[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Shuulo
x4

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.9.13

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 4. Nov 19, 15:23

hey Panda,
How difficult it is to add new ships to mayhem? lets say if I would like to port Star Wars mod to work with mayhem to capture the galaxy as the Emperor?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 4. Nov 19, 17:50

I'd say you're not the only one having this idea.

Munimentum
x4

Post by Munimentum » Tue, 5. Nov 19, 18:55

Is there a way to change the way MLCC docks name their ships? Or even to stop them automatically doing it?

I want to have each fleet homebased to a particular Starliner dock and ideally have them named something like "1st Fleet M2 name" and "1st Fleet M7 name" with the Fleet leader named "1st Fleet Commander" or something like that rather than "Security #sector #number".

I'm guessing it's probably impossible to set something like this automatically and the numbers of these ships will be so low I don't mind renaming them manually so is there a way to stop the auto naming the docks do?

Also, I have a large number of M3 fighters currently docked at a McCallum dock which have been automatically renamed (100 of them). Is there a fast way to rename a large number of ships at once?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 6. Nov 19, 07:55

MLCC: not possible. But you have a global rename menu in your personal console.

Retrox
x4

Post by Retrox » Wed, 6. Nov 19, 10:35

Hey big panda,
I started a game some days ago with the newest version. Now (2 Ingamedays later), i need to fight with a rather heavy lag, when i use SETA 10, something that didnt happen in the last version i played (1.7.4 from end of 2018). I didnt even have such a lag, when I was a week in the game, where i conquered some sectors with my M2 fleet. Is there a solution, how i can minimise these lags? Did you add anything, that use much CPU in the last versions?
Intel i7 8700, Gtx 1070, 16gb RAM. I think i'm ready for X4. Bring it on, Egosoft!

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 6. Nov 19, 10:44

There are more pirates and xenons, but that shouldn't be that noticeable. Did you change anything on your side? Windows version maybe?
This game is laggy, I can only suggest installing the optional files that I put inside the Mayhem Graphics archive (No Trails, No Fog and No Particles).

Retrox
x4

Post by Retrox » Wed, 6. Nov 19, 10:56

I already put the no trails no particles cat/dat as the last one (e.g. 12.cat). I only have the regular windows 10 updates, so there should be nothing, that reduces it so significantly. My grafic card/cpu drivers are also up to date.
Could it be, that disabling the npc salvager could be a reason? There's rather much bailed ships/loot around in many sectors. Personally, i doubt, that it does much to the cpu.
Intel i7 8700, Gtx 1070, 16gb RAM. I think i'm ready for X4. Bring it on, Egosoft!

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 6. Nov 19, 12:16

I doubt it, but lags in X3 are not something you can just guess magically. This is a very complex subject, and I don't see any good obvious reason for sudden lags from 1.7.4 to now. I know that some players (even outside of Mayhem) reported that at some point, the game was very laggy and SETA x10 was as effective as SETA x1 (more of an overload than a true lag I suppose).

Dragofer
x3ap

Post by Dragofer » Thu, 7. Nov 19, 12:40

Reporting back again. I was the one who observed a lack of energy cells, restarted the game and this time around the unknown sectors must have been chosen somewhat better because the economy seemed considerably more balanced. No matter though, because this time my interaction with the economy was minimal: little beyond some initial trading for ore and teladianium to boost my expansion.

This round has gone very well, with multiple fleets of Exterminators, C's and huge Argon fighter clouds led by Xenon Z's, built by 2 shipyards round the clock. Even got myself a personal Z that follows me around wherever I go, wreaking havoc while I'm parked in the middle of a trading lane sorting empire business. Roleplay-wise I'd imagine being a little queasy about relying that much on Xenon ships, who knows whether the Sohnen managed to reprogram them 100% reliably to exclude the possibility of them turning. Especially if fighting the OCV.

My first priority was to unify the Omicron channel under my name. Most of the AI sectors were held by the expansionist Split, who are now my permanent enemy, and I used my ascension reward to make my allies the Paranids give me the 1 remaining sector in the channel. Got a quiet area of the galaxy to myself, guarded at the entrance by a strong force of OWPs and frigates. Strangely enough those are mostly occupied with shooting down an endless stream of Split traders, even though there's nothing for them to come for in my channel.

With my burgeoning fleets I then decided to kick out the Split from this cluster. The first 2 battles were intense, with the Split fielding a total of 6 Ocelots, but fortunately Exterminators and Z's really punch above their weight (both caused heavy losses to acquire scans from). After those initial battles the huge Split empire seemed to crumple, its many neighbours beginning to take sectors from all sides, and I rarely encountered more than a few frigates after that. I pushed them back at a great pace, unclaiming most sectors and claiming those which block access of Split or other races to the unclaimed sectors.

It wasn't long before I became neighbours with a string of 6 Xenon Core sectors, pouring endless swarms of Xenon into my new territory. The battles in those core sectors were the most epic I've ever experienced in X3. After my Split conquests I thought I had reached the point with my fleet where I'd steamroll the universe (like in the Total War series), but in these sectors I was met with a force to rival all my fleets combined, and all the time more Xenon Z's, I's, K's, J's, C's, Q's and their fighter complements would jump in through the gates. I had Exterminators emergency jumping left, right and centre, C's getting outright destroyed before they could even jump, fighter wings melting before my eyes, and I was beginning to doubt my victory. But my Z's remained steadfast and carried the day, becoming virtually the only remaining ships in the sector, all drained of their shields and capacitors. The shipyard was already almost destroyed in the heat of battle by stray shots and idle turrets.

In this state I realised I was due for an imminent OCV invasion (time flew by), for the first time with multiple M2s and a dozen M7s, as my threat has doubled in the past 24hrs. My damaged capships dragged themselves to my multiple repair shipyards, then jumped into Magnetar Zetar and in the last moment managed to assume the usual defence formation before the first 188m/s frigates had closed the distance: a broad front of capships ready to shoot down OCVs as they rush past. Now, if the OCVs had properly engaged my fleet in this state they could in all likelihood have taken the sector from me. But instead they seemed more interested in getting to my crystal fabs asap, so my fleet didn't have much of an issue shooting them down as they tried to break straight through my defensive wall. The M2s, now without any supporting ships, were no real problem either: if you've destroyed an Ocelot, an OCV M2 is just the same. Made me wish that past a certain threat level the OCV would act like an organised hostile fleet (ships staying and attacking together) engaging in a full on fleet battle instead of individual ships rushing for the stations.

Now comes the unfortunate turn of events that was my underlying motive for coming to the forums to post: in the ca 30mins I was occupied with the OCV, the Xenon have taken their sector back. Since I had only just destroyed & unclaimed their sector, I have to wait almost 6hrs before I can unclaim it again... so now I'm watching the Xenon rapidly spreading through the whole cluster that I had just freed from Split in the last few hrs, unable to do anything about it. The Split are also making a comeback: somehow they managed to skip my border sector to reclaim the unclaimed sector behind it, and are now spreading from there. This is without chaotic expansion.

Could I maybe suggest that the 6hr-rule is removed in cases where another race, or the race who owned the sector before you arrived, takes back an unclaimed sector? After all, you're pretty much back in the original situation again, just now with a 6hr block that in this case took the momentum out of my game and limits your ability to struggle with a hostile race for control over an area. But maybe you can tell that it was, regardless, a very, very enjoyable game that you made possible, Panda :)

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 7. Nov 19, 15:31

Thanks for the AAR! Always good to read.
As for your question, I don't understand why you unclaimed the sector in the first place? There is a warning message when you want to capture a sector, and I don't see the need for me to remove the 6hr safety (but I see possible exploits in doing so).

CannibalCrow
x3ap

Post by CannibalCrow » Thu, 7. Nov 19, 20:10

Hi! I've been loving the mod so far, but I've encountered an issue. Sorry if this has been answered before, I couldn't find the answer!

It seems that NPC traders never seem to have any cargo? I've scanned dozens of transport ships, and none of them contain anything other than their basic equipment. I figured maybe it was a bug with the scanner and decided to blow them up, but still all I'm getting is the ship's equipment. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Retrox
x4

Post by Retrox » Fri, 8. Nov 19, 09:02

Hey big panda,
somehow my OWP moves away from the position, i put it in. In ~5h it moved ~1km. I assume, that firing weapons, being hit by missiles or beeing hit by a ship could be the reason. How can i move it back?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 8. Nov 19, 11:33

@CannibalCrow: vanilla scripts are not very effective. Traders strongly depend on random station generation (which I call "Autopopulate"). Nothing to "fix" really.

@Retrox: You cannot reposition OWPs in Mayhem anymore, so apart from destroying and rebuilding (additional menu -> auto-destruction), there's nothing you can do.

Retrox
x4

Post by Retrox » Sat, 9. Nov 19, 09:56

Hello Everyone,
I started a new game and my problem with having almost no SETA acceleration is gone now (hopefully for good). I assume that somehow my save was corrupted. I also have a little question: Why does my reputation goes to the drain so fast, when i did'nt attack any ship of that faction? First my split-reputation was going down from 5 ->-2 in one hit (and that repeatedly, as i put it up to 0 again) and now the same from the argons (6->5, 5 minutes later 5->-2).

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 9. Nov 19, 11:14

-4 < -100000
-3 < -10000 . . .Attacked on sight in border sectors
-2 < -1000 . . .Attacked on sight in core sectors
-1 < -100
0 < -10 . . .Docking granted in border sectors
1 . . . . . . . Docking granted in core sectors
2 > 10
3 > 40
4 > 100
5 > 400
6 > 1000
7 > 3000
8 > 10000
9 > 30000
10 > 100000
11 > 350000

0 to 5 has very low values, hence the high impact. Shooting at other ships has consequences...

Retrox
x4

Post by Retrox » Sat, 9. Nov 19, 12:18

Joubarbe,
i did'nt shoot, ram or harm them otherwise. Its just that i dont know WHY the reputation goes down. In the global settings, i put them both on friendly, so my AI ships should'nt harm them. I was in a neutral sector at that time.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 9. Nov 19, 12:38

Ways of the Lord...

Munimentum
x4

Post by Munimentum » Sat, 9. Nov 19, 17:40

Joubarbe wrote:
Wed, 6. Nov 19, 07:55
MLCC: not possible. But you have a global rename menu in your personal console.
I gave the global rename menu a shot as I had ignored it before now since it looked quite complicated. In fact it is insanely good for renaming a lot of stuff quickly. Thanks for that.

However I'm still having the issue where if I rename ships that are docked to a Mccallum/Starliner dock, they get auto renamed back to "sector security #".

Is there a way to prevent this/turn this feature off? Or is the solution to not homebase stuff to them/not homebase fleets at all?

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sat, 9. Nov 19, 19:13

Those docks seem to be the only way to use MLCC in Mayhem. In LU you could install the system on any dock. Now they have it preinstalled and always feature this renaming scheme.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 9. Nov 19, 19:21

You could avoid the automatic renaming in LU?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”