[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TomRobinson
x4

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.8.2

Post by TomRobinson » Sat, 15. Jun 19, 08:37

Joubarbe wrote:
Sat, 15. Jun 19, 03:14
2.9.0:
Woohoo! Can we have boron marines?! Please
Do Hippos Eat Giraffes?

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Sat, 15. Jun 19, 10:36

Marine audio? Audio? Audio is back!?!

Hell, yes! 2.9 this way please! Gimme, gimme, gimme! Pleaaaaaaaase!

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 15. Jun 19, 11:01

Don't expect full voice over though... My marines say a lot more than those in vanilla :)
In a nutshell, you should have entry (hull cutting), core hacking, and combat sounds.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 15. Jun 19, 12:29

Well... I cannot find the combat sound, and I thought there were included in the voice files. Without the guns in background, it's kinda ******... Meehh, I'm gonna keep it that way if I ever find a way to play background noises some day (audio feed is off by default anyway).

Ophidian

Post by Ophidian » Sat, 15. Jun 19, 13:59

Teladidrone wrote:
Fri, 14. Jun 19, 11:33
I actually like the mayhem marines a lot.

Sure, there are issues (especially the too complicated caliber/bullet/gear system) and I seriously miss the audio feedback one did hear with vanilla marines) but for the most part it... works.

A few suggestions:
* 3 types of gear; flak jacket (comes with marine), kevlar vest (made from scraps) and tier 3 experimental armor suit (made from kevlar vests and rare minerals)

* 3 weapons in total instead of the whole caliber/bullet system: tier 1 low yield sidearms, tier 2 disintegrator rifles, tier 3: something new

* low yield sidearms come automatically when recruiting a marine. And you could get them from pirate bases or bartering and if u have some spare, you can press bailed and captured astronauts in your service as rookies for free.

* no factory for disintegrator rifles. those are proprietary race tech and can only be looted while boarding TM/M6 with a 50% chance of 1 per ship on average. or you can get lucky and barter for them with pirate base merchants.

* tier 3 weapons need to be researched like any ship (should take about the same time as an M2). blueprints could be found after nuking at least 2 OCV stations. additional blueprint drops reduce the required research time. And once you researched the design you can convert disintegrator rifles plus some rare minerals/crystals into the new tier 3 guns.

* boarding time is indeed too long, even with perks; cut down 50% for any target.

* marine auto-return home instantly on failure (ship destruction) is... well. a cheat. a really big one.
Idea: have them hijack a random TS (convert to pirate flag) and send that ship to slowboat back to their barracks. It might survive, it might not; in any case it will cause some down-time for the squad.
in the report screen inform on the location and ID of this ship. If the player finds it and reduces the shields below 10/50 they transport back to the playership. if the ships reaches player owned space, it will convert its flag to player to avoid friendly fire.
This is more or less the exact thoughts I had towards the simplification of Marines.

Simplify gear. Removes the factories. Provide other simple routes to creating marines (sell rifles, increase cost, etc)

Reduce boarding time.

+1+1+1

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sat, 15. Jun 19, 19:22

Keep your hands off the code! I already produced the video :lol: :lol: :lol:

No seriously. I understand that people have different preferences. But tbh, i think the whole boarding system is only a very minor thing in this mod to begin with. Better to focus on something else. It can also definitely get overpowered, and after a while i found myself letting marines relax in the cantina all the time. They said they really like the holodancers.

And where is the problem in building a rifle factory? If you need them right now you can buy a small amount from local merchants.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 15. Jun 19, 19:44

About that... In 2.9.0 you cannot enroll more marines when you have at least 50 of them.
Panda no like too much marine in ur' video!

TomRobinson
x4

Post by TomRobinson » Sat, 15. Jun 19, 21:26

Honestly I think the marine system is good.

If it was any quicker it would be too OP. As it is I was able to capture one of the dreadnoughts as soon as i got a couple for M7's and then its been easy.

I concur the equipment is a bit bit obtuse. I was going with the higher numbers are better approach which is obviously not always the case now i have seen hectorx's tutorial.

The disintegrator rifles are available from local merchants and I never have had a problem sourcing enough to need a factory.

Love the streamlining with factory complexes for components and crystal free spps since I last played has made things so much more manageable.
Do Hippos Eat Giraffes?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 17. Jun 19, 11:44

Joubarbe wrote:
Sat, 15. Jun 19, 12:29
Well... I cannot find the combat sound, and I thought there were included in the voice files. Without the guns in background, it's kinda ******... Meehh, I'm gonna keep it that way if I ever find a way to play background noises some day (audio feed is off by default anyway).
The combat sounds are actually a music file thats played in the background

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 17. Jun 19, 12:00

Hmm, so no way to trigger it I suppose?

Trokhon
x4

Post by Trokhon » Mon, 17. Jun 19, 17:45

Playing it now or waiting for 2.9.0?

What ist best option as new player of this pack ?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 17. Jun 19, 19:10

I won't release it this week. That's all I can say :)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 17. Jun 19, 19:30

Joubarbe wrote:
Mon, 17. Jun 19, 12:00
Hmm, so no way to trigger it I suppose?
not unless LU has exposed the change music commands.

i guess if you really wanted, you could play the music externally, triggered from the game, but this wouldn't stop the existing music from playing

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Mon, 17. Jun 19, 22:27

Glad to see you still working on the mod!

What's up with TOAs? Are they just a visual replacement or they act like vanilla TOAs?

aiPIMP

Post by aiPIMP » Tue, 18. Jun 19, 10:47

Some buildings devour a lot of resources:
Computer plant, for example, requires only 80 meatsteaks, while chip plant 1200 and quantum tube fab whooping 2000. Is it by design?
Also, is it possible to increase Ore mine resource storage?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 18. Jun 19, 11:24

Did you see the production cycle time on these factories? 1:36 for Computer Plants and 40 minutes for Quantum Fabs.
In X3, everything is related: ware cost, requirements, storage... There's one variable controlling all this: RelValue.

Here is my own little doc about this value, if you're interested:
Spoiler
Show
Relative value
The general price of a ware, affecting also the maximum stock, the requirement as resource, the base cycle time, and the nb. of products per cycle for the AI.

Relative value (player)
Affects only the nb. of products per cycle for the player. Does not affect the cycle time or anything else.

Price modifer 1
Range modifier from 0 to 100. At 100 the min and max price of ware can vary from 0% to 200% of its normal price. At 50: 50%/150%.

Price modifier 2
While the previous modifier only affects product and primary resource, this one only affects secondary resource.

Notes:
- Use "factory production task: on=[TRUE]" to start a factory. "station trade and production tasks: on=[TRUE]" seems buggy.
- The nb. of products per cycle is also affected by the factory size value, which also affects the number of resources required and the maximum stock. In fact, the value should be called "factory efficiency", unlike "Relative value (player)" that only affects the nb. of products produced every cycle, and kinda acts like a cheat.
- "Cycle time" is not affected by any modifiable value. Its variation depends on the relative value of the product and resources. The higher the total cost of a product is (ie. the product itself and the resources), the longer the building will take. In other words, a resource also takes time to process, and this time is contained in its Relative value.
- To summarize, what a factory really produces is "real value". ~100 real value are produced per minute when the factory size equals 1. If a resource is worth 100 real value, then its requirement will be 1 and the building time won't change. However, if this resource is now worth 200 real value, the cycle will double to 2 minutes, and the requirement will still be 1. For a 400 real value resource, it now takes 4 minutes to produce 1 product that's worth 100 real value. On the other hand, if the resource real value drops to 50, the product will be made in 1 minute, but the resource requirement will be increased to 2 (to match the value of the product).
- Even if the previous example mentions 100 for 1 minute, it should be noted that using multiples of 16 gives a nice timeline: 0, 16, 32, 48, 64, 80, 96. That gives a full cycle of 60 seconds, with 10 second intervals (even if the game does not display rounded results).
- 100 credits = ~20 real value (19 something), which is a rough multiplier of 5.
- Maximum stock = (20,000 / RelVal) * factorySize --- Volume is disregarded.

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Tue, 18. Jun 19, 15:06

I need some pointers/spoilers with the main story/mission...
Spoiler
Show
I got a message earlier that no major faction would be willing to agree to a cease-fire to face a common enemy and I am on my own.
And I got a warning that a global OCV invasion is incoming (approx 2 days away) and frankly I have no clue what I am supposed to do now...
Put my head in the sand, build up more fleets and... just wait for it?
Did I miss other hints? Something I can do to convince the other races?

IceExplosive
x3ap

Post by IceExplosive » Tue, 18. Jun 19, 19:07

Teladidrone wrote:
Tue, 18. Jun 19, 15:06
I need some pointers/spoilers with the main story/mission...
Spoiler
Show
I got a message earlier that no major faction would be willing to agree to a cease-fire to face a common enemy and I am on my own.
And I got a warning that a global OCV invasion is incoming (approx 2 days away) and frankly I have no clue what I am supposed to do now...
Put my head in the sand, build up more fleets and... just wait for it?
Did I miss other hints? Something I can do to convince the other races?
Yes, just prepare your fleet and wait.
Once the OCV comes, you'll get a message where (which sector) they've spawned. They are not directly in the middle of a sector, but futher away, so don't worry that much about where your fleet is, as long as you have jumpdrives and energy cells. :)

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Wed, 19. Jun 19, 13:25

IceExplosive wrote:
Tue, 18. Jun 19, 19:07

Once the OCV comes, you'll get a message where (which sector) they've spawned. They are not directly in the middle of a sector, but futher away, so don't worry that much about where your fleet is, as long as you have jumpdrives and energy cells. :)
Well, so far I had not really a problem kicking the regular OCV invasions out of my backyard with minimal losses.
So you're saying basically this special "global OCV invasion" is the same thing that was already happening regularly in my sectors?
Will this one be much bigger or why is it prominently counting down the hours this time?
About 42 hours to go...

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”