[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3 BETA 9

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 20. Jun 20, 13:03

"Claiming" means they WANT to capture it. So they're going to. So it's normal that they claim a sector that they don't own.

xwarpewpew

Post by xwarpewpew » Sat, 20. Jun 20, 13:10

Joubarbe wrote:
Sat, 20. Jun 20, 13:03
"Claiming" means they WANT to capture it. So they're going to. So it's normal that they claim a sector that they don't own.
oh :) mb

Joubarbe
xr

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3 BETA 9 (Hotfix 1)

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 20. Jun 20, 13:11

I've messed up the docking script: Beta 9 Hotfix 1
Also changed AI station building brain. Which should let to a healthier economy on the long term.

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Sat, 20. Jun 20, 13:57

Joubarbe wrote:
Sat, 20. Jun 20, 12:53
Theoretically, you have to disable all proxies on deck to hack the terminal (to unlock the next deck).
I noticed I did not need to hack proxies on lower decks to hack the terminal as of BETA 9.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 20. Jun 20, 14:07

Betelgeuse97 wrote:
Sat, 20. Jun 20, 13:57
Joubarbe wrote:
Theoretically, you have to disable all proxies on deck to hack the terminal (to unlock the next deck).
I noticed I did not need to hack proxies on lower decks to hack the terminal as of BETA 9.
In Beta 8 you did?

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Sun, 21. Jun 20, 00:36

Joubarbe wrote:
Sat, 20. Jun 20, 14:07
Betelgeuse97 wrote:
Sat, 20. Jun 20, 13:57
Joubarbe wrote:
In Beta 8 you did?
Yes, in Beta 8, I needed to hack proxies before getting to the terminal, but not in Beta 9.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 21. Jun 20, 01:21

Hmm... Maybe there was a little bug when switching from a version to another. You should retry with a fresh new ship. The only thing I did was to tell the system "instead of ignoring security rooms, also ignore command rooms".

Crypticguy
x3tc

Post by Crypticguy » Sun, 21. Jun 20, 03:31

Do i have to start a new game if i update? from beta 8 to 9? Also are there changelogs for the versions somewhere?

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Sun, 21. Jun 20, 05:11

Crypticguy wrote:
Sun, 21. Jun 20, 03:31
Do i have to start a new game if i update? from beta 8 to 9? Also are there changelogs for the versions somewhere?
Front page. As of Mayhem 3, each update will now say if it's compatible with previous saves and galaxies.

Edna
x4

Post by Edna » Sun, 21. Jun 20, 06:37

Sooooo, I upgraded from Beta 4 H2 to Beta 9 and had a random crash in the very first hour. This morning I updated to B9H1, tried a new game again and it crashed again. I can't provide a savegame, because it usually happens before I make enough progress that warrants a save. In both cases I was flying around, no auto-pilot, just exploring the freshly generated galaxy.

Does this happen to anyone else on the current version? I'll try to recreate this issue just by leaving SETA on and see whether it happens generally or whether it has to do with any player-related actions. I sorta doubt it, though. Galaxy is created with the Beta 9 generator.

Edit: It's something after the first message to the Xenon Hunting quest.
Savegame + Galaxy
Specs
Show
Quickstart Split, Outpost deployed to the left of the Split in Akeela's Beacon. Solar Array, Tax, No-Food, Adjacency Bonus Perks taken, built a Chem Lab, now producing a Teladianium Lab, Outposts queued.
How to reproduce the bug: Undock from the station and fly for two minutes. It freezes.

Edit 2: I am reproducing this bug a few times now. The freeze occures after a very few minutes after undocking. So far it happened six out of ten times. Might be related to "OK"ing the Xenon Quest message, or with the Split Battlegroup entering the system around 01:18 ingame time. I doubt it, though, as sometimes the Battlegroup enters without the bug, sometimes it happens before that by minutes and sometimes it happens during them entering.

01:16:23 IGT Bug event
01:09:59 IGT Bug event
No Bug event

Edna
x4

Post by Edna » Sun, 21. Jun 20, 08:55

Should be accessible now. G-Drive likes to trick me into thinking it's shareable. :|

By the way, I tried a completely fresh game start and it seems like the freeze is only happening when the Xenon Quest line message is "OK"'d. It takes a bunch of minutes for the freeze to happen, and it's never the same time.

Edit: NOW the link works. Google trolls me.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sun, 21. Jun 20, 10:36

Edna wrote:
Sun, 21. Jun 20, 08:55
Should be accessible now. G-Drive likes to trick me into thinking it's shareable. :

Edit: NOW the link works. Google trolls me.
You can check the link in another browser, where you are not authorized in your Google account.

Joubarbe
xr

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3 BETA 9 (Hotfix 2)

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 21. Jun 20, 10:57

• HOTFIX 2: When a ship bailed, it was possible that it didn't have enough space to create a passenger, eject it, and start the "astronaut" task. In that case, it was freezing the game to death, because trying to start a script on a "null" object is not such a good idea (duh).
Spent ages on this bug, always thought it was something related to my new docking script...
Anyway: BETA 9 Hotfix 2 released.

Thanks Edna for the precious bug report (you were very lucky to have this perfectly timed savegame! :) )

Edna
x4

Post by Edna » Sun, 21. Jun 20, 17:40

Joubarbe wrote:
Sun, 21. Jun 20, 10:57
(you were very lucky to have this perfectly timed savegame! :) )
Well, I literally saved every ten minutes by docking. :)

Thanks for fixing this so quickly, awesome job!

Edna
x4

Post by Edna » Mon, 22. Jun 20, 16:57

Buggo?
Show
Is it intended that station recycling doesn't return any resources (apart from the Outpost, where it's obvious)?

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Mon, 22. Jun 20, 17:38

Started a new experimental galaxy on B9 HF2.

This time i wanted to focus less on Terraformers and more on wars with the main factions, because out of curiosity i progressed kind of quickly through the Yaki phase and ended up very busy with the OCV in my first game.

So far i'm very pleased how the experimental galaxy settings turned out. I specifically wanted to reduce this gritty survival feeling of a whole galaxy fighting the Terraformers and emphasize faction vs. faction and player vs. faction conflict instead.

Early observations:
"hollowed galaxy" - allows to have a very large galaxy size with huge distances, but at the same time it's extremely performance friendly due to all the missing sectors in the middle. Keeping a large distance to certain clusters of Xenon sectors is easier. Travel is more limited. This may even help small factions to survive due to less possible frontlines. The map is very symmetrical. It would be nice to have some small paths of 1-3 sectors occasionally reaching inside the hole to make it more organic. Maybe even creating shortcuts or alternative paths at the edges (in some rare instances).

"random distribution" - causes a lot of early wars. Everyone is hostile to everyone until the first Truces kick in. Larger territories generally don't exist and have to get created during the game first. I like this very much because the player can have a great and earlier impact on factions becoming local powerhouses or getting wiped from a certain areas.
It also makes it easier to attack factions. Good for pirate/boarding/war oriented players. You can quickly go in, cause havoc, and leave with many escape directions. With "limited enclaves" i'd expect it would be the opposite. Harder to go deep inside faction territory and make it out alive.
The economy is changing until certain factions prevail locally.

"extra sector stats" - boosts faction economies, ship building, trading possibilities and the player. Increased activity overall. Pirates/Xenon are less of a threat to everyone. They don't scale as high because the player needs less sectors and factions have more ships to take them out. Also faster player progression due to research/production boosts. Good if you want a faster game in general.

How are NPC factory station limits adjusted if you tick "extra sector stats" during galaxy creation?
For example, according to your B9 H1 limits there can be 1 solar plant, tel foundry and crystal fab per sector. And 2 ore/silicon mines. In my game (extra sector stats) i have seen 2 SSP's and 2 foundries in the same sector, but only 1 crystal fab. And up to 3 Ore/silicon mines. :gruebel:

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 22. Jun 20, 18:20

Hector0x wrote:
Mon, 22. Jun 20, 17:38
How are NPC factory station limits adjusted if you tick "extra sector stats" during galaxy creation?
For example, according to your B9 H1 limits there can be 1 solar plant, tel foundry and crystal fab per sector. And 2 ore/silicon mines. In my game (extra sector stats) i have seen 2 SSP's and 2 foundries in the same sector, but only 1 crystal fab. And up to 3 Ore/silicon mines. :gruebel:
Galaxy creation:

Code: Select all

$support = [NULL]-> call script 'Mayhem.SectorSupport' : sector=$race.sector
if $galaxy.age == 0
    $rng = random value between 3 and 5
else if $galaxy.age == 1
    $rng = random value between 2 and 4
else if $galaxy.age == 2
    $rng = random value between 1 and 3
else
    $rng = 0
end
$stationsNeeded = $support - $rng
I've set the limit to 3 for each mine. Makes more sense to me because of the lot of asteroids everywhere. Maybe it's a mistake, keep me updated on that.
The limit per sector I've shown you is actually the "product" station. So there's 1 SPP and 1 Teladianium foundry. However, the other stations act as "resources": Hull plating also needs a foundry, and a few other stations need SPP. It works as intended, but maybe is not properly balanced. I think the economy is a lot more balanced now though.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 23. Jun 20, 07:35

Edna wrote:
Mon, 22. Jun 20, 16:57
Is it intended that station recycling doesn't return any resources (apart from the Outpost, where it's obvious)?
You actually have to select them with arrows (trade bar at the bottom of the screen), just like weapons.
In the next version, I'll try to make it a little clearer with a "Selected" column:
Spoiler
Show

Edna
x4

Post by Edna » Tue, 23. Jun 20, 07:45

Oh boy, I should have tried that. But thanks! :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”