[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.8.0

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 2. Apr 19, 17:12

Skjoldpadda wrote:
Tue, 2. Apr 19, 13:47
something weird is happening in pike beta, 3 solar power plants belong to the paranid even if the sector is owned by boron. This is in the start of the game. I did notice something like that earlier too and i guess my braincells didnt fire, however it seems like a big bug after the bailed ships thing i think it was introduced in 2.7.10 not 2.8
Here is a save http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=071 ... 4757079559
It's actually been there for a long time... I've just fixed all the incorrect ownership (and there was a lot!). In the next version, every station will be owned by the sector owner by default. The mining outposts too.

Joubarbe
xr

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.8.1

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 2. Apr 19, 17:19

And 2.8.1 released.
Why did I never fix that? That's a mystery...

Skjoldpadda
x4

Post by Skjoldpadda » Tue, 2. Apr 19, 19:19

Wow your reallyrolling out the updates, this will make the alliance gamestart more fun, time to start a new game!

Skjoldpadda
x4

Post by Skjoldpadda » Tue, 2. Apr 19, 22:19

I checked out the list of know issues you cant fix and i was expecting a lot more. Its only 3 things that are not that big issues.
Again i have to say what if you go the other way with the ships turning red thing that you make it a feature where its expected of them to go red in certain situations, im sure there is some logic to it right? How about improving upun that logic? :P
Making an issue into a feature!

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 2. Apr 19, 22:43

If I had control over the relation between ships (and I'm supposed to, but something's wrong somewhere), I would have fix the relations. So I certainly cannot force them to be hostile :) And quite frankly, I'm not a big fan of the idea. There would be no warning about whether or not the abandoned ship is "stolen".

Besides, as I said, I doubt Mayhem will receive any new features. The missile damage reduction has been in my to-do list for a long time, and it took me 10 minutes to do it. That's about the time I want to spend on new features on Mayhem :)

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Wed, 3. Apr 19, 08:12

Looks like all wars appear to be "dirty" wars. You also can't claim the sector anymore for you or another faction even if all stations are destroyed (you get a message saying you cannot interact with the sector). Is this normal?

Edit: I also noticed that when a faction invades a sector, neither faction jumps in to attack/defend. (Edit: turns out all battle group ships don't have jumpdrives. What happened?)

How to reproduce (for the old clean wars):

1. Get rank 10 with any faction.
2. Order a faction's shipyard to invade a sector.
3. Neither the attacker nor the defender will send ships immediately.

For dirty wars:

1. Have the yaki invade a sector (in my case, I updated from 2.7.6 straight to 2.8.1, so the yaki were already in a sector).
2. Help the yaki by cleaning up the entire sector.
3. The yaki won't claim the sector even though they're the attackers and you won't be able to claim that sector for you or your allies either.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 3. Apr 19, 09:04

Sorry about that, it's fixed with 2.8.1c.

It was my own settings that I forgot to reset to default... (@Skjoldpadda: you've probably been playing with these settings for a while... That is: no jumpdrive for battle fleet, and dirty wars only)

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Wed, 3. Apr 19, 09:44

Joubarbe wrote:
Wed, 3. Apr 19, 09:04
Sorry about that, it's fixed with 2.8.1c.

It was my own settings that I forgot to reset to default... (@Skjoldpadda: you've probably been playing with these settings for a while... That is: no jumpdrive for battle fleet, and dirty wars only)
Now it's rolled back into 2.8.0 in the launcher :P (really, it is.)

Joubarbe
xr

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.8.1c

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 3. Apr 19, 10:02

Then let's go for 2.8.1d. This is so much fun!

Why the f*** don't I use git like everyone else...

Skjoldpadda
x4

Post by Skjoldpadda » Thu, 4. Apr 19, 16:51

Joubarbe wrote:
Wed, 3. Apr 19, 09:04
(@Skjoldpadda: you've probably been playing with these settings for a while... That is: no jumpdrive for battle fleet, and dirty wars only)
I noticed the dirty wars only thing however i still dont know all the features of this game.
I noticed another thing on those settings, on a boron alliance start the boron took out teladi ships without beeing at war with them (Neutral).
Other than that i started again on the boron alliance start after the last patch and im doing quite well, around 12 hours into the game. Love that the mining outposts are now friendly in boron space.
And the only things inoticed that are out of the ordinary was an atf fleet that spawned in boron space while slowcrawling back home it seems like. And a teladi military fleet (boron allies) keep camping a boron sector in the middle shooting missiles at me if i go to close. And they wont move on.

Merzo

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.8.1d

Post by Merzo » Thu, 4. Apr 19, 17:10

the Russian community which is not especially knowing anglizky language in it to fashion faced full not understanding what to do!
If in LU 1.7.2 everything is clear, to develop the empire, Phanom well is better and to destroy xenons. in the sector an omicron.
But in лу and full intuitively clear rules as in X3
You Sdt start - we are given the ship m4 (almost in all starts) and we see the abandoned cargoship with full modules for trade.
The truck says to us that it here everything is clear to us for a trade car!
But what next to do that, we arrive on shipyard of any fraction, жа where we have the 6th rank, can repair the ship only. It is impossible to buy neither the ships nor stations.
By sectors still happens that is sold by the NPS old ships, but to improve them the speed, maneuverability and a cargo hold, it does not turn out AS ON I V SHIPYARD varnishes of fractions there are no these improvements.
We have no own stations, on shipyards of other fractions we can buy nothing.
Where that in old answers, someone wrote that a pier it is made to create the empire. But if we have no shipyard and we cannot buy it as to create it that with the ship m4 and the taken trophies up to m6, with starting with a basic speed of 38 we will be given nothing.

In sectors Albion 1,2,3 paranida, and the sector an omega, the broken gate and the empty sector.
What to do?

Merzo

Post by Merzo » Thu, 4. Apr 19, 17:14

Also it is not clear about a meaning the ships!
Is we will allow telad the miner of Vol..... but there only rockets are compatible it seems, in docks of a telada the mobile drill for ore, but in the description is on sale on what it is put only some Argonne m 6 and the ksenonsky ship is specified.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 4. Apr 19, 17:14

Neutral doesn't guarantee that there will be no local conflicts here and there. Some are more or less expected by Mayhem, others are... Mayhem-ish (and I like that, the unexpected behavior).
If you really look closely, you may see many weird stuff, ships shooting at each other for no reason; well, that's Mayhem :) It's mainly due to the "job" automatic spawn system of the vanilla game, which does not entirely get along well with some mechanics of the mod.

You should read about the dirty and clean wars in the encyclopedia, it's kind of an important part.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 4. Apr 19, 17:17

Why do I keep attracting people who don't speak English... Sorry Merzo, Google Translate is really hard to understand here.

I understand your frustration! (I should do politics) But you should read the in-game encyclopedia section, written with love especially for you!

Panda kiss

("The truck says to us that it here everything is clear to us for a trade car!")

Skjoldpadda
x4

Post by Skjoldpadda » Thu, 4. Apr 19, 17:21

Ok so i reached a new level ascenscion
Spoiler
Show
Its level 3 and it says have 10 traders running, does that mean mk3 universe traders? Cause dock agents doesnt seem to count (<3 dock agents, they should really count as traders imo)

Merzo

Post by Merzo » Thu, 4. Apr 19, 17:24

The encyclopedia not especially is also clear, besides it in a game and it it is impossible to translate through GOOGLE.
Very much in Russia liked X3, and they found in a consequence fashion of LU which by the way toluchit full Russian translation there. Also many found yours of fashion, but it is intuitively not clear.
How to improve the ships and where to take shipyard?
And also why the vessel with the name Teladi miner vol. cannot install a mobile drill and extract ore respectively.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 4. Apr 19, 17:24

Skjoldpadda wrote:
Thu, 4. Apr 19, 17:21
Ok so i reached a new level ascenscion
Spoiler
Show
Its level 3 and it says have 10 traders running, does that mean mk3 universe traders? Cause dock agents doesnt seem to count (<3 dock agents, they should really count as traders imo)
Traders are UT, yes. The generic name for UT, DA, SA, etc. is Agents.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 4. Apr 19, 17:25

@Merzo: you can find the texts of the Mayhem section of the encyclopedia in X3\addon\t\9974-L044.xml.

Also know that playing with a non-English version of the game will cause problems.

Skjoldpadda
x4

Post by Skjoldpadda » Thu, 4. Apr 19, 17:28

Allright thanks, and ill have a look at the encyclopedia regarding wars. And i do agree about the local conflicts and such, makes it more interresting.

Merzo

Post by Merzo » Thu, 4. Apr 19, 17:31

thanks for aiming, and also for your works on fashion of LU.
Надесюь I will be able to sort in an entsklopediya that after all it is necessary to construct shipyard and how to improve the ships.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”