[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 23:00

Sirrobert wrote:
VincentTH wrote:
Sirrobert wrote:
VincentTH wrote:2. I would like to be able to group OWPs closer together, especially the small ones, in order to concentrate fire. Currently the auto-placement /collision avoidance codes prevent that from happening, and OWPs have to fight alone against a pack of PX!!!!
Why do you have your OWP fight alone? Send in your fleet!
My fleet is composed of a dozen M3, but the PXs almost one-shot them, one at a time!!!!
Odd. I have annihilated OCV destroyers with fighter clouds, I can't see a few corvettes standing much of a chance.
What fighters are you using? And more importantly, how much damage are they doing in return?
You are talking about well progressed games right? At day 3-4 I can kill a T in mere seconds. I am talking about defending my sector during the first OCV invasion, where one can only afford a dozen M3, may be 2 small OCVs and if the player is lucky, 1 M6 (that is if you are not playing the Fast start).

The maintenance cost is killing me in this game, as I have not run into any large jackpot at all, and the OCVs are attacking just 30 mins into the 2nd day. There is just no time to set up the defense!!!!

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 00:14

How many Universe Traders do you have? I can't say I really notice the maintenance costs next to 6 UTs running around, selling millions of credits worth of loot, and me raking in a million per mission.

Mostly I'm slowed down by the fact that my Dock Agents aren't bringing in the materials I need fast enough to build weapons, because every single EQ dock is sold out and I can't arm my fighters. :roll:

And didn't Joubarbe said the OCV attacks 24 hours after you hit treat level 2? How does that get them there 24 hours and 30 minutes after game start?
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

medwed
xr

Post by medwed » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 01:42

One Question Joubarbe. Could you integrate a carrier command software for the large orbital platform (for the 20 fighters in the hanger/dock)?
Last edited by medwed on Fri, 8. Dec 17, 10:56, edited 3 times in total.

smiloid
x3

Post by smiloid » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 01:54

X3 is just one of those games with mods that pulls me back every few years. With 2.2, Mayhem just isn't letting me go.

From scratch start. Re-rolled until i had a Drake. (Don't judge me! :P )

Still on day 1. First sanctuary setup in USB. Currently working to develop the sector and get a research station.

Being able to setup in USB instead of USO is a preference. In the thick of the action. Pirates have taken two nearby Teladi sectors and are camping out in force in the Teladi's safe sector IZ. The true mayhem experience indeed!

Combat missions are great for something to shoot at while the empire is in its infancy. Nice to have them around. Station defense missions are low risk as the enemy starts focused on the station and you can pick most of them off one at a time. Only LXs and the like are too much for my Eurus to handle.

Just the tip: That TS+ Drake is like a M6- gunboat with 1 GJ of shields and 12 PRGs. I ended up using that Drake a few times to complete combat missions that were beyond what my M4 could handle alone.
Little extra: once your Drake has had a taste of the easy Mk3 trading money, it is far less useful as an improvised gunboat. It'll run away from any piece of debris that harbours a menacing thought towards it. Sissy spoiled traders, am i right?

First sanctuary up in USB, first thing i realize is that the local economy is far less stocked at first than it was in 2.1. Not enough wares around for the research station; have to build the factories to produce what i need. Delayed research, delayed logistics, delayed military... OCV are out there.

And we no longer have lasertowers as a hasty bulwark against the OCV... so this could be interesting.

No research, no ship production. Thanks to missions I've been able to purchase another Drake for UT, Vulture Advanced for DA, and an Angel for reaping. Always looking for more opportunities as i go.

Been selling claimed ships to fund sector development. ASAP, I'll have to start forming a rag tag combat wing out of them.

Wait, i lied. I did build the Goner Rangers. Good for exploring, scanning, and networking. Highly recommend.

Relations with all races that can be positive are on positive trends. Unlike 2.1, where decay and my own indifference quickly had me at full war with the Paranid and Split. Seems less hectic so far, but it is early.

Maintenance costs haven't been a concern as yet. But, I'm imagining a future where I've got a self sufficient empire at war with all races. No other need, or source, for credits. Too early to worry about that though.

Excited to take advantage of the sanctuary ecell perk. In 2.1, the majority of my station slots were ecell related. Seems like it'll more than double my productivity. Still got to accumulate 4 more threat for it though.

Loving it. Thanks!

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 10:09

VincentTH wrote: OCVs are attacking just 30 mins into the 2nd day.
This should only be possible if you got your second sector within the first 6h of the game. As i understand it OCV timer is 18-30h. If threat is at 1 and i take 3 additional sectors right before the end of day one, the earliest OCV arrival date could be after 42h. That's what i plan to do 8)

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 10:25

medwed wrote:One Question Joubarbe. Could you integrate a carrier command software for the large orbital platform (for the 20 fighters in the hanger/dock)?
Will do.
Hector0x wrote:As i understand it OCV timer is 18-30h.
It's actually 22-26 now.

medwed
xr

Post by medwed » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 10:58

Joubarbe wrote:
medwed wrote:One Question Joubarbe. Could you integrate a carrier command software for the large orbital platform (for the 20 fighters in the hanger/dock)?
Will do.
It's actually 22-26 now.

Update: The thing with how you can lvl up the sanctuary is not that "good" (i mean the thing with needed stations and owp´s). I have to give up 2 owp slots for a small and medium platform (to get higher lvl) so i can only build 6 large instead of 8. Maybe you have a "second" idea how to change that or make it "better" or which word would be better placed.

Everything else is nice ;) (ok i miss the point where i could build the ocv but ok :cry: ).

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 11:11

You're right, I overlooked that. I'll change that.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 12:23

Is there any way to respec a Sanctuarys perks?
I understand you don't want people to take the free Research station, or Cheaper Stations, and then respec it to something usefull after building the station(s), but perhaps we could pay some huge amount of resources to reroll it?

Hell, give me another day in-game and I'd probably be willing to abandon the entire sector just to reroll the Sanctuary to a more specialized role, so I hope there's an easier way.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 13:45

There's a hidden way: E/I. Perks are not exported, on purpose. You shouldn't abuse that anyway (E/I is not perfect)...

Abandoning a sector may be a good idea, but remember that you cannot recapture it before a 6 hours safety timer.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 14:54

I may do a single E/I then after I get a full grasp on the systems.

First things first: Survive the first wave. If all goes well I should just have my first MLCC dock set up with half a dozen M6 and a few TM. Hope it'll be enough.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 16:06

Joubarbe wrote:
Will do.
It's actually 22-26 now.
In retrospect, I should not have claimed the 2nd sector early in the game!!!

But that does not explain why I got the OCV warning at 20:30h of the first day, and the actual attack at 1d 00:30? That screwed up my economy, as I have to build OWPs , shjeld and guns very early in the game, instead of working on the economy.

May be I cheat a little bit, and do another E/I to fix my perks!!! :-) But that would generate a 3rd set of Solar Power Plant!!!! Yikes!!!! Not that I mind LOL, but that would screw up my game!!

@Joubarbe: Do we have a 5th perk at higher level of the Sanctuary?

medwed
xr

Post by medwed » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 18:58

Joubarbe wrote:You're right, I overlooked that. I'll change that.
Seems like i found a bug (if it is new to you). Sometimes the progress is above the shown project size (i made a screenshot where my first kyoto have 887,105 project size but progress is 950,168).

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 ... creenshots
Last edited by medwed on Sat, 9. Dec 17, 00:51, edited 2 times in total.

IceExplosive
x3ap

Fleet

Post by IceExplosive » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 19:42

Hello,
I was wandering about first small fleet and I'm looking for a little tip.

I want to start with few M3 ships to help me in fight and wander if it's better to pick up something strong with up to 200MJ shields and lots of laser or maybe something quick with double the speed... like Goner's Spitfire or ATF's Fenrir... with only 75-100 shields.
Sure with that speed they'll be little harder to hit, but is it worth it?

Am really slow player to waste too much money for a blind try of both. :)

Sirrobert
x3ap

Re: Fleet

Post by Sirrobert » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 19:43

IceExplosive wrote:Hello,
I was wandering about first small fleet and I'm looking for a little tip.

I want to start with few M3 ships to help me in fight and wander if it's better to pick up something strong with up to 200MJ shields and lots of laser or maybe something quick with double the speed... like Goner's Spitfire or ATF's Fenrir... with only 75-100 shields.
Sure with that speed they'll be little harder to hit, but is it worth it?

Am really slow player to waste too much money for a blind try of both. :)
Go for what's cheap.
5 fighters with 8 guns beats 4 fighters with 12 guns.

IceExplosive
x3ap

Post by IceExplosive » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 20:02

Well... right, simple and effective. :-D

Shepp
x3ap

Post by Shepp » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 23:16

Has anyone tried this with the patch that Egosoft put out yesterday?

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 23:25

IceExplosive wrote:Well... right, simple and effective. :-D
If anything, I'm probably going to start with M4s
Personally, if I fly in my M6 and I get caught by an angry cloud of fighters, I don't really care if they are M3 or M4. They have me for breakfast regardless.

IMO, it's funny how vanilla X3 has conditioned me to scoff at fighter clouds. Without Bounce, they are utterly unimpressive, because they'll just crash into whatever, or spent forever dodging eachother. But a fighter cloud not piloted by the Autopillock, and Bounce helps with that, is truly terrifying.
Even after years of playing only LU, I still get caught by surprise by how fast I suddenly die from superior numbers.

myrmidon
x3tc

Post by myrmidon » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 05:07

Whoa...I go bury myself in a new job in real life (since the wonderful grand old days of Mayhem v2.1.3) and come back up for air today and take a peek and lo...

...the whole Mayhem universe has changed! Whole new game. UTs squee!

Ahem. Actually I just wanted to (also) ask: has anyone found the new X3TC patch from EgoSoft safe to play with Mayhem v2.2.0? I've got a circa 2008 pc build that tends to lag in multi-carrier in-system battles.

I aint touching my (copy of copy of) Mayhem install until someone tells me the water is not harboring an OCV R :)

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 06:31

It's safe. FYI I'm still running 3.1 because all the recent patches are quite useless for PC LU users.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”