[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Sat, 14. Jul 18, 21:31

tatakau wrote:I think I read somewhere buried in this thread on or on ModDB that the EVE Online music on CCP's Soundcloud works really well with Mayhem. Or maybe LU. Not sure where I read it.

https://soundcloud.com/ccpgames/sets/ev ... ame-tracks

But if I'm going to be getting a fresh install together for the impending 2.5, I figured I might as well take a stab at bringing in their music.

Do you have any recommended procedures, for what files to replace in the X3>Soundtrack folder?
A lot of EVE music is installed with LU (Soundtrack.exe), not sure if that's all tracks though. For example Doomed Forever is playing in Belt of Aguilar. If you want to add more (in case some songs are missing), open galaxy editor and check all sectors' settings. You can change the BGM there.

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Sat, 14. Jul 18, 22:32

Fureimuu wrote:
Joubarbe wrote:Do you guys understand why two reviews with a rating of 10 gives an average of 7 on ModDB?
NA math LUL
I see a rating of 9.8 from 5 reviews, not 7.

Happyblue
x4

Post by Happyblue » Sun, 15. Jul 18, 01:29

Because when it was posted there was a delay. There has been a few more ratings since then. I particularly like the 9 reason being that 2.5 keeps getting delayed for new features. :)

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 15. Jul 18, 05:54

Fureimuu wrote:
tatakau wrote:I think I read somewhere buried in this thread on or on ModDB that the EVE Online music on CCP's Soundcloud works really well with Mayhem. Or maybe LU. Not sure where I read it.

https://soundcloud.com/ccpgames/sets/ev ... ame-tracks

But if I'm going to be getting a fresh install together for the impending 2.5, I figured I might as well take a stab at bringing in their music.

Do you have any recommended procedures, for what files to replace in the X3>Soundtrack folder?
A lot of EVE music is installed with LU (Soundtrack.exe), not sure if that's all tracks though. For example Doomed Forever is playing in Belt of Aguilar. If you want to add more (in case some songs are missing), open galaxy editor and check all sectors' settings. You can change the BGM there.
I had played X3 with LU before I tried Eve (free alpha account). I was amazed to hear so much "X3" music when I first fired up Eve!

The music that LU uses from Eve just fits so very well into the whole X3 feel, it's uncanny.

Quixotic-Neutral
x3tc

Post by Quixotic-Neutral » Sun, 15. Jul 18, 07:06

Is it next week yet?

No?

Damn.

EDIT: Oh, and reviewed. We're up to 9.9 with 7 votes. :D

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sun, 15. Jul 18, 09:39

I've forgotten how the music sounds as i prefer to listen to YT while playing X3.
For some time now i want to wrap my head around searching for an autohotkey script to change between the space ambient and the combat playlist without AltTabbing. But i'm lazy so most fights simply end up with lounge music in the background :)

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Sun, 15. Jul 18, 12:45

I remember there was some problem with LU soundtrack back in the days, copyright related, but I still don't understand what exactly happened. Apparently there are 2 different soundtrack installers, the other one is not available anymore. I could be wrong though.
Hector0x wrote:I've forgotten how the music sounds as i prefer to listen to YT while playing X3.
For some time now i want to wrap my head around searching for an autohotkey script to change between the space ambient and the combat playlist without AltTabbing. But i'm lazy so most fights simply end up with lounge music in the background :)
I read somewhere here, in the forums, that it's possible to completely disable combat music in the game. Couldn't find any details though :(

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sun, 15. Jul 18, 17:54

Fureimuu wrote: I read somewhere here, in the forums, that it's possible to completely disable combat music in the game. Couldn't find any details though :(
Litcube wrote:Where XX is the sector's two digit x coordinate, and YY is the two digit y coordinate. Kingdom End: 80000.mp3

For combat tracks: *010XX.mp3*

Where XX is a number from 01 to 42.
http://litcube.xtimelines.net/wiki/inde ... ture_Music

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Sun, 15. Jul 18, 17:58

Hector0x wrote:
Fureimuu wrote: I read somewhere here, in the forums, that it's possible to completely disable combat music in the game. Couldn't find any details though :(
Litcube wrote:Where XX is the sector's two digit x coordinate, and YY is the two digit y coordinate. Kingdom End: 80000.mp3

For combat tracks: *010XX.mp3*

Where XX is a number from 01 to 42.
http://litcube.xtimelines.net/wiki/inde ... ture_Music
That's about replacing combat music, not disabling it. There is a way to keep the sector music playing even during combat. There is a mod I believe, a configuration tool rather, that allows you to do that, but LU is among incompatible mods.

Happyblue
x4

Post by Happyblue » Sun, 15. Jul 18, 20:23

ETA updated to SOON - wheeeeeeeeee

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Mon, 16. Jul 18, 01:59

Fureimuu wrote: That's about replacing combat music, not disabling it. There is a way to keep the sector music playing even during combat. There is a mod I believe, a configuration tool rather, that allows you to do that, but LU is among incompatible mods.
Since you mentioned it, I went ahead and added LU support for that feature. Though that's not going to help with out of game track swapping.

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Mon, 16. Jul 18, 10:47

SirNukes wrote:Since you mentioned it, I went ahead and added LU support for that feature. Though that's not going to help with out of game track swapping.
That's great! Is there an instruction on how to do that properly?

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Mon, 16. Jul 18, 14:32

Joubarbe wrote:Image
Saturn complexes are back? Would speed things up a lot!
I suppose they are not self-sufficient loops though, it would be nice to be able to merge multiple factories into one to increase output while saving factory support and space in the sector :)

UPD: didn't see the changelog oops

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Mon, 16. Jul 18, 15:09

I see what you did there. No need to create jobs for wheat or argnu beef anymore. That is great!

Is one complex represented by one station physical present in the gameworld?

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Mon, 16. Jul 18, 15:43

So, a predefined complex would be basically, say a scruffin farm and massom powder factory combined into one factory, only taking up one station slot in a sector, right? Sounds good, but what if we want just one of the individual stations (eg we want a scruffin farm without the massom powder, for food production), would that be available to build by itself?

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Mon, 16. Jul 18, 15:48

Would it be possible to normalize the different types of food in terms of cost and consumption? For example, to feed sanctuaries, it makes the most sense to feed your people scruffin fruits, because they are by far and away the cheapest to produce or purchase for the quantity you receive.

But, it could be normalized, so that cheaper foods, such as scruffin fruits, are consumed at a faster rate than more expensive foods (like BoFu), ie 3 units of scruffin fruits consumed per minute vs 1 per minute for BoFu. That way there could be more incentive for food diversity. Just a thought.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 16. Jul 18, 16:20

Falcrack wrote:So, a predefined complex would be basically, say a scruffin farm and massom powder factory combined into one factory, only taking up one station slot in a sector, right? Sounds good, but what if we want just one of the individual stations (eg we want a scruffin farm without the massom powder, for food production), would that be available to build by itself?
The individual station still exists. Complexes are just two stations into one, making the player logistics more manageable.

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Mon, 16. Jul 18, 16:35

Joubarbe wrote:
Falcrack wrote:So, a predefined complex would be basically, say a scruffin farm and massom powder factory combined into one factory, only taking up one station slot in a sector, right? Sounds good, but what if we want just one of the individual stations (eg we want a scruffin farm without the massom powder, for food production), would that be available to build by itself?
The individual station still exists. Complexes are just two stations into one, making the player logistics more manageable.
Is it possible to connect any station with any station? For example 2 stations that require the same resources but produce different wares?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 16. Jul 18, 16:49

No. These complexes are "built-in", you still cannot make your own complex.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”