[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.8.2

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 8. Jun 19, 08:23

SirNukes wrote:
Sat, 8. Jun 19, 01:02
As far as spaceflies go, using create_ship on a spacefly will make a swarm. Mods (LU/Mayhem included?) sometimes use create_ship on everything in tships to gather ship statistics, deleting the ships afterward
Could you give me an example of this? I'm not sure to understand how the create ship command can be misused. I believe you 100%, don't get me wrong, but since I've read you on this on your thread, I suspect that some late game lags are caused by this, especially when SETA does not seem to be effective.

What I mean is: if there's a Spacefly entry in the TShip and if browsing all subtypes causes a swarm to be created, why does the destruct command not remove it the same way it removes the other ships?

And would that be enough to filter the subtype by its class? "if $class = [Spacefly], do nothing".

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Sat, 8. Jun 19, 09:25

Joubarbe wrote:
Sat, 8. Jun 19, 08:23
What I mean is: if there's a Spacefly entry in the TShip and if browsing all subtypes causes a swarm to be created, why does the destruct command not remove it the same way it removes the other ships?

And would that be enough to filter the subtype by its class? "if $class = [Spacefly], do nothing".
In short, each spacefly in the swarm is a different ship, but create_ship returns only the leader. Cycrow kindly confirmed this:
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=398200&p=4715955&hilit=#p4715955
Cycrow wrote:
Sun, 24. Jun 18, 16:16
the create ship command does have special handling of spaceflies where a swarm is automatically created, but only the "leader" is returned. And as there is no way to get spaceflies then the script cant destruct them
The longer answer: create_ship uses a jump table based on the ship class id to pick which code to run; most ships share the same handler, but there are some exceptions like for spaceflies. There it will call to Spacefly.CreateSwarm, which in turn calls Spacefly.Create multiple times for the leader and 1-12 followers, starting the appropriate scripts. CreateSwarm then returns only the lead fly, which create_ship returns at the script level.

An in-script filter should indeed fix the problem, which was the approach Aldebaran_Prime used in that thread. It might be troublesome to track down every place in the code that needs the filter. The only other approach I know of would be to modify the spacefly scripts to include a timed self-destruct.

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Sat, 8. Jun 19, 09:31

Oh, no, now my beloved marine training exploit is goin away!
I was wrong, I did not say anything yesterday, no need to fix anything there! Honest! :mrgreen:

Anyway, I believe I was indeed wrong?
New theory: the issue that makes boarding neutrals possible is caused because (most) boardings require shooting down the target shields (even on bailed ship) which in turn makes it angry towards me.
However, neutrals do not react at all in such a case... sitting there and taking it but the relation does indeed turn sour and thus allow marines to come over to teach them the errors of their ways.

If a bailed ship has no shields (which I actually have only seen happen for a few non-"Battlegroup" ships) I could not shoot anything and not trigger this "exploit". Maybe I can poke the hull directly with a very small stick to trigger the exploit, too, without destroying the target too soon.
And because it worked on almost all bailed ships, silly me thought that was the way its supposed to... damn. Now training is gonna require a lot more... work.
No. No, no, I did not say anything yesterday! Mr.Panda, pleeeeeeease!

But if u must fix, you should probably still allow boarding and battle report about "walking through a ghost ship"... :o

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 8. Jun 19, 09:48

@SirNukes: I've added a [CHANGE_SECTOR] signal that removes every [Spacefly] ship. Is there any chance that could fix it? I'm also going to add filter on every create ship command. Shouldn't be a problem with Mayhem, as it's pretty centralized. Thanks... (and thank you Egosoft for another great implementation!)

@Teladidrone: Sorry, this patch is going to be a "I'm not a nice guy" patch :) Come on, boarding an empty ship... You're better than this!

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Sat, 8. Jun 19, 10:17

@Joubarbe: I meant boarding a ghost ship without any marine skill gain ofc... I know its a little early for Halloween, but I'd fancy reading battle report about some tuff marines becoming scared and suspecting the enemy behind every corner only to find... nothing. :D

And... there could still be loot left behind! Lots of!

Black--Snow
x3ap

Post by Black--Snow » Sat, 8. Jun 19, 12:57

I've captured PTNI Headquarters from the pirates (Who took it from Teladi), but I have Pirate owned Teladi trading posts and Teladi equipment docks spawning every now and again in the sector.

Quite annoying. Also in a sector with no enemies I constantly get the "Cannot relocate OWP while enemies are in sector" thing. PTNI Headquarters as well.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 8. Jun 19, 13:45

Savegame? Same as previous?

(Did you make at least one E/I in your game?)
(Also, have you ever recycled one marine equipment?)

Black--Snow
x3ap

Post by Black--Snow » Sat, 8. Jun 19, 15:24

Joubarbe wrote:
Sat, 8. Jun 19, 13:45
Savegame? Same as previous?

(Did you make at least one E/I in your game?)
(Also, have you ever recycled one marine equipment?)
Previous save game but further along, naturally. I can reupload if you think it'll help.

Yes, the game has been E/I'd once and I have recycled marine equipment before, if that's related to the null thing it should be noted that I hadn't recycled equipment prior to the crash.

Also, I *think* the enemies in sector thing was caused by a single Teladi jump beacon. :oops:

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sat, 8. Jun 19, 15:36

murobit wrote:
Fri, 7. Jun 19, 00:22
Hello, I recently reinstalled this mod and for some reason, the soundtrack doesn't play in any sector I did install the sountrack file from modDB I placed it in the X3 folder Am I doing something wrong

Thanks
Did you also install the LU soundtrack? Mayhems music pack only has very few tracks. The majority come from LU. The file should be 1-2GB.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 8. Jun 19, 15:52

Black--Snow wrote:
Sat, 8. Jun 19, 15:24
Also, I *think* the enemies in sector thing was caused by a single Teladi jump beacon. :oops:
What do you mean?

Black--Snow
x3ap

Post by Black--Snow » Sat, 8. Jun 19, 15:57

Joubarbe wrote:
Sat, 8. Jun 19, 15:52
Black--Snow wrote:
Sat, 8. Jun 19, 15:24
What do you mean?
There was an enemy teladi jump beacon within the sector, which I assume is what was blocking the movement of the OWP. I haven't tested it because the enemy traffic is nearly never ending. On that note, how do we move OWPs when there is constantly at least one enemy in the sector?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 8. Jun 19, 16:19

You kill the enemy... :)
But don't worry, the ability to relocate OWPs is going to be remove soon! (see changelog)

Black--Snow
x3ap

Post by Black--Snow » Sat, 8. Jun 19, 17:24

Joubarbe wrote:
Sat, 8. Jun 19, 16:19
You kill the enemy... :)
But don't worry, the ability to relocate OWPs is going to be remove soon! (see changelog)
:o

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 8. Jun 19, 17:31

... but you can now put the Sanctuary everywhere you want.
Mistakes will have a bit more weight.

aiPIMP

Post by aiPIMP » Sat, 8. Jun 19, 18:29

Joubarbe wrote:
Sat, 8. Jun 19, 17:31
Version 2.9.0 (WIP - NOT YET RELEASED)
FIX: Station Agents were overlooking Sanctuary thresholds.
I thought I'll go insane, couldn't figure out why those damn SAs didn't want my Sanctuary goodies.

Do you have ETA for the patch?

Black--Snow
x3ap

Post by Black--Snow » Sat, 8. Jun 19, 18:59

Joubarbe, is there any recourse against being adjacent to a pirate Safe sector? If I kill the stations will they stop sending 100s of ships out? :P

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 8. Jun 19, 19:03

Yes, all ships come from Shipyards. I don't remember how I respawn them though :) It might be a very brief moment of peace...

Black--Snow
x3ap

Post by Black--Snow » Sat, 8. Jun 19, 19:16

Oh, it seems like OWPs can be pushed around by something. Every time I look at one of my sectors, the OWPs have moved, or at least the medium one has.

Would there be much detriment to just deleting the pirate sector? Having this thing here has stopped being a challenge and just become an annoyance. :gruebel:

That is, if I can find a way to unflag it as safe, or some other method of removal. :V

By the way, here's the save file where in PTNI Headquarters, trading stations and NNMC stations keep spawning owned by the pirates:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eentsiaku3vld9z/X01.sav?dl=0

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 8. Jun 19, 20:49

Thanks for the save.

No, they are safe sectors for a reason. If you conquer all sectors of a faction, the game will freeze to death because of the job ships. I won't change that, because it's way too much work.

Regarding OWP moving on their own, I remember a discussion we had about that a while ago... but I don't remember it :) (but again, OWPs were never supposed to be used and manually placed by the player) Don't put them too close to the gates.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”