[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Shenecha
x4

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.9.12

Post by Shenecha » Fri, 30. Aug 19, 11:43

Hairless-Ape wrote:
Thu, 29. Aug 19, 23:01
I'm particularly impressed with the M3 Notus. It is very fast, holds 3x25Mj shields and 10 Pac's (or other), making it one of the more survivable fighters. Some use the Falcon Sentinel as it has a 200Mj shield, but it's pitifully slow and speed is vital. There are plenty of fast M3's out there, but few with decent shielding. I also like that it allows PAC's for laser choice, as those are easily available at many equipment docks, so I don't have to build weapons myself early game.
Why not go for the Aamon over the Notus? It's even faster and has double the shielding, 6x 25MJ, and the Price according to the ship compendium is only slightly higher. Manufacturing cost of ships is relative to this Price value right? The Aamon looks really overpowered.

PAC's do relatively low damage btw. The best lasers for M3's are the Pulsed Beam Emitter and the Energy Bolt Chaingun, they have almost double the DPS of the PAC. The PBE has a bit more DPS than the EBC, and the EBC has more range than the PBE. I think the EBC is best, because firing earlier also effectively increases damage output, and staying at longer range makes the enemy more likely to miss if their weapon projectiles travel slowly. Not many M3's support both though, so your ship will probably dictate the choice between them.

The only M3 I can currently build is the Cougar. It's incredibly fast with a base speed of 264 (290 with Engine Tuning perk) and is offensively strong, but only has 2x 25MJ shielding. I'm inclined to stick with them purely for their speed. They are expensive to replace though.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Fri, 30. Aug 19, 12:51

apeemlo wrote:
Fri, 30. Aug 19, 08:29
sorry if this asked and answered already, is there any way to change the GUI color with mayham? i tried reinstalling LU gui with different color and it didnt affect it
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... bukVVO3Er4

unpack to addon\

Hairless-Ape
xr

Post by Hairless-Ape » Fri, 30. Aug 19, 14:46

Shenecha wrote:
Fri, 30. Aug 19, 11:43

Why not go for the Aamon over the Notus? It's even faster and has double the shielding, 6x 25MJ, and the Price according to the ship compendium is only slightly higher. Manufacturing cost of ships is relative to this Price value right? The Aamon looks really overpowered.

PAC's do relatively low damage btw. The best lasers for M3's are the Pulsed Beam Emitter and the Energy Bolt Chaingun, they have almost double the DPS of the PAC. The PBE has a bit more DPS than the EBC, and the EBC has more range than the PBE. I think the EBC is best, because firing earlier also effectively increases damage output, and staying at longer range makes the enemy more likely to miss if their weapon projectiles travel slowly. Not many M3's support both though, so your ship will probably dictate the choice between them.

The only M3 I can currently build is the Cougar. It's incredibly fast with a base speed of 264 (290 with Engine Tuning perk) and is offensively strong, but only has 2x 25MJ shielding. I'm inclined to stick with them purely for their speed. They are expensive to replace though.
Yea, after looking this over, I think you're right about all of this.. The only consideration for the weapons that may keep me using PAC's though is the price. The PBE is nearly twice the cost. The EBC looks like only about 25% or so more, and gives far better performance all around, so I may switch to those if I can find them early on.. I think Teladi sell them at their docks.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 30. Aug 19, 15:11

alexalsp wrote:
Fri, 30. Aug 19, 12:51
apeemlo wrote:
sorry if this asked and answered already, is there any way to change the GUI color with mayham? i tried reinstalling LU gui with different color and it didnt affect it

unpack to addon\
And rename to highest number + 1.

apeemlo
x4

Post by apeemlo » Fri, 30. Aug 19, 16:42

Ah, you right, reinstalled it all and it worked, great mod btw xD thanks

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Fri, 30. Aug 19, 16:53

Joubarbe wrote:
Fri, 30. Aug 19, 15:11
alexalsp wrote:
Fri, 30. Aug 19, 12:51
apeemlo wrote:

unpack to addon\
And rename to highest number + 1.
Or so:
Spoiler
Show

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Sun, 1. Sep 19, 06:04

anyone else having issues with occasional wares with blank names in sectors and readtext showing up in tfiles and other oddities.
viewing T files with X3 Editor and lots of ZA_EMP_BLANK_WARE and in description it says String [17:11064] not found.
Seeing this in Clean LU and Clean LU with Mayhem, bonus pack isn't installed.
don't know what is going on to cause this, only thing I can think of is the most recent version of X3AP is the problem.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 1. Sep 19, 08:32

Game must be in English. Not X3 problem.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sun, 1. Sep 19, 08:49

Joelnh wrote:
Sun, 1. Sep 19, 06:04
anyone else having issues with occasional wares with blank names in sectors and readtext showing up in tfiles and other oddities.
viewing T files with X3 Editor and lots of ZA_EMP_BLANK_WARE and in description it says String [17:11064] not found.
don't know what is going on to cause this, only thing I can think of is the most recent version of X3AP is the problem.
I did not encounter either the English version or the Russian. But yes, the original should be English 44.

You can change the language in the file: addon\lang.dat

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sun, 1. Sep 19, 10:03

In preparation for SW Alpha i'm currently testing E/I of a more advanced Mayhem game. Never did that before.
And i notice two annoying circumstances which currently require me to work around.

1) In sectors which previously belonged to other races i also get control over their respawned original factories. I could self-destruct them, but anyone else experiencing this?

2) Could you remove all the vanilla ships which also seem to spawn based on sector ownership as it has been in standart LU (military, border control, task force)? Again, not gamebreaking, but if they could be reduced without too much trouble... like deleting all non-player ships in player sectors at the end of export process?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 1. Sep 19, 11:13

Could you upload your savegame for me to reproduce 1)? (and the name of the sector)

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sun, 1. Sep 19, 11:48

Here you go.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/5owyqyl16 ... 1.sav/file

Former Argon sectors:
Montalaar
Belt of Aguilar (i own Jonferco now :D )
Black Hole Sun

Former Split:
Thyn's Abyss
Family Njy
Njy's Deception

Factories with "your" prefix haven't been there on export. An Argon Equipment Dock + Plutarch Mining Outpost have spawned too. Former unknown sectors aren't affected.

EDIT: This is the save just before export.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/iiuvwbu3q ... 9.sav/file

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Sun, 1. Sep 19, 14:31

alexalsp wrote:
Sun, 1. Sep 19, 08:49
Joelnh wrote:
Sun, 1. Sep 19, 06:04
I did not encounter either the English version or the Russian. But yes, the original should be English 44.

You can change the language in the file: addon\lang.dat
my game is set to english, just verified it in the lang file and it's copied out of the steam directory.
my types folder only has 1 file in it, which is strange.
just looked at original files without Mayhem / LU and it is the same problem.... all files checked out ok.
deleting and reinstalling X3, hope that fixes it...

thank you for your help

Shenecha
x4

Post by Shenecha » Sun, 1. Sep 19, 21:31

Does the Sanctuary max jumps setting for Dock Agents count for the entire trip (there and back again) or is it simply the sector distance without consideration of the way back?

Tomsoneeta

Post by Tomsoneeta » Sun, 1. Sep 19, 23:11

Hi

I think I read sometime ago that different foods in your sanctuary gives you manpower bonus. What happens if I take the No Food perk? Does the sanctuary lose the manpower bonus?
Shenecha wrote:
Sun, 1. Sep 19, 21:31
Does the Sanctuary max jumps setting for Dock Agents count for the entire trip (there and back again) or is it simply the sector distance without consideration of the way back?
Sector distance without consideration of the way back

Shenecha
x4

Post by Shenecha » Mon, 2. Sep 19, 08:20

Does anyone else experience that in the first stages of empire building the main thing that's holding you back is research times? Ship and station building, making money and producing/trading resources are rarely things I get impatient for in this mod, but researching ship blueprints is. I now fixed this for my own game, but perhaps it's something that should be addressed in general. In contrast to researching, I find ship construction to be very fast and I don't expect I'll need a second shipyard sector in my current game for a very long time. Maybe making research faster and slowing down ship (and perhaps laser/shield/missile) construction would balance the pacing of this mod better?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 2. Sep 19, 11:20

@Tomsoneeta: the manpower bonus has been removed.
@Shenecha: then conquer more sectors to build more Research stations. All gameplay values are editable in addon\t\9972-L044.xml. The pace of the mod has been changed a lot during the past, and I feel it's quite balanced as it is now.

mrBreed
x3ap

Post by mrBreed » Mon, 2. Sep 19, 12:46

I wanna ask. Its bug if events with ship ( i about - laser charge) happened 2 time, and laser charge gonna be (-50%). Its normal now ? :D

mrBreed
x3ap

Post by mrBreed » Mon, 2. Sep 19, 13:48

Still a bug in the barracks says that it is impossible to hire more than 50 Marines. But there are only 41. ( Strange, but after folding and unfolding the game for screenshots. He gave 9 to hire Marines)

Hairless-Ape
xr

Post by Hairless-Ape » Mon, 2. Sep 19, 17:49

Shenecha wrote:
Mon, 2. Sep 19, 08:20
Does anyone else experience that in the first stages of empire building the main thing that's holding you back is research times? .... Maybe making research faster and slowing down ship (and perhaps laser/shield/missile) construction would balance the pacing of this mod better?
A couple other ways of getting Blueprints early game (of course this doesn't affect research time, but it's related).

. Check to see if other corporations have ships for sale in the war ministry screen. A lot of those may be junk ships with little hull, but they are also cheap. Once you buy them you get their BP.
. Send your Reaper shuttle out to claim ships. This also gives you the BP.

I also tend to suffer in the very early game from the lack of both a decent Hauler blueprint and an M5 scout. Usually, I can find a pirate hauler somewhere around and data scan him, and usually I can buy an M5 ship from another corporation cheap, but it can be hit or miss. Like Joubarbe said, you still need to claim more sectors and put up additional research stations.. no way around that. I am not entirely sure, but it may be possible to build more than 1 research station in a system. i've never tried it, but it certainly comes up as an option in the station build menu.. Then after you get enough researched, trash the extra stations for their resources.
Out of my mind. Back in 5 minutes.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”