[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sinnerman49
x3

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.9.1b

Post by Sinnerman49 » Sun, 7. Jul 19, 19:56

Will do, thx.

Sinnerman49
x3

Post by Sinnerman49 » Mon, 8. Jul 19, 03:42

Freezes when I attempt to export the empire, from any save. Any suggestions?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 8. Jul 19, 06:56

Hmm interesting! Do you have an antivirus running in the background? It is known to cause serious issues. I'll take a look to your savegame again and try to export it.
Did you ever mod anything else from Mayhem? What changes did you do to 9972?

EDIT: The whole E/I process works with me from your previous savegame X10.sav.

dvenum
x3ap

Post by dvenum » Mon, 8. Jul 19, 07:58

Can you advice elegant way for regular moving of all lasers/shields/missiles from one sanctuary to another? Courier can, yes, but 100+ lines order look pain to make and even more, it doesn't contain 'Incendary Bomb Launcher' in list, at least.

Sinnerman49
Are you using latest version of game? I found, it too much different and it was updated in 2017 last time, not so far ago and you cant simple take your old archive.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 8. Jul 19, 09:23

dvenum wrote:
Mon, 8. Jul 19, 07:58
Can you advice elegant way for regular moving of all lasers/shields/missiles from one sanctuary to another?
DA -> Acquire -> Sanctuary as target.
If you need 100 lines to move all that, you're definitely doing something wrong, like weird management or building tons of laser you don't need. Specialization is the key. Don't put 5 different types of laser on a fighter...
You can also build everything you need massively, then manually transport everything to your ship building Sanctuary.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Mon, 8. Jul 19, 09:26

Sinnerman49 wrote:
Mon, 8. Jul 19, 03:42
Freezes when I attempt to export the empire, from any save. Any suggestions?
I can confirm that some Anti-Virus software can cause problems. I recently did my first export on a new system and also had a freeze. Switching off the Antivirus during E/I fixed it for me.

dvenum wrote:
Mon, 8. Jul 19, 07:58
Can you advice elegant way for regular moving of all lasers/shields/missiles from one sanctuary to another? Courier can, yes, but 100+ lines order look pain to make and even more, it doesn't contain 'Incendary Bomb Launcher' in list, at least.
A distribute job at the production site works really well in my game. (one ship, lowest priority) You have to do this for every laser/shield, but i guess you only use few types of equipment anyway. I might still do a logistics video, havn't decided yet.
I don't know any way to distribute many different types (loot) with one job.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 8. Jul 19, 10:04

I might do something about that. Something like an option in the Courier (not the DA) to have a type of ware.
And yeah, we want a video about logistics too! :)

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Mon, 8. Jul 19, 14:19

Joubarbe wrote:
Mon, 8. Jul 19, 10:04
I might do something about that. Something like an option in the Courier (not the DA) to have a type of ware.
And yeah, we want a video about logistics too!
:)

Don't say after 5 years we get to empty all minerals from our LU mining carriers at once. Where would be the fun in that? I could always brag with overly complicated looking courier queues :rant:
:-P

Sinnerman49
x3

Post by Sinnerman49 » Mon, 8. Jul 19, 17:16

Joubarbe wrote:
Mon, 8. Jul 19, 06:56
Hmm interesting! Do you have an antivirus running in the background? It is known to cause serious issues. I'll take a look to your savegame again and try to export it.
Did you ever mod anything else from Mayhem? What changes did you do to 9972?

EDIT: The whole E/I process works with me from your previous savegame X10.sav.
Got the E/I process to work - it took about an hour frozen at "Exporting" but it did finish. Upon import, I get the same freeze after about 4 min of SETA (this is on two different computers)

I'm going to do a fresh install and start again. Regarding 9972 I haven't modified anything. Just LU and Mayhem installed. I did install Trade Overview (TROV) but I'm pretty sure that's compatible, as I've never had issues with it in past LU/Mayhem games.

Thanks for looking into it Mr. Panda! Great work on the mod.

dvenum
x3ap

Post by dvenum » Mon, 8. Jul 19, 18:05

Joubarbe
Thanks.
About courier with ton of lasers. Yes, I can build and use only few of them, but it looks fun to have various squads, when we have lot of ships. Also, its a problem to sell all colored minerals at once the same way. Looks strange to make logistic jobs for each sanctuary to sell each mineral separately, better to collect them at nearest point (anyway courier are going between) and sell from there.

If you can add 'types' to courier, it would be too cool to be true. Or maybe you can include my changes, if I will do it? I started to tweak your mod as cosmetic and I feel sad to keep it on future updates.

UPD: I said, I cant see 'Incendiary Bomb Launcher' in courier menu. This is because, am tried to use TP as courier with L cargo only. Got it only when looked at sources, my bad.

taglesiek
x4

Post by taglesiek » Mon, 8. Jul 19, 20:09

First of all. Hello i'm new to mayhem community. It's great so keep it up also thanks to Dark Fiscus tutorials. Now for the issue:
My ships bought from company (used one) are randomly dissapearing when hitting MINISTRY OF WAR button. Actually i'm flying on heavy hydra and still learning things but in one moment i realised that whenever i try to open MINISTRY OF WAR my ship explode with me on board. When I change my ship still my hydra is getting eaten by some kind of space monster.... There are no messages in message log. I realized about it a bit earlier. Some of my ships just dissappeared but i thought they were destroyed by something but know when i get blown in my not so strong but cool m6 after hitting MINISTRY OF WAR button i realized it may be the time to ask help.

I have installed LU and Mayhem 2.9.0 and X3 AB from steam.

PS English is not my main language so sorry about all the mistakes i made in those sentences. BE KIND PLEASE :D

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 8. Jul 19, 20:25

Yeah, my bad. When the timer of the used ships passed, ships explode, even if it's yours :)
Will release a new version tomorrow or after tomorrow.

Angrybiscit
x3ap

Post by Angrybiscit » Mon, 8. Jul 19, 20:42

Joubarbe wrote:
Sat, 6. Jul 19, 23:37
It might be the point where I could start my own game. And that's what I'm doing.
Wait, Did you mean literally write your own game? Or just start a new mayhem play-through. These have very different connotations :)

Also, relating to Mayhem. With the re-write of the fleet scripts and the added functionality you have done with wing's, what do you think is the best way to control ships now? Should we ignore MLCC and use the other systems? I'm at the point in my play-through where I am about to start building a fleet so i'm curious what people use for controlling and organizing.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 8. Jul 19, 21:27

Yeah, my own game.

I use fleets a lot. I'll try to also put Wings in "Assign Home & Send" menu in the next patch. I've never used MLCC and I had ADS for a long time, but not anymore. There are enough ways of controlling ships now, in my opinion.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Tue, 9. Jul 19, 09:48

Is there a way to disable DA messages ("couldn't load xxx")? I guess it could be reduced with fewer DA's, but still.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 9. Jul 19, 10:44

Hector0x wrote:
Tue, 9. Jul 19, 09:48
Is there a way to disable DA messages ("couldn't load xxx")? I guess it could be reduced with fewer DA's, but still.
I'll do that through a t-file option. Menus are complex enough.

And by the way:

dvenum
x3ap

Post by dvenum » Tue, 9. Jul 19, 12:11

Wow, :). Lets wait a release.

dvenum
x3ap

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.9.2

Post by dvenum » Tue, 9. Jul 19, 18:34

Thanks a lot, nice changes. Works well for me.

Sinnerman49
x3

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.9.2

Post by Sinnerman49 » Tue, 9. Jul 19, 19:35

Great update!

I'm attempting to use the new "All" courier command for minerals transported from a Mobile Mining Ship (Ore, Silicon, Crystals, Minerals):

Load All Minerals (Maximum) @ MMS
Unload All Minerals (Maximum) @ Sanctuary
Loop

However, the courier goes to the MMS, then heads back to unload at the sanctuary but never actually picked up anything from the MMS. Thoughts?

Also - does anyone knonw if Trade Overview (TROV) is compatible?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”