[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Taylor2008
x4

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.7.8

Post by Taylor2008 » Wed, 23. Jan 19, 01:09

:)

olek_skilgannon
x3ap

Post by olek_skilgannon » Wed, 23. Jan 19, 03:50

KroelleBoelle wrote:
Tue, 22. Jan 19, 10:36

I am using DA's, stopping them from working fixed my persistent crash I originally reported, and I manually delivered the resources for about 12 hours with no issue, since then I have deleted the "distribution" jobs at the logistics screen, and now have two DA's per station, I've about 48 hours since without a crash, I still don't know the cause of the crashes, but there is no doubt in my mind that it was the DAs, and quite possibly the distribution part, but if you are not distributing, I don't know what it could be.

hey sorry for being unclear i was distributing with the DAs and thats what also caused my crash, because as soon i cancel all jobs for the DAs the crash will not occur.
So now your DAs are distributing? Just trying to find a workaround to play this awesome mod without DAs. Manually distributing myself doesnt sound really like my cup of tea, too tedious and boring. Maybe i try to get an internal network going and then activate the DAs to only collect from my stations.
No, my DAs are only doing acquire jobs.
I don't really need the distribution jobs, the station agents take what they need, as long as the factories are set to allow SA & DA, your Sanctuary also needs to be set to allow SA & DA.
The Dock Agents bring in everything I need to build stations, ships and lasers, and also provide for the local factories, I choose the no food perk for every station, so I don't have to worry over starving population.

You really only need the distribution jobs if you want to sell off excess resources, but that isn't really necessary either, money is not as important in this mod because you make just about everything yourself.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 23. Jan 19, 10:55

Joubarbe wrote:
Tue, 22. Jan 19, 19:59
Anyway... Be patient!
We need it MEOW!

Dr2i

Post by Dr2i » Wed, 23. Jan 19, 20:37

After all this wait for a true successor to X3, we get a lifeless skeleton of an X4. What a disappointment.
At least we still have your mod, it's one that I can't seem to clear from my hard disk. Thanks for updating it again and again.

Looking forward to your other projet (as you described in a previous post). The ideas are amazing (and ambitious).
I'm naturally unfriendly sometimes. Don't take what I say too badly.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 24. Jan 19, 13:12

olek_skilgannon wrote:
Wed, 23. Jan 19, 03:50
KroelleBoelle wrote:
Tue, 22. Jan 19, 10:36

I am using DA's, stopping them from working fixed my persistent crash I originally reported, and I manually delivered the resources for about 12 hours with no issue, since then I have deleted the "distribution" jobs at the logistics screen, and now have two DA's per station, I've about 48 hours since without a crash, I still don't know the cause of the crashes, but there is no doubt in my mind that it was the DAs, and quite possibly the distribution part, but if you are not distributing, I don't know what it could be.

hey sorry for being unclear i was distributing with the DAs and thats what also caused my crash, because as soon i cancel all jobs for the DAs the crash will not occur.
So now your DAs are distributing? Just trying to find a workaround to play this awesome mod without DAs. Manually distributing myself doesnt sound really like my cup of tea, too tedious and boring. Maybe i try to get an internal network going and then activate the DAs to only collect from my stations.
No, my DAs are only doing acquire jobs.
I don't really need the distribution jobs, the station agents take what they need, as long as the factories are set to allow SA & DA, your Sanctuary also needs to be set to allow SA & DA.
The Dock Agents bring in everything I need to build stations, ships and lasers, and also provide for the local factories, I choose the no food perk for every station, so I don't have to worry over starving population.

You really only need the distribution jobs if you want to sell off excess resources, but that isn't really necessary either, money is not as important in this mod because you make just about everything yourself.
I'll be back this week-end, so if both of you have relevant savegames, don't hesitate to share. I think I still have yours, olek, in which the freeze occurs less than a minute after loading.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Thu, 24. Jan 19, 17:23

Another one coming back from X4, woohoo! Fun to fly around, but empire building... Yeah, not quite there yet.

Does anyone like to share some impressions on their Mayhem game without jumpdrive and the jumpless battlegroup option?
What did you like, what maybe not so much? Any interesting developments, surprises, or frustrations? Does one need to powerplay, or abuse the game in order to succeed here? (not intruder gamestart)
And most importantly. Do you recommend it?
I'm intrigued, but also a little reluctant, imagining too much SETA travel and slow progression.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Thu, 24. Jan 19, 22:12

Hector0x wrote:
Thu, 24. Jan 19, 17:23

Does anyone like to share some impressions on their Mayhem game without jumpdrive and the jumpless battlegroup option?
Started as Split, had fun first few days building the empire, then joined in the warfare to protect Split core sectors, at the end Argon captured sector close to my HQ with ship production and at the end annihilated it. I did not heave enough resources to withstand. My biggest frustrations:
1. You are locked to core start sectors cluster as there is no way to reach far sectors without JD.
2. I had only one empty system in these core sectors to work with and so I was not competitive against other empires, I could only help Splits in their endeavors.
3. Some navigation scripts work only with JD :(
4. Without JD there is basically no reason to capture enemy ships, set couriers etc.
5. It takes enormous amount of time for DAs to navigate in large sectors.
6. You can die very easy in the start of the game when you have no ships to teleport to or if your ship is too weak to survive 2s of fire for you to teleport.

But in general I recommend it, totally brings new perspective to the game and all the mayhem (heh) that JD-less task forces create on their rout is oneof the best parts.
In my new playthrough as Argon i tend to use Mammoths to transport goods between sanctuaries with Courier command and you would never think about this with JDs.

Dr2i

Post by Dr2i » Thu, 24. Jan 19, 22:21

is it normal for Ianamus Zura, Teladi's safe sector, to NOT have a shipyard ?
I'm naturally unfriendly sometimes. Don't take what I say too badly.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Thu, 24. Jan 19, 22:25

Dr2i wrote:
Thu, 24. Jan 19, 22:21
is it normal for Ianamus Zura, Teladi's safe sector, to NOT have a shipyard ?
yes, they are totally random

camaro71179
x4

Post by camaro71179 » Fri, 25. Jan 19, 03:25

I tried and can't seem to find a solid answer to this. If you get invaded and lose the Sanctuary, but have an OWP left and own the sector. Does the sanctuary re-spawn or do you need to abandon the sector and recap it to get the sanctuary back?

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Fri, 25. Jan 19, 16:22

Shuulo wrote:
Thu, 24. Jan 19, 22:12
1. You are locked to core start sectors cluster as there is no way to reach far sectors without JD.
2. I had only one empty system in these core sectors to work with and so I was not competitive against other empires
Thanks Shuulo.

Is the amount of sectors set to unknown after gamestart customizable?

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 25. Jan 19, 19:41

Hector0x wrote:
Fri, 25. Jan 19, 16:22
Shuulo wrote:
Thu, 24. Jan 19, 22:12
2. I had only one empty system in these core sectors to work with and so I was not competitive against other empires
Thanks Shuulo.

Is the amount of sectors set to unknown after gamestart customizable?
I do not think so. It would be a great feature for JD-less start
Panda, hey Panda, can we have it?

olek_skilgannon
x3ap

Post by olek_skilgannon » Sat, 26. Jan 19, 17:12

Joubarbe wrote:
Sat, 26. Jan 19, 11:59
Mayhem 2.7.9 released
Your a legend mate, thank you!

I'm still going in my original game, loving it, haven't played a game for this long in years.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sat, 26. Jan 19, 21:22

Joubarbe wrote:
Sat, 26. Jan 19, 11:59
Mayhem 2.7.9 released
Thanks mate!
A quick question, was there cat/dat update? or just script files? want to know if I I need to re-apply my changes to ships.

Caffeine Zombie
x3ap

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.7.9

Post by Caffeine Zombie » Sun, 27. Jan 19, 17:41

@Joubarbe

Could you, please, explain how sanctuary menus works? Which scripts do I have to look into to add a button to menu?

A bit of backstory. I'm kinda into boarding, and this led to me having more than 80 marines. For easier managing I wanted to add them kind of team tag in the beginning of their names, like [A] or [C], separating them into 4-man teams. Doing that manually through rename function would take a lot of time, cause there is no way to just add something, only completely replace the name.
I slightly altered renaming part of Menu.DWM.Marine.SM script to just add symbols to existing name. Not best solution, but I couldn't find the way to add separate button.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 27. Jan 19, 18:18

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=378952

And the scripts are: Menu.DWM.Get.X and Menu.DWM.Set.X. This menu, obviously, is huge, so there are many scripts and dependencies... Good luck!

olek_skilgannon
x3ap

Post by olek_skilgannon » Tue, 29. Jan 19, 06:18

I've setup a few distribution jobs in two of my sanctuaries, so far so good.

I've discovered that the scrap is not working in making gear, I have about 800 scrap in one sanctuary that has a marine barracks, up top of the screen it says no scrap, when I attempt to make something it says "not enough scrap", yet there is scrap in the sanctuaries inventory.

I've taken this game a bit too easy I think, I have a net worth of about 2.5 Billion, and I am nowhere near ready to take on a faction, got a mission via message to take out 6 Terran TS, if I did that I would get annihilated, if I don't then there are consequences which I am beginning to see.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”