[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3.10

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 18:05

Of course you need Graphics v2. That's a requirement for all versions later than 3.9.

Vercetti
x3tc

Post by Vercetti » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 22:58

Spoiler
Show
Too fast unknown sector conquest after yaki appearance
!

Hello people,

I have seen that now with 3.10 the xenon are not important for the continuation of the story. That is amazing, but at the same time things heat up way too fast afterwards. The player after 2 game days may not have enough resources /reputation with the races to face what is coming:
Spoiler
Show
conquering fleets will storm all the possible unknown sectors within 12 game hours, and take as much as they can
so with my modest two sector kingdom and limited ship building capability i was caught completely off guard. I had to load back a save, reprepare ppbf like there is no tomorrow and cheat some rep that I could not afford to lose to conquer some sector asap. This mod is amazing (thanks Joubarbe for it and also Hectorox for the gudes on Youtube), but this was a bit too much to bear all of a sudden. Especially as
Spoiler
Show
before you could grind almost freely until xenon were popped and the races were stepping up only after you would conquer a handful of sectors, Newcomers to mayhem 3 as I am may run away scared 😲
Se l'urlo agghiacciante, che ti sveglia all'improvviso nella notte, è quello di un pedone, vuol dire che ti eri addormentato al volante.

Retrox
x4

Post by Retrox » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 07:58

Vercetti wrote:
Mon, 1. Mar 21, 22:58
Spoiler
Show
Too fast unknown sector conquest after yaki appearance
!

Hello people,

I have seen that now with 3.10 the xenon are not important for the continuation of the story. That is amazing, but at the same time things heat up way too fast afterwards. The player after 2 game days may not have enough resources /reputation with the races to face what is coming:
Spoiler
Show
conquering fleets will storm all the possible unknown sectors within 12 game hours, and take as much as they can
so with my modest two sector kingdom and limited ship building capability i was caught completely off guard. I had to load back a save, reprepare ppbf like there is no tomorrow and cheat some rep that I could not afford to lose to conquer some sector asap. This mod is amazing (thanks Joubarbe for it and also Hectorox for the gudes on Youtube), but this was a bit too much to bear all of a sudden. Especially as
Spoiler
Show
before you could grind almost freely until xenon were popped and the races were stepping up only after you would conquer a handful of sectors, Newcomers to mayhem 3 as I am may run away scared 😲
Hey Vercetti,
as someone, who is still in the beginner-phase, i was wondering what caused the beginning of the 2day countdown? The next mission i have is to get the 'tool' for 100k credits. Is it right after this or is there another mission, i could use as a brake?
Intel i7 8700, Gtx 1070, 16gb RAM. I think i'm ready for X4. Bring it on, Egosoft!

Joubarbe
xr

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3.10b

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 09:54

Mayhem 3.10b released
  • 3.10b: Yakis were randomly conquering sectors, while they should conquer the sectors of the strongest faction only (and not in a randomized way).
  • 3.10b: Stage 2 was removing Unknown sector restrictions regarding to how many sectors the AI can conquer.
Sorry about that, this change is important under the hood and I forgot to adjust some settings. The whole idea behind this new progress is to increase the pace of the game and unlock the terraforming feature sooner, without really causing problems to the player; just a little psychological pressure :) Now it works as it should, and I've also modified some messages to be a bit more immersive.

EDIT: And 3.10c because of a bug in X-Studio (Yakis would spawn instantly before day 2).

hephasttus
x4

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3.10c

Post by hephasttus » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 19:58

Seems like there is something going on with the population of an outpost with a terraformed planet granting +40 population.

The outpost doesn't grow past its original cap of 128, but in the outpost manager you can see it sit at 128/168, it just doesn't grow past 128.

Galaxy + save : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Outpost : Magrathea

Mayhem 3.10C w/ hectors rebalance 0.6

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 20:35

Maybe the pop. limit in the Administration menu?

hephasttus
x4

Post by hephasttus » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 20:44

Joubarbe wrote:
Tue, 2. Mar 21, 20:35
Maybe the pop. limit in the Administration menu?
Yeah that did it, thanks!

Retrox
x4

Post by Retrox » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 13:50

Hey Joubarbe,
is it intended, that the npc races almost never take over unknown sectors? I had seen them taking few at the beginning, after i formed my own force, but afterwards they never took any, even if they could easily expand in that direction. I dont advocate for them to take away every sector, but i'm wondering, why they dont take any, even if i'm already at my 6th sector? (That one was especially weird - it seems like the teladi attacked a boon sector neigboring my own one. Their next sector was ~3 unowned sectors away. After they destroyed everything there, the boron lost the sector and then nothing happened at all, afterwards. Thus i took it myself, after the teladi fleet left.)
I also see, that the races claim some sectors, that are often not near their own space. I had one case, where the teladi claimed an argon sector ~10 sectors away. Most of it through other argon sectors, that should have been better targets.
I also wonder, when you are expected to have your own defensive fleet? Today, i bought my first m2 from my argon friends, because i had an unfriendly visit from some xenon m6 (ingame day 2) accompied by ~10 smaller ships. In Mayhem 1, you would get some scaled sector attacks occasionely, if you're bordering an enemy, but how is it now? I think, the m2 may be an overkill atm.
Last edited by Retrox on Fri, 5. Mar 21, 08:29, edited 1 time in total.
Intel i7 8700, Gtx 1070, 16gb RAM. I think i'm ready for X4. Bring it on, Egosoft!

Hector0x
x3tc

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3.9b

Post by Hector0x » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 16:34

@Retrox: welcome back. I don't even remember Mayhem 1 anymore :lol:
Spoiler
Show
Retrox wrote:
Mon, 1. Mar 21, 13:41
2. What was changed with research? Do i really need to scan every ship x times to be able to build them or can e.g. a research station do that job for me?
Scan for unlocking small ships early game. There are too few big ships for scanning so you need a research station to unlock those.
Retrox wrote:
3.Credits seem to be a rare ressource now. How is it possible to still gain them, when you are at war with everyone (=endgame)?
There is a Tax Perk and you got neutral companies. If you allow NPC Traders to trade with your stations company ships will buy from you and can then sell to your enemy.
Retrox wrote:
4. Are there any tips for beginners with mayhem, e.g. what to take care of before starting your own empire, what you should looking for with sectors you want to start in, how many ships you should have,... ?[/list]
I like to start in a sector with very high station support limit. You should have at least a handful of fighters (5 minimum) to protect yourself against pirate fighters and 2 tradeships for basic hauling. But there are countless strategies and options. You can also start with nothing and be fine.
Retrox wrote:
Wed, 3. Mar 21, 13:50
Hey Joubarbe,
is it intended, that the npc races almost never take over unknown sectors? I had seen them taking few at the beginning, after i formed my own force, but afterwards they never took any, even if they could easily expand in that direction. I dont advocate for them to take away every sector, but i'm wondering, why they dont take any, even if i'm already at my 6th sector?
Unknown sectors are getting unlocked for NPCs "step by step". They follow the player's progress. At least that's how it was always supposed to work. If NPC empires don't start to claim any neutrals when you got even more than your current 6 sectors then i'd say its a bug.
Retrox wrote:
(That one was especially weird - it seems like the teladi attacked a boon sector neigboring my own one. Their next sector was ~3 unowned sectors away. After they destroyed everything there, the boron lost the sector and then nothing happened at all, afterwards. Thus i took it myself, after the teladi fleet left.)
That happens when the claim duration timer runs out while the ships are still attacking the last station (usually the outpost). The invasion gets aborted but the fleets continue to shoot at the station they are currently attacking. If that was the last station the sector gets abandoned. This is a good opportunity for you to get NPC sectors from an allied faction because you don't need to go to war with them.
Retrox wrote:
I also see, that the races claim some sectors, that are often not near their own space. I had one case, where the teladi claimed an argon sector ~10 sectors away. Most of it through other argon sectors, that should have been better targets.
Factions are allowed to target distant sectors when they are blocked by something. Like Unknown sectors not being allowed until the player expands more. Another frequent one is sectors at their direct borders still being a "Terracorp Protectorate" (recently conquered). The faction could also have truces which prevent any other invasions. Or some faction near them could be too small to be a valid target so they "jump" over it.

Yakis are the only faction which can do long range invasions on default (deep strike).

Retrox wrote:
I also wonder, when you are expected to have your own definsive fleet? Today, i bought my first m2 from my argon friends, because i had an unfriendly visit from some xenon m6 (ingame day 2) accompied by ~10 smaller ships. In Mayhem 1, you would get some scaled sector attacks occasionely, if you're bordering an enemy, but how is it now? I think, the m2 may be an overkill atm.
Again, many different strategies. I like to setup very small fleets with a retreat setting and let them monitor sectors where my freighters usually hang out. They will hunt pirate fighters, but retreat from Xenon patrols or pirate M6.
Defending against those stronger enemies is best done manually by yourself. It can also be automated, but it requires stronger fleets and you need to put more ships at risk. Automation is not perfect and often causes higher loss rates than if the player is in control. So you should do that only once you are comfortable with replacing lost ships. Until then i recommend to avoid those enemies or take them out with your main fleet (supervised by yourself)

Retrox
x4

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3.9b

Post by Retrox » Thu, 4. Mar 21, 17:47

Hector0x wrote:
Wed, 3. Mar 21, 16:34
@Retrox: welcome back. I don't even remember Mayhem 1 anymore :lol:
Spoiler
Show
Retrox wrote:
2. What was changed with research? Do i really need to scan every ship x times to be able to build them or can e.g. a research station do that job for me?
Scan for unlocking small ships early game. There are too few big ships for scanning so you need a research station to unlock those.
Retrox wrote:
3.Credits seem to be a rare ressource now. How is it possible to still gain them, when you are at war with everyone (=endgame)?
There is a Tax Perk and you got neutral companies. If you allow NPC Traders to trade with your stations company ships will buy from you and can then sell to your enemy.
Retrox wrote:
4. Are there any tips for beginners with mayhem, e.g. what to take care of before starting your own empire, what you should looking for with sectors you want to start in, how many ships you should have,... ?[/list]
I like to start in a sector with very high station support limit. You should have at least a handful of fighters (5 minimum) to protect yourself against pirate fighters and 2 tradeships for basic hauling. But there are countless strategies and options. You can also start with nothing and be fine.
Retrox wrote:
Hey Joubarbe,
is it intended, that the npc races almost never take over unknown sectors? I had seen them taking few at the beginning, after i formed my own force, but afterwards they never took any, even if they could easily expand in that direction. I dont advocate for them to take away every sector, but i'm wondering, why they dont take any, even if i'm already at my 6th sector?
Unknown sectors are getting unlocked for NPCs "step by step". They follow the player's progress. At least that's how it was always supposed to work. If NPC empires don't start to claim any neutrals when you got even more than your current 6 sectors then i'd say its a bug.
Retrox wrote:
(That one was especially weird - it seems like the teladi attacked a boon sector neigboring my own one. Their next sector was ~3 unowned sectors away. After they destroyed everything there, the boron lost the sector and then nothing happened at all, afterwards. Thus i took it myself, after the teladi fleet left.)
That happens when the claim duration timer runs out while the ships are still attacking the last station (usually the outpost). The invasion gets aborted but the fleets continue to shoot at the station they are currently attacking. If that was the last station the sector gets abandoned. This is a good opportunity for you to get NPC sectors from an allied faction because you don't need to go to war with them.
Retrox wrote:
Factions are allowed to target distant sectors when they are blocked by something. Like Unknown sectors not being allowed until the player expands more. Another frequent one is sectors at their direct borders still being a "Terracorp Protectorate" (recently conquered). The faction could also have truces which prevent any other invasions. Or some faction near them could be too small to be a valid target so they "jump" over it.

Yakis are the only faction which can do long range invasions on default (deep strike).

Retrox wrote:
I also wonder, when you are expected to have your own definsive fleet? Today, i bought my first m2 from my argon friends, because i had an unfriendly visit from some xenon m6 (ingame day 2) accompied by ~10 smaller ships. In Mayhem 1, you would get some scaled sector attacks occasionely, if you're bordering an enemy, but how is it now? I think, the m2 may be an overkill atm.
Again, many different strategies. I like to setup very small fleets with a retreat setting and let them monitor sectors where my freighters usually hang out. They will hunt pirate fighters, but retreat from Xenon patrols or pirate M6.
Defending against those stronger enemies is best done manually by yourself. It can also be automated, but it requires stronger fleets and you need to put more ships at risk. Automation is not perfect and often causes higher loss rates than if the player is in control. So you should do that only once you are comfortable with replacing lost ships. Until then i recommend to avoid those enemies or take them out with your main fleet (supervised by yourself)
Thank you for your explenations!

hephasttus
x4

Post by hephasttus » Fri, 5. Mar 21, 20:22

Just a suggestion but I wouldn't mind Xenon raiding parties a bit more diverse :) I'm playing on 'hard' so I'm getting some of my sectors raided by absolutely massive hordes of fighters and M6's. Which has been great for gameplay, but I would love to see some M7's in there to spice it up. Maybe it would increase performance a bit too because some of these raiding parties had insane amounts of fighters and m6.

Retrox
x4

Post by Retrox » Sat, 6. Mar 21, 10:20

While we're talking about suggestions, i found that the logistic window is rather useless, as it is right now. What i expected from it is, that it shows how much i produce/need per minute in all sectors as well in each sector. Right now, i cant even see how much waste an outpost creates or if my solar (300%) sector produces enough energy for all fabs, so that i can plan if i should need a new solar sector to fit my needs. I need to manually calculate this, which can be quite a hassle, if i have a bigger empire.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sat, 6. Mar 21, 13:13

Calculating everything is a frustrating struggle which will never fit right. There are so many ways your perfect balance can tip over. Mayhem 3 is just not this type of game.

1) you don't have the analytic tools required to do this easily
2) Even if you can set it up perfectly, there are too many disruptions. Continue the plot missions and you will understand.

You will loose agents, factories, maybe even sectors. And your perfect economy breaks apart constantly. Trust me, i've been there (setting up external Excel sheets). The game is much more fun since i go with my guts.

Just don't use up all your station support slots instantly. Slowly build more factories according to what you need. Sell the rest.

4square425
x3tc

Post by 4square425 » Sun, 7. Mar 21, 07:25

I think I'm getting closer to figuring out hacking, but I feel stuck now.
Spoiler
Show

I equipped my personal ship with a Hacking Rootkit. If you get within 9km of a ship you can scan its ports. I found that smaller ships like TS had all their ports closed, but a Split Raptor had about half of them as "secured".
I had my Hacking Stations research that port, which changed it to "Vulnerable".
I also had my Hacking Stations create a virus with the same vector as the port, in this case "Oxygen" and "SQL Injection".
TLs now have the Mobile Factory Kit that allows you to build Hackerchips for 1000 microchips each. I built a few and transferred them to my personal ship.
I moved back within hacking range of the Raptor and installed a backdoor onto the relevant port.

Now, the database shows the Raptor with a vulnerable port and a backdoor. If the ship is within range (in this case 5 sectors) of one of my Hacking Stations, it shows up as a potential "target".

Here is where I couldn't figure out how to progress:
When I try to dispatch the virus, I can highlight either "Target" or "Relay". "
Target" shows "Botnet 1/35" and "Relays 0/3" both in red. I noticed that my total Botnet was 1/60. Not sure how to increase it beyond more Hacking Stations.
"Relay" shows "Relay 1/0" in yellow.
I can't select "confirm" for either.
As a side note, can Hacking Stations get the ability to automatically transfer funds like Outposts and factories?

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sun, 7. Mar 21, 07:44

@4square425:
Spoiler
Show
i'm in a similar situation. Pretty sure that installing additional backdoors into other ships increases your botnet size. Which is a requirement to hack bigger ships. Your Raptor wants a minimum botnet size of 35 before you can dispatch the virus. Don't know what a relay is. Probably another ship which is already infected with a virus. So you might need to infect 3 smaller ships first.

4square425
x3tc

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3.11

Post by 4square425 » Sun, 7. Mar 21, 22:25

Now I have some interesting choices to make with 3.11.

The relationship between Tax and Advanced Engineering with Outposts focused on shipbuilding will require some thought.

I tend to make my highest population sectors into shipyards, so the Tax perk would be even more effective, but recovering from building a lot of fighters would take longer. Ships with Advanced Engineering look to take 66% more time to build. So a shipyard with both those perks will be a lot slower.

I'm probably going to divide my shipyards into three groups.
The first group would have Advanced Engineering and Tax. That is where I will build most of my support ships - miners, agents, traders, etc. They don't take up too many population points. Long-term, I'd also try to produce heavier capital ships there, even if they would take forever to build.
The second group would have Advanced Engineering. That is where I will build fighter reserves.
The third group would have neither. These would be "emergency" shipyards in case I really need to produce a lot of fighters quickly.

Hairless-Ape
xr

Post by Hairless-Ape » Mon, 8. Mar 21, 21:31

. Since TM's like the Pelican can be claimed, I tried to setup an old style mining fleet with it as the home base to 4 miners. It's a great way to do mining. Can't assign the TM as the home-base for miners now. Is this something we can add back?

. Can no longer seem to capture ships with the ship I'm currently in via command console. Have to eject and do it from a space suit. Used to be able to do this. Is this intentional?

. Feature idea for future major release: Have some station civilians that instead of offering missions, will offer themselves to be a pilot for you for a price. Different pilots would bestow certain unique enhancements to the ship they are piloting (greater speed, etc.). Have a screen to manage hired pilots. Just an idea..

. Am trying to setup Traders so that they don't try to trade 1 item at a time and waste a long trip to some trade station. If I set export minimum of "item X" to 20, will it try to export just 1 unit of "item X" when I acquire 21 units? Is there a way to ensure it doesn't try to waste a trade run on just 1 item?

Really liking the 3.11 changes. Keep up the great work.
Out of my mind. Back in 5 minutes.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Tue, 9. Mar 21, 07:00

There is an option called 'strict export'. If set to yes, traders will sell 1 unit once you have 21. If set to no, traders will sell 21 once you have 21

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 9. Mar 21, 08:42

Hairless-Ape wrote:
Mon, 8. Mar 21, 21:31
. Since TM's like the Pelican can be claimed, I tried to setup an old style mining fleet with it as the home base to 4 miners. It's a great way to do mining. Can't assign the TM as the home-base for miners now. Is this something we can add back?
Mobile mining fleets have been removed in Mayhem and I don't want them back.
Hairless-Ape wrote:
Mon, 8. Mar 21, 21:31
. Can no longer seem to capture ships with the ship I'm currently in via command console. Have to eject and do it from a space suit. Used to be able to do this. Is this intentional?
Yes. Buy a Remote Control Software if you want faster capture.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”