[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

aurelcourt
x4

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.9.11

Post by aurelcourt » Sat, 24. Aug 19, 10:16

Joubarbe wrote:
Sat, 24. Aug 19, 09:49
Does any of you guys know how to get voices and musics back into the game after migrating from Win7 to Win10? Other sound effects seem to work ok.
Check language ?
I had that once, game was back in French for some reason...

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 24. Aug 19, 10:22

I don't launch the game from Steam, I have a separate folder (and you should too).

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sat, 24. Aug 19, 10:39

There should be no problems with sound when switching from different versions of Windows.

Try installing codecs. Maybe this will help. (http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm)

But the lack of menu sound, this is from version 2.9.9, if I remember correctly.

:gruebel:

ChrisPikula
x3ap

Post by ChrisPikula » Sat, 24. Aug 19, 10:46

Is there any way to change the station limit per sanctuary?

I'd like to increase the range of the limit, in a new game.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 24. Aug 19, 10:48

alexalsp wrote:
Sat, 24. Aug 19, 10:39
There should be no problems with sound when switching from different versions of Windows.

Try installing codecs. Maybe this will help. (http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm)

But the lack of menu sound, this is from version 2.9.9, if I remember correctly.

:gruebel:
Installing K-lite didn't work either :(

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sat, 24. Aug 19, 13:20

Joubarbe wrote:
Sat, 24. Aug 19, 10:48
Installing K-lite didn't work either :(
OK. Try this option.

1) Open Tasck Manedger and find

Изоляция графов аудиоустройств Windows ( Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation )

2) Kill the task.

3) Control Panel - Sound. Click on the sound device item with the right mouse button and select the Properties menu item - Advanced tab.

4) Uncheck all boxes. (Allow applications to use the device in monopoly mode)

5) Restart your computer

Or try installing the sound card drivers from the site of the sound card manufacturer.

Joubarbe
xr

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.9.12

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 24. Aug 19, 14:54

None of that helps. Thanks, I'm gonna try reinstalling X3 on Steam. Maybe it will reinstall something that is missing in the process.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sat, 24. Aug 19, 15:04

Another option, install DX 9.

Strange, did not encounter such a problem. The sound always worked. I have LTSB version of windows 10 installed on my PC.

Alternatively, check the volume control in the game settings. :|

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 24. Aug 19, 15:17

As I said, only Betty and music are not playing. It would be easier if nothing was playing :)

EDIT: Doesn't work either, discussion moved to viewtopic.php?f=93&t=418433

Shenecha
x4

Post by Shenecha » Sat, 24. Aug 19, 19:54

Great mod, thank you Joubarbe for your dedication to this!

I got a quick question as a relatively new player. I have 4 sectors right now and just unlocked the Goner temple and I have never build a MLCC Dock before in any of my games. Is it a good idea to place the Goner Temple in my shipyard sector or should I really put a McCallum or Starliner dock there to equip ships in the shipyard sector?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 24. Aug 19, 21:16

A Goner Temple improves sector stats. So IMO, yeah, it's better to put that into your core sectors.

Hairless-Ape
xr

Post by Hairless-Ape » Sun, 25. Aug 19, 04:15

Joubarbe wrote:
Sat, 24. Aug 19, 09:49
Does any of you guys know how to get voices and musics back into the game after migrating from Win7 to Win10? Other sound effects seem to work ok.
The low level Windows API actually treats "sound effects" separately from "music / Voice playback". There are different features associated with them and you will often see higher level programming calls that literally have separate calls for playing a sound effect vs playing music. Drivers can behave differently when you upgrade to windows 10, so that's always one thing to look at.

However, within Windows 10, there is a place where you can mess with some of that stuff and it can get screwed up. Something to look at anyway.

Go to control Panel
Sound
Find your output device in the list
Right click and choose Properties
Select the "Enhancements" tab.
There are some options there to enable/disable sound effects, set various modes of operation etc. Play with that a bit and see if it helps.

I've also seen some audio configuration screens for advanced sound devices that allow some separate manipulation of sound effects vs music. I assume you looked at your basic mixer stuff but you never know. Most built-in audio cards don't give you that much control but perhaps yours does.
cheers.

Calahan
x2

Post by Calahan » Mon, 26. Aug 19, 13:20

Can I please ask what, if anything, I'm missing regarding the price of the M3 Perseus Miner? As to me it seems out of sync with the other M3 miners. Here's a chart highlighting what I mean.

It (the Perseus Miner) has the highest price, yet has the smallest cargo bay (which is a huge negative for a miner), and with no other standout features (AFAICT). And if you compare it to say the Chimera Miner, which is the closest match on speed, then the Chimera Miner is cheaper and has an ~80% bigger cargo bay. While if you compare it to say the Falcon Miner, which is the closest match for cargo bay size, then the Falcon Miner is 60% cheaper, but yet is only really worse for speed (which is not that important anyway given most of the time is spent mining).

So as I said, what am I missing here? Because it seems to me to be one of the worst M3 miners due to it's cargo bay size, and yet has the highest price tag. And while the highest price tag doesn't always equate to the 'best ship', I can't think of any other cases where it actually equates to (potentially) the worst one (or worst for the job at least).

Or are the prices auto-calculated based on the stats, and there's no differentiation made between Miners and non-Miners? Meaning the Perseus Miner has the highest price tag simply because the combination of its stats add up to the highest price (but even then I'm not sure it adds up, unless Shield Generation has a much higher weighting than I would expect).

----------
ps. @ Joubarbe - My heartfelt thanks to you for all the time and effort you have put into creating this superb mod. I spent a few hundred hours playing TC/AP, then years later I spent many more hundreds of hours playing LU, and now a few years later again I've already spent close to a hundred hours playing your mod. Don't want to get all crawly and sycophantic, but have to say that I think your mod may genuinely be everything I've ever wanted from this game (and indeed this game series going all the way back to the first X). X3 lacked any real challenge. LU brought the challenge but lacked empire building. And now your mod has both the challenge and the empire building. Only thing left on my wish list is an active pause, but I guess that's way outside the scope of anyone's modding powers ;)

Never thought I'd still be playing this game over a decade after first playing it (which is either a testament to X3, or a criticism of its sequels. Probably a bit of both).
[ external image ]
This signature serves as my permanent and consistent "Thank You" to Litcube for sharing the outstanding mod he created.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 26. Aug 19, 14:22

Yeah... Problem is I see other inconsistent data on your chart. For instance, why is the Pirate Falcon Miner so cheap? Turrets other than the main one are not used, and yet, it has an impact on the price.
All the ships follow a formula made by Litcube. Miners are no exception, but there should have an exception for them. I'll look into that later.

Thanks for the kind word! Glad you like the mod.

Shenecha
x4

Post by Shenecha » Tue, 27. Aug 19, 16:49

I noticed that mobile mining is significantly more effective in-sector than out-of-sector. Probably simply due to the lasers firing less often OOS. Maybe this can be fixed with some code that increases mining chance for ships not in the same sector as the player?

deztar
x3ap

Post by deztar » Wed, 28. Aug 19, 04:53

Hey Joubarbe, and also, everyone, check it out.
https://deztar.github.io/x3mayhembuddy/ (it takes a couple seconds to load)
You can also click on a ship's name to get only one record, like this: https://deztar.github.io/x3mayhembuddy/?name=Hayabusa

I took csv and t-files from X3 Editor. Then parsed them into json, which was a real nightmare.
Like... you get name id from csv, and you have to look up the name in the xml, where ids are not even unique. Wtf?
And then some ids don't even reference the name, but another link to different xml file (Not sure if it's egosoft or litcube).

The page itself is unoptimized and bulky, but seems to be working.
Time to finally get to playing, I guess.

Let me know what you think.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 28. Aug 19, 08:38

Nice! Thanks for the effort, I'm going to put a link into the help section of the main file.

Shenecha
x4

Post by Shenecha » Wed, 28. Aug 19, 09:53

Very nice deztar, that's useful!

I also made something, a spreadsheet to compare lasers: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

The only "special" thing I did was letting it calculate the general non-linear progression of DPS/Energy usage ratio, and then comparing every weapon with this line to get a relative efficiency score in column "I". If that percentage is positive, the weapon delivers comparatively high damage for its energy usage compared to the general trend. For calculating general DPS I weighted shield damage 5x compared to hull damage, because especially larger ships tend to have a lot more shield than hull HP. It's a bit arbitrary but a different factor wouldn't change the results that much.

For fighters this sheet suggest the Pulsed Beam Emitter and Energy Bolt Chaingun are some of the best weapons. For heavier ships the Ion Shard Railgun, Cluster Flak Array, Flak Artillery Array and Phased Array Laser Cannon deliver outstanding sustained DPS. The Starburst Shockwave Cannon also looks great but aside from orbital weapon platforms few ships can use it.

It's not perfect, I'm still changing things but I already find it useful.
Last edited by Shenecha on Wed, 28. Aug 19, 10:07, edited 2 times in total.

TeliUmbrarum
x3ap

Post by TeliUmbrarum » Wed, 28. Aug 19, 10:04

Hairless-Ape wrote:
Sat, 17. Aug 19, 19:42

Edit:

Also, the bug is still there where if you Board a ship (not build it), you can never issue the "Jump and Fly to Station" command. It's really painful and I wish that one would go away.
You first have to jump it to a system and then issue another command to dock at a station.
It seems to clear itself up if you assign that ship as a Dock agent, or a UT and then start using it manually after that, so something is still borked.
Wait, this is a thing? I was wondering why some of my ships just refused to jump and dock but, if memory serves, it was only ones I'd claimed. Interesting.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”