[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Thu, 7. Jun 18, 13:38

This mammoth issue reminds me of atmospheric lifters everywhere flying at 600 m/s. Was caused by Improved races 2.0 spawning scout ships. Some scripts are broken or conflicting with each other :)

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Thu, 7. Jun 18, 17:32

What to expect from 2.5 btw? Any major changes?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 7. Jun 18, 18:04

Borons are now called WWF and the whole war is about protecting Space Flying Pandas.

vellarain
xr

Post by vellarain » Thu, 7. Jun 18, 18:18

The M4 Argon Elite and Elite 'Enhanced' might have their shield values swapped.

The Elite has 1X 25MJ
The Enhanced has only 2X5MJ

Quite the hit to durability for a what I am being told is an improvement.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 7. Jun 18, 21:24

The French army "enhanced" their weapons by upgrading from FAMAS to HK G36, and lots of military seem to think that this is a ****** rifle in comparison.

Games should have this feeling of "something went bad at some time".

That being said... The Elite has actually more shield than its Enhanced variant in LU. And since I've just divided everything by 2, that's 50/2, and 25/2, respectively.

fiby
x4

Post by fiby » Thu, 7. Jun 18, 21:37

Can anyone please help and explain how to setup the logistics.

I currently have 1Nr Sanctuary and 1Nr Rimes Fact in the starting sector.

I can't figure out how to do the following:-

Retain 10,000 Energy Cells

Anything above 10,000 Energy Cells fill the Rims Fact, any excess sell in the universe.

Cloth rims import all to sanctuary keep say 10,000, any excess sell in the universe.

see image below

https://imgur.com/a/V5fxiF0

Nefasi
x3tc

Post by Nefasi » Fri, 8. Jun 18, 03:40

fiby wrote:Can anyone please help and explain how to setup the logistics.

I can't figure out how to do the following:-

Retain 10,000 Energy Cells

Anything above 10,000 Energy Cells fill the Rims Fact, any excess sell in the universe.

Cloth rims import all to sanctuary keep say 10,000, any excess sell in the universe.

see image below

https://imgur.com/a/V5fxiF0
In the #Wares/Stock column, the first number is what the threshold value. The Stock column is how many you have currently.

In Acquire, if the wares is below the stock, it'll be red, and this itll pass this check to see if the job is valid. (For example, job ID 15).

In Distribute, if the wares is below the stock, it'll be green, and itll pass this check to see if the job is valid. (For example, job ID 2).

You'll notice from a color scheme viewpoint, that valid acquire is red, and valid distribute is green. I prefer to group up by acquire and distribute jobs in sections, so they are more easily seen which jobs are valid or not. I prefer the following

Priority 3. Acquire from Self (collect your station's products)
Priority 4. Acquire from NPC (collect required goods from universe)
Priority 5. Distribute to Self (distribute resources so factories can run)
Priority 6. Distribute to NPC (overflow of extra resources)

I left priority 1 and 2 empty for jobs you want done immediately. For example, a sanctuary running out of E-Cells is bad, so I might have a acquire E-Cells at priority 1 with several ships capable of running the job if I go below a certain amount (say 50k). And then have another job on Priority 2 or 3 to acquire if below another threshold (say 150k).

To avoid trading with trade stations, set target trade at average and -1 credit for acquiring, and +1 credit for distributing.

How much is acquired or distributed is based on the ship's cargo capacity, which can be further fine-tuned by the Max Cargo limits. For example, if you setup a distribute energy cells at 10,000 stock, and then you hit 10,001 energy cells, and have a ship cargo of 10,000. That ship will load all of those energy cells, leaving your sanctuary with 1 energy cell. Under these conditions, to maintain 10,000 energy cells, only distribute them when above 20,000 for a single ship (or for math enthusiasts, #Wares for distribute = 10,000+n*c. Where n is number of ships and c is the ship's cargo capacity).

If you want your cloth rimes factory to only import/export at a certain value, you can change its percentage. So it has to have say, 60% to export its cloth rimes, the DA will ignore that factory until it has 60% to export. Useful if you want to skip the job until it has enough goods to load the cargobay full. (Wait for cargo 'Yes' will simply have your ship docked in the cloth rimes station until it fills up its cargo). You MIGHT need a timeout set to 'Yes' for this, I can't remember if the DA will stay on the job until the station lets the DA come by or move on to the next job.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Fri, 8. Jun 18, 10:45

fiby wrote:Can anyone please help and explain how to setup the logistics.

There is also a thresholds tab in the sanctuary manager which is supposed to function similar to the export/import setting of factories - i never felt the need to use it.
My preference was to just pile up. If some stock got too high i would try to spend it, disassemble factories to melt it away, or send a TL to mass-sell manually. But this was in an older version without the random wares at trading stations so loosing access to a commodity by going hostile to its only producing race was a thing to consider back then.

Honestly, if i ever start a new playthrough i won't be building many factories at all. Now that availability seems to be vast, i think it's worth it to buy only when you actually have a need instead of producing yourself. It's a little bit more expensive, yes. But you
- get the stuff way faster
- don't have to manage or worry about secretly burning value by creating stockpiles
- save the resources required to build factories
- save DA's to supply those factories (including replacing the occasional loss from enemy raids)
- minimize clutter in the property screen and save a LOT of hassle with logistics

The only exception would be goods that are hard to aquire fast and that are needed constantly in large quantiy. For example at one point i could never fulfill my need for ore by production alone, and TS can only buy small amounts because of the bulkiness.

Of course this is only a single suggestion. Building a self sufficient empire and all those trade lanes can be very rewarding.

vellarain
xr

Post by vellarain » Fri, 8. Jun 18, 16:53

Welp, hit a brick wall here.

Non stop CTD only moments after I had saved.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a911xh9ct8h5mbl/X01.sav?dl=0

Have a gander.

Only mods that follow Mayhem are improved MK3 LU edition and ADS LU.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 8. Jun 18, 17:25

Improved MK3 LU is included into Mayhem, but that's not the problem, because I freeze too.

Do you have a previous savegame? I'd need a few minutes before to make something.

(you really are unlucky... This type of freeze has been reported only two or three times before...)

EDIT: Are you using the Defense Grid of ADS? Is there an invasion in progress into one of your sectors?

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Fri, 8. Jun 18, 18:47

Today I skipped the 4th ascension level, apparently I already did whatever was needed to complete it. Now I'm curious what was it? Is there a full list of challenges?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 8. Jun 18, 19:08

Spoiler
Show

Code: Select all

if $index == 0
* Have 15 blueprints fully researched.
  $goal = 'have 15 blueprints fully researched'
else if $index == 1
* Reach rank 7 with one major faction.
  $goal = 'reach rank 7 with one major faction'
else if $index == 2
* Have 150 Advanced Satellites deployed.
  $goal = 'have 150 Advanced Satellites deployed'
end

vellarain
xr

Post by vellarain » Fri, 8. Jun 18, 19:52

No and no, I haven't even set up anything with ADS, there was also no invasion in any of my sectors.

I was just chilling in Creditania in my Mako because I am a sissy Vagrent, then everything just locked up.

Super ****** for it to be so rare and my last save was more than 24 hours into the game I was doing rather well in.

Lost so much progress...

Lost so many profitssss.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 8. Jun 18, 21:16

There's a new hotkey to quicksave to a new slot every time... I suggest you use it next time (in X3, you don't use only one savegame, period).

I'll try to look deeper into your save, but I don't guarantee anything...

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Fri, 8. Jun 18, 21:18

Can't believe I got THAT lucky! Not sure I would be able to do #1 and #3 :D
P.S. Getting 20 miners and I'm done with the ascension. Don't even know what to expect on the other side :d

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 9. Jun 18, 09:20

Ok vellarain... I have good news for you (and don't tell me "no don't bother, I've started a new game", because I've just spent two hours on this).

I've managed to fix your savegame. The problem comes from the IDN ship you have in Two Grand. But you have to reproduce the following steps from your machine:

1/ Remove IDN. That means deleting these files:

2/ Backup your X3\addon\setup.Mayhem.xml file.

3/ Download this file and overwrite setup.Mayhem.xml with it.

4/ Load your savegame. SETA 1 minute, ensure it's not crashing anymore. Then save, quit the game, and replace back setup.Mayhem.xml with the backup you made in 2/.

IDN no longer exists. It's no use for LU players and no longer compatible with Mayhem, as shown with this critical bug.

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Sat, 9. Jun 18, 13:11

Joubarbe wrote:Ok vellarain... I have good news for you (and don't tell me "no don't bother, I've started a new game", because I've just spent two hours on this).

I've managed to fix your savegame. The problem comes from the IDN ship you have in Two Grand. But you have to reproduce the following steps from your machine:

4/ Load your savegame. SETA 1 minute, ensure it's not crashing anymore. Then save, quit the game, and replace back setup.Mayhem.xml with the backup you made in 2/.

IDN no longer exists. It's no use for LU players and no longer compatible with Mayhem, as shown with this critical bug.
What IDN stands for?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 9. Jun 18, 13:40

Intentional Dismemberment of Nachos.

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Sat, 9. Jun 18, 14:07

OKAY, I googled it D:

vellarain
xr

Post by vellarain » Sat, 9. Jun 18, 14:35

Joubarbe wrote:Ok vellarain... I have good news for you (and don't tell me "no don't bother, I've started a new game", because I've just spent two hours on this).

W-Whoa, thanks for the effort and I am also kinda glad I managed to contribute to locating a critical error.

I didn't jettison the save, simply fell back into Stock LU while lamenting my fallen empire.

But... is there another quality of life solution available to distribute items like IDN?

(Update: Yep totally unborked my save with that fix, you da man!)
Last edited by vellarain on Sat, 9. Jun 18, 14:47, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”