21. Mar 19, 15:43

Maybe im missing something however it seems we cant do without beeing friendly with at least one race(Because of maintenance requires credits) I would like to see a way to be able to be hostile with all races and manage that way without having to constantly repair all ships cause of maintenance.
Could be something like having the right stuff in sancuaries that the ships need for maintenance i guess

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 21. Mar 19, 17:59

IIRC, you got a perk to make ships without maintenance costs.

Skjoldpadda
x4

Post by Skjoldpadda » Thu, 21. Mar 19, 19:17

There isnt

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 21. Mar 19, 19:42

You're right, I removed that. So no, you need credits. I can assure you that having no allies is a game killer. Try the Alliance game starts, they're already very hard, and you can still declare permanent war with your ally, destroy some TS, and sell their shit to pirate bases. You have the Tax perk, also. But yeah, that will be a challenge...

Skjoldpadda
x4

Post by Skjoldpadda » Thu, 21. Mar 19, 20:15

I must ask, did you or anyone else ever try to stay on one sanctuary the whole game? Seems kind of safer and slower somehow.

GTAVC
x4

Post by GTAVC » Thu, 21. Mar 19, 20:20

According to the ingame wiki, the Goner's sectors should not be conquerable.
In my game the Xenon conquered Sanctuary of Darkness from them.
Is this intended as part of the plot or is this a bug?

Edit: Never mind, i panicked and was to fast for the game... :lol:
You know, VR is the perfect time to use the unimplimented dialog and audio file for Yisha that detects when the player is looking at her for a bit and says, "You're staring..." - Nodus Cursorius

Skjoldpadda
x4

Post by Skjoldpadda » Sat, 23. Mar 19, 10:58

I do not see how i can reduce threat by giving away a sector. I dont know how to give it away, i saw someone saying it was possible. In my run i am aiming to have 1 sector
Spoiler
Show
and the ascention level 5 requires me to have 6 so i want to cap them to complete the ascention, then give them away.
I kept restarting a new game several times to practice and to perfect the game start and i think i have it this time, After 1 day i am at threat level 2.
So far 1 have the sector i capped filled with ship production materials stations (Sector omega, ocv hunter start, the m7m cobra research is at 97% and i have most of the materials to make it.
I have 6 m6s, 10 good traders and 15million in the bank.

The ascention so far has been easy and i completed each step pretty much as soon as the new step opened up. Im at fight rank 20 and have been mostly doing combat missions and capturing derilict ships and scanning.
Spoiler
Show
Also ocv spawns at threat 2 not 24 hours after threat 2

Skjoldpadda
x4

Post by Skjoldpadda » Sun, 24. Mar 19, 18:28

Again the ocv attacks unnanounced at 24hours into the game no message or anything i am wondering if this is a bug, restarted the game again to avoid something i didnt know how to fix and ended up at the same place again. So restarting again.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 24. Mar 19, 19:11

Which gamestart?

Skjoldpadda
x4

Post by Skjoldpadda » Sun, 24. Mar 19, 19:16

Ocv hunter. I have 1 sanctuary placed early and at 24 hours i gain 2 threat and they spawn without warning. Here is the save around 5-10 minutes before the invasion, you can check the message logs there isnt any messages about an invasion. http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=454 ... 7136278822
The only message i got was the one where it says they will launch an attack 24 hours after recieving this message if i have reached threat 2 at that time wich i had not. I was threat 1 when i got that message and didnt reach threat 2 untill 24 hours gametime. And i recieved the message 5 hours after gamestart.
Last edited by Skjoldpadda on Thu, 28. Mar 19, 13:15, edited 1 time in total.

Skjoldpadda
x4

Post by Skjoldpadda » Sun, 24. Mar 19, 23:59

The goners have shown me the true light and i now see Joubarbes vision of peace in all this mayhem
Last edited by Skjoldpadda on Thu, 28. Mar 19, 12:42, edited 10 times in total.

mrBreed
x3ap

Post by mrBreed » Tue, 26. Mar 19, 13:27

Strange, but I cannot repair on allied the shipyard of a mammoth. It in general has no opportunity "to trade" with the station.
also it without maintenance, even in the list is not present

Skjoldpadda
x4

Post by Skjoldpadda » Thu, 28. Mar 19, 15:12

Hers a bit of feedback from the time i have played

Data scanner adds ships i collect in space or buy in space even if i do not have any data scanners (I found this to be too powerful for the runs where i sell the datascanner (12-13mill in the start is pretty good on some starts))
The data scanner does not auto scan ships bought from a station like it does with ships claimed or bought in space.
Might want to add time to move orbitals cause of too powerful ability of teleporting them where they need to be right before an invasion (Havent tried moving them in combat yet however i guess its the same with placing stations, that it has to be 30km away from hostile ships) And even beeing able to move them in combat is too powerful since it could save them from being destroyed.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 28. Mar 19, 16:06

Skjoldpadda wrote:
Thu, 28. Mar 19, 15:12
Might want to add time to move orbitals cause of too powerful ability of teleporting them where they need to be right before an invasion.
Hmm, no. It's way too frustrating to have spend so much money in these things and not able to use them when the right time comes.
Other things noted.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”