[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 16. May 18, 11:56

Well that's how the template system works... It creates a template from a ship model; so no, you cannot remove equipment.

ProgenitorRhal

Post by ProgenitorRhal » Thu, 17. May 18, 00:27

I get the impression I am doing something wrong, so I hesitate to ask out of fear of wasting peoples time.

I have followed the install directions for LU and Mayhem to the letter and am using GOG terran war pack v 3.4 (current).

When I load up a new game, normal start, mayhem initializes just fine, i select no to beta asteroids but only the paranids in the starting corridor have shipyards and they are all empty, like nothing in them, no stations no ships, nothing red, only an option to upgrade my current ship.

I Thought this might just be a newb area thing so I cheated to bug test and discovered the universe, added adv sats and tried trading with various other shipyards outside of the noob are, they were all empty as well.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 17. May 18, 08:19

Nothing's wrong in your install. Shipyards do not sell stations and ships in Mayhem. You have to craft them inside your sanctuaries. Please refer to the in-game documentation (in the encyclopedia) to know more.

Lucassl
x4

Post by Lucassl » Thu, 17. May 18, 12:14

I have found some minor "bug"
I am playing the intruder start, so there is no possibility to buy or equip jumpdrive, but some commands like dock agents makes some ships take energy to supply his jumpdrive, so all my traders got 500 energy cells all the time

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 17. May 18, 19:09

Indeed, they resupply even if they don't have a jumpdrive installed. Will be fixed.

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Sat, 19. May 18, 16:27

Hi everyone!

For my new start I wanted to make OCV ships accessable (through boarding). Where is that thing hidden? TShips doesn't have any of that D:

While studying this I downloaded TShips from LU official site (the one with "more aggressive OCV"), I wanted to compare the one from Mayhem with the LU version. Still couldn't find anything related to aggressiveness.

Are there hidden parameters? I was using T-file editor in X3 editor 2.

P.S I know OCV are not supposed to be captured, I just wanted to add something else to board :)

Also, I mentioned aggressiveness, but my goal is to get rid of boarding restriction. Used it as an example of something not listed among other stuff (speed / acceleration / etc.).

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 19. May 18, 18:27

Mayhem is mainly about scripts. The one you're looking for is "Mayhem.Monitor.InvasionOCV.xml", subroutine "CreateOCVShip".

Then you have the following lines:

Code: Select all

$ship-> set bailing disabled on ship: disabled= [TRUE]
$ship-> set boarding disabled on ship: disabled= [TRUE]

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Sat, 19. May 18, 18:52

Joubarbe wrote:Mayhem is mainly about scripts. The one you're looking for is "Mayhem.Monitor.InvasionOCV.xml", subroutine "CreateOCVShip".

Thank you very much :)

Dr2i

Post by Dr2i » Mon, 21. May 18, 09:16

Once a race declares an invasion against a player owned sector, do they ever stop? Or do they keep on invading until the player loses that sector?

The split seem to be overly aggressive against my albion beta.
I'm naturally unfriendly sometimes. Don't take what I say too badly.

Ophidian

Post by Ophidian » Mon, 21. May 18, 13:38

Joubarbe wrote:Mayhem is mainly about scripts. The one you're looking for is "Mayhem.Monitor.InvasionOCV.xml", subroutine "CreateOCVShip".

Is there a modification to a script that will enable researching those ships?

I remember a bug was fixed that prevented you from recycling your basic OCV ship to build more.

People won't be able to make their weapons though... If I remember right they can equip normal weapons.

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Mon, 21. May 18, 19:58

Dr2i wrote:Once a race declares an invasion against a player owned sector, do they ever stop? Or do they keep on invading until the player loses that sector?

The split seem to be overly aggressive against my albion beta.
The Ministry of War will say that that race is still attacking your sector. Could be a bug, because I've stopped NPC invasions completely in my sector long before and it still shows.

What really happens is that they'll keep invading until either:
a. You lose the sector.
b. You kill the invasion fleet, its home shipyard, and have either you or someone else take over their sector next to yours.

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Tue, 22. May 18, 14:21

Generated asteroids yesterday, ran into an issue: Ocean of Fantasy had a huge pile of debris in one spot on the map, literally inside each other.
I don't know the exact number, but it was high enough to drop my fps to 5-10 at best (no SETA).
Fixable?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 22. May 18, 18:02

What the asteroid generator does is that it makes a list of coordinates of all debris and asteroids, sector by sector. Then it destroys everything, and recreates the same patterns in random sectors. That's really procedural.

So no, I don't think I can fix that, because I really don't know why all debris would be at the same spot, as it is never the case in the vanilla universe.

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Wed, 23. May 18, 09:05

Joubarbe wrote:What the asteroid generator does is that it makes a list of coordinates of all debris and asteroids, sector by sector. Then it destroys everything, and recreates the same patterns in random sectors. That's really procedural.

So no, I don't think I can fix that, because I really don't know why all debris would be at the same spot, as it is never the case in the vanilla universe.
I can find the save if you're interested, it's still here somewhere.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 23. May 18, 10:20

I'm not :)

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Wed, 23. May 18, 16:57

Joubarbe wrote:I'm not :)
ALLRIGHT :D

zinlakin
x3tc

From Scratch Start Issue

Post by zinlakin » Thu, 24. May 18, 02:35

Anyone know if the from scratch start is currently bugged? When I start a new game with it, it loads in briefly, the ship zones in to some sector and then the game hangs on the "Mayhem Initializing" message and the "entering sector" audio looping. The regular start works fine. I ran through it just to see the tutorial messages.

I also tried the vagrant start (same as From Scratch, but with no OCV) and the same thing happened. I have tried uninstalling X3AP, LCU, and Mayhem and doing a fresh install with no other mods and still had no luck.

Fureimuu
x3ap

Re: From Scratch Start Issue

Post by Fureimuu » Thu, 24. May 18, 07:11

zinlakin wrote:Anyone know if the from scratch start is currently bugged? When I start a new game with it, it loads in briefly, the ship zones in to some sector and then the game hangs on the "Mayhem Initializing" message and the "entering sector" audio looping. The regular start works fine. I ran through it just to see the tutorial messages.

I also tried the vagrant start (same as From Scratch, but with no OCV) and the same thing happened. I have tried uninstalling X3AP, LCU, and Mayhem and doing a fresh install with no other mods and still had no luck.
Works fine for me. Have you edited any scripts?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 24. May 18, 08:01

Did you rename .cat/.dat in X3/addon/ ?

Dr2i

Post by Dr2i » Thu, 24. May 18, 08:57

Betelgeuse97 wrote: The Ministry of War will say that that race is still attacking your sector. Could be a bug, because I've stopped NPC invasions completely in my sector long before and it still shows.

What really happens is that they'll keep invading until either:
a. You lose the sector.
b. You kill the invasion fleet, its home shipyard, and have either you or someone else take over their sector next to yours.
Indeed. I was experiencing this in my current game until it became too tedious to just defend the sector again and again.
Note that my only mean of defence was a large orbital weapons plateform since I did not have any means of producing ships yet. I also did not have the firepower to attack the split shipyard/adjacent sector.

What this means for me is that the game forces you to do the things below:

1.Befriend all the races that are adjacent to you (If you don't have the firepower to defend then attack)

2.If you are a rogue (for exemple), only claim sectors once you have enough firepower to defend and to attack.

3.Only claim sectors that are in a line. (I can't imagine having constant invasions against several sectors)

Joubarbe,

Why not introduce a war score for the player like other races? If the player keeps winning, at some point he gets victory in that conflict and the race can try another time.
I'm naturally unfriendly sometimes. Don't take what I say too badly.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”