[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

IceExplosive
x3ap

Re: Fleet

Post by IceExplosive » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 20:02

Well... right, simple and effective. :-D

Shepp
x3ap

Post by Shepp » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 23:16

Has anyone tried this with the patch that Egosoft put out yesterday?

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 23:25

IceExplosive wrote:Well... right, simple and effective. :-D
If anything, I'm probably going to start with M4s
Personally, if I fly in my M6 and I get caught by an angry cloud of fighters, I don't really care if they are M3 or M4. They have me for breakfast regardless.

IMO, it's funny how vanilla X3 has conditioned me to scoff at fighter clouds. Without Bounce, they are utterly unimpressive, because they'll just crash into whatever, or spent forever dodging eachother. But a fighter cloud not piloted by the Autopillock, and Bounce helps with that, is truly terrifying.
Even after years of playing only LU, I still get caught by surprise by how fast I suddenly die from superior numbers.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

myrmidon
x3tc

Post by myrmidon » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 05:07

Whoa...I go bury myself in a new job in real life (since the wonderful grand old days of Mayhem v2.1.3) and come back up for air today and take a peek and lo...

...the whole Mayhem universe has changed! Whole new game. UTs squee!

Ahem. Actually I just wanted to (also) ask: has anyone found the new X3TC patch from EgoSoft safe to play with Mayhem v2.2.0? I've got a circa 2008 pc build that tends to lag in multi-carrier in-system battles.

I aint touching my (copy of copy of) Mayhem install until someone tells me the water is not harboring an OCV R :)

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 06:31

It's safe. FYI I'm still running 3.1 because all the recent patches are quite useless for PC LU users.

IceExplosive
x3ap

Post by IceExplosive » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 09:30

Just little info, although I do believe I've already seen it there. Just a while ago Xenons took over Goner's sector Sanctuary of Darkness in my game.

Or should it be protected only against commonwealth?
It's not such a big problem, but it does kind of look weird to have xenons in that part. :)

(Keep satellite / ship in there if you want to protect them).

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 11:01

That's part of the "Goners story".

IceExplosive
x3ap

Post by IceExplosive » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 11:38

Ouh ok, my bad... And I was wandering when I get past wandering Rangers. :-D

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 11:41

I set my Rangers to scan asteroids. Perfect way to get them to wander all over the place.

Except the trade lanes... Should have been more specific guys.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 13:39

IceExplosive wrote:I want to start with few M3 ships to help me in fight and wander if it's better to pick up something strong with up to 200MJ shields and lots of laser or maybe something quick with double the speed... like Goner's Spitfire or ATF's Fenrir... with only 75-100 shields.
Sure with that speed they'll be little harder to hit, but is it worth it?
From my experience its the smaller silhouette that keeps them from harm, not the speed. And extra speed costs more resources.
I'm pretty early in the game at 22h and actually try to recapture Sanctuary of Darkness at the moment using Falcon Sentinels with IREs (cheapest laser) for the first time. Some guy recommended this a while ago in 2.13. The weapons have always been the biggest expense for me and therefore i wanted to prevent losses at all costs. But these dudes are dirt cheap now (under 1 million if you buy everything i think). It was pretty easy to build 42 of them up until now and loop producing them also hasn't really drained the bank either (you can almost balance out the expenses with standart grade loot).
I destroyed a small fighter wing with a P and 2 Qs with them at 3 losses. They can carry their own jump fuel due to the small weaopon size. Refueling them is expensive though as i don't have access to carriers yet and they can only carry fuel for 35 jumps. The big advantage is that they have strong shields and enemy hits spread out ineffectively at many targets.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 13:54

*wonder

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 15:38

Question: I got the message that the OCV is coming in 4 hours (Damn, that's a long warning. Was already prepping for them to come NOW), with information about their fleet setup.

So what happens if you take another sector (increase threat) after that warning? Does the OCV fleet update, or stay the same?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 15:49

Sirrobert wrote:Question: I got the message that the OCV is coming in 4 hours (Damn, that's a long warning. Was already prepping for them to come NOW), with information about their fleet setup.

So what happens if you take another sector (increase threat) after that warning? Does the OCV fleet update, or stay the same?
They update.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 16:34

Thanks. Then I made the right call.
Unfortunately they decided to make a house-call in the sector without OWB, so made the wrong call there, but I'm pretty sure I can still beat them. It'll probably be expensive though. :roll:

I like the tension that I'm building towards.

IceExplosive
x3ap

Post by IceExplosive » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 19:04

Joubarbe wrote:That's part of the "Goners story".
Right... If I would wait for about 5 more seconds I would get the message... I was just like 'ok, I'll reload and try to defend them, when I get back to game' and quit... :-D

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 21:30

2 questions:

1. Do "strong OCV bait" and "weak OCV bait" stack, and is it guaranteed that the OCV attack only 1 sector instead of randomly choosing one of yours?
2. If kha'ak ships are scannable, why not make the PBC buildable?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 22:00

OCV bait perks do not stack.

Khaak ships should not be scannable. That's a bug, they are not even meant to be played.

Ommadawn
x4

Post by Ommadawn » Sun, 10. Dec 17, 10:18

What does the extra engine tuning perk do?
Does it add speed beyond the maximum of normal max tuning?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 10. Dec 17, 10:38

Ommadawn wrote:What does the extra engine tuning perk do?
Does it add speed beyond the maximum of normal max tuning?
Yep, 1 point. The amount of speed added depends on the ship.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sun, 10. Dec 17, 12:35

MLCC docks seem to have their own perks, which I guess is a carry over from them burrowing the same system as sanctuaries.
It's a little silly though, as most of the perks do literally nothing (since the other menus that they activate aren't there), but there is also the E-cell self production perk, which would probably work and turn an MLCC dock into a power plant, effectively giving a free perk slot.

And it seems that the MLCC dock shares the same level (for perk unlocks) as the sanctuary of the sector it is in.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”