[X3LU] Revelation Plus 1.06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Wanabe
x4

[X3LU] Revelation Plus 1.06

Post by Wanabe » Tue, 15. Sep 15, 03:56

Revelation Plus

Revelation Plus is intended to restore the threat of Revelation back to levels similar to prior to LU1.3.7 or so while also tinkering with some odds and ends to make it more capable in some areas.

Very Brief Features:

OCV effectively advances faster and is a larger threat to the universe. They can get to Bluish snout within 4-5 in-game days (like the wiki says)

OCV freighters can divert to the HQ if the previous station in the logistics chain needs to build a ship or wants to invade a nearby sector. This means all OCV sectors fully build up their defences and allows OCV to spread in all directions simultaneously

OCV defensive behaviour altered to be similar to Memeics Patrol groups. In addition, one M2 will stay close to the station

OCV can escalate and become more capable as they lose more sectors or fail attacks on sectors

Various optimizations to OCV scripts

Download Links:

Zip Archive (Mediafire):

Full Changelog (Mediafire):

Previous versions (for LU 1.5.2):

Version 1.05
Version 1.02
Version 1.01
Version 1

Notes:

When installing this with any other mods that modify Revelation script files make sure this is installed last, overriding any files. This must be done to prevent any possible bugs such as for example complete game freezes.

If already using Memeics Patrol tweaks on an existing game this mod will eventually take over the patrols but they are essentially incompatible as they override the same file. Nothing dramatically wrong should occur, however.

Starting a new game is recommended though not required for the changes to take full effect. To clarify: this is designed to be able to update anything necessary for the game when loading from an older Revelation version and should run as intended without doing anything special for the installation. Make a backup of your savegames prior to using this on an existing game just in case.

Installation:

This comes with a .dat and .cat file which can optionally (though recommended) be installed as a fake patch. Rename both the .cat and .dat file to the highest number cat/dat name found in x3tc/addon. This will alter the OCV freighters cargo space (80 instead of 62) which is important for their resource chain. This .cat/.dat file is based on 1.6.1 of LU. If there are any updates to Litcube's Universe which alters ship statistics (specifically TShips.txt) this .cat/.dat would override those changes. In that event disregard this .cat/.dat file and either play without the cargo tweak or learn about X3 Editor 2 and implement the change yourself.

There are some extra values added to the (currently English only) T file. If the values aren't found (non English players) the default values will be loaded from the relevant scripts. Added values to the 8385 (Revelation T file):
10 – Text for OCV reinforcing a sector
11 – Text for OCV invading a sector via jump drive
300 – Tick delay minimum for race insurgents
301 – Tick delay maximum for race insurgents
302 - Minimum resources generated at HQ
303 – Maximum resources generated at HQ
310 – Resource requirements for invasion
311 – Resource cost for M2 revelation ships
312 – Resource cost for M7 revelation ships
313 – Resource cost for M6 revelation ships
313 – Resource cost for M4 revelation ships
320 - Tick delay minimum for OCV lowering its escalation level
321 - Tick delay maximum for OCV lowering its escalation level
322 - Extra resource generation per escalation level
323 - OCV time delay between checking to see if it's allowed to attack from its HQ
324 - OCV extra freighters per escalation level
325 – OCV extra station starting resources per escalation level

Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Sun, 22. Oct 23, 12:57, edited 16 times in total.
Reason: fixed download link display

Wanabe
x4

Post by Wanabe » Tue, 15. Sep 15, 03:56

Version 1.06 - 6th February, 2016

Compatibility with LU 1.6.1
OCV invasion M2 focus on closest station rather than random stations if the OCV escalation level is above 0

Version 1.05 - 4th January, 2016

Newly constructed OCV stations now start with the maximum bonus shield from their escalation level
Changes to file package, OCV properly exports/imports resources and Memeics libraries from “Better capital ship attack runs” and “Better MLCC Assist Jump Positioning” no longer located in scripts folder by default to ensure better compatibility

Version 1.04 - 31st December, 2015

Fixed: OCV freighters would not drop off wares properly if they were not the stations lowest current resource

Version 1.03 - 17th December, 2015

OCV takes a longer period of time to decrease its global escalation level
OCV positioning when jumping ships back to their station has been improved
Fixed: OCV less prone to getting into situations where it is ready to invade a sector but has ships in the sector that are still trying to invade the already owned OCV sector, causing OCV to think an invasion is already in progress and stalling its progress

OCV global Escalation level now saved when exporting
Included in package a slightly modified Z.EmpireCopy.Export script. If using LU 1.5.2 with standard Export/Import V 2.2.0 this file can be placed into the scripts folder if planning on doing an export, will save the modified resources in OCV stations correctly.

Version 1.02 - 5th December, 2015

OCV newly constructed stations can start with resources, dependent on current OCV escalation level
OCV launched fighters prioritize targeting enemy fighters if the sector they are in is active (player presence)
OCV is significantly more likely to send reinforcements to its sectors if it has no defense forces remaining
Volunteer ships are now restricted to those that are at a neutral or better standing to the owner race (mainly useful when other mods mess with the race relationships)
Fixed: Revelation intro text was referring to sector “null”

Version 1.01 - 29th September, 2015

OCV missile fire rate reduced
OCV stations that are attacked and damaged are now capable of signalling their ships in the sector to jump back to the station. This scales with OCV escalation level

Version 1 - 15th September, 2015

Initial Release (changelog included in package)
Last edited by Wanabe on Sat, 6. Feb 16, 01:00, edited 11 times in total.

Shomey
x4

Post by Shomey » Tue, 15. Sep 15, 18:16

Great, this is what I was looking for, an OCV back to the old settings. If I understand correctly they are even better since they spread to multiple directions at the same time?
This comes with a .dat and .cat file which can be installed as a fake patch. Rename both the .cat and .dat file to the highest number cat/dat
name found in x3tc/addon. This will alter the OCV freighters cargo space (80 instead of 62) which is important for their resource chain.
This optional? If I increase this number will it improve the OCV even more?

I'm about 5-6days in my current game, if I enable now, will the OCV be reset or continue from the current progress?

Thanks for this!

Wanabe
x4

Post by Wanabe » Wed, 16. Sep 15, 00:04

Shomey wrote:Great, this is what I was looking for, an OCV back to the old settings. If I understand correctly they are even better since they spread to multiple directions at the same time?
This comes with a .dat and .cat file which can be installed as a fake patch. Rename both the .cat and .dat file to the highest number cat/dat
name found in x3tc/addon. This will alter the OCV freighters cargo space (80 instead of 62) which is important for their resource chain.
This optional? If I increase this number will it improve the OCV even more?

I'm about 5-6days in my current game, if I enable now, will the OCV be reset or continue from the current progress?

Thanks for this!
It's probably overall better as I've fixed a few issues with them completely stalling out in certain circumstances aswell. I think it's expansion rate may not *quite* be as fast as it used to in the older versions of LU but it's been a long time so I'm not 100% on that. The .cat/.dat file is optional, though with the increased freighter cargo space they'll be noticeably faster at expanding than without but the resource costs for their ships and invasions is lower anyway so they'll still be faster at invading. If the freighter cargo amount is increased further it may help the OCV. In making this I found that their primary bottleneck was in transporting the resources.

I did test this on an old game without this installed and it seems to update everything needed for it to work fine on an old game.

artisauce
x3fl

Post by artisauce » Wed, 16. Sep 15, 00:56

Is this compatible with [X3LU] Small Improvements and Fixes Revelation Patrol Groups? The patch will likely overwrite everything anyways, but just wondering.

On the other hand, this looks nifty. This, along with Phanon Plus, should probably make LU as hard as it should be.

Wanabe
x4

Post by Wanabe » Wed, 16. Sep 15, 01:54

artisauce wrote:Is this compatible with [X3LU] Small Improvements and Fixes Revelation Patrol Groups? The patch will likely overwrite everything anyways, but just wondering.
This is not compatible with the Patrol Groups mod by Memeics. It does already include something very very similar to the Patrol Groups though (it was my starting point for the patrol script)
artisauce wrote:On the other hand, this looks nifty. This, along with Phanon Plus, should probably make LU as hard as it should be.
Absolutely. The concept of having a couple of "real" enemies to fight in LU was one of the primary reasons why I started playing. The two mods together should provide a better overall challenge.

artisauce
x3fl

Post by artisauce » Wed, 16. Sep 15, 01:57

Wanabe wrote:
artisauce wrote:Is this compatible with [X3LU] Small Improvements and Fixes Revelation Patrol Groups? The patch will likely overwrite everything anyways, but just wondering.
This is not compatible with the Patrol Groups mod by Memeics. It does already include something very very similar to the Patrol Groups though (it was my starting point for the patrol script)
So do I manually uninstall the script somehow? Or do I reinstall LU entirely, and don't select the option when I install Small Fixes again?

Wanabe
x4

Post by Wanabe » Wed, 16. Sep 15, 02:09

artisauce wrote:So do I manually uninstall the script somehow? Or do I reinstall LU entirely, and don't select the option when I install Small Fixes again?
I don't believe you'll need to uninstall the script or reinstall LU. Just install Revelation Plus, overriding all files. Of course, it's a good measure to do backups just in case :wink:

It's probable that any of the ships following a bigger ship (from Patrol Groups) will still run the old Patrol Groups script for a while, maybe until they die even. It should be fine though.

artisauce
x3fl

Post by artisauce » Wed, 16. Sep 15, 02:13

Wanabe wrote:
artisauce wrote:So do I manually uninstall the script somehow? Or do I reinstall LU entirely, and don't select the option when I install Small Fixes again?
I don't believe you'll need to uninstall the script or reinstall LU. Just install Revelation Plus, overriding all files. Of course, it's a good measure to do backups just in case :wink:

It's probable that any of the ships following a bigger ship (from Patrol Groups) will still run the old Patrol Groups script for a while, maybe until they die even. It should be fine though.
You should probably mention in the OP that it isn't compatible. I'll be starting a new game soon anyways, so I might as well try and track the script down.

Edit: Too be clear, the Small Fixes script will disable itself if I have this installed on a new game?

Wanabe
x4

Post by Wanabe » Wed, 16. Sep 15, 02:21

artisauce wrote:You should probably mention in the OP that it isn't compatible. I'll be starting a new game soon anyways, so I might as well try and track the script down.

Edit: Too be clear, the Small Fixes script will disable itself if I have this installed on a new game?
Yeah you're right, I should absolutely do that.

If installed on an existing game, the small fixes script will basically phase itself out. If installed on a very brand new game starting with this mod from the beginning then it'll run the newest scripts from this mod.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Wed, 16. Sep 15, 02:21

Speaking about that:
OCV defensive behaviour altered to be similar to Memeics Patrol groups. In addition, one M2 will stay close to the station
May look at your script/use it for inspiration (maybe even copy parts of it) to add "one M2 will stay close to station" behavior to my script? I always wanted to have that behavior but never got around to do it and it seems rather pointless to re-implement something from scratch if you already did (and tested this). The more testing the better! :)

Of course I would credit you in the README of that change but if you don't want me to use anything from your scripts I'll respect your wish of course.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

artisauce
x3fl

Post by artisauce » Wed, 16. Sep 15, 02:27

memeics wrote:Speaking about that:
May look at your script/use it for inspiration (maybe even copy parts of it) to add "one M2 will stay close to station" behavior to my script? I always wanted to have that behavior but never got around to do it and it seems rather pointless to re-implement something from scratch if you already did (and tested this). The more testing the better! :)

Of course I would credit you in the README of that change but if you don't want me to use anything from your scripts I'll respect your wish of course.
Or perhaps the fleet should be able to jump closer to the center when crap hits the fan :roll: (station gettting hit with missiles, etc.) It can't be that neither Xenon nor OCV know how to jumpdrive.

On topic of that, are Xenon and OCV hostile towards each other? What a battle that would be...

Wanabe
x4

Post by Wanabe » Wed, 16. Sep 15, 02:40

memeics wrote:Speaking about that:

Absolutely. Feel free to observe first in game of course to make sure it works close to how you would like. You may want to edit the al.Revelation.Lib.FindEnemy file, under the "patrol/station" type set "Class.Type" to moveable ship so your satellites are less likely to die for observation purposes.

Anything I have released so far can be manipulated in anyway that anyone sees fit. I also agree that it is wise to reuse well-tested stuff (hopefully my "stuff" is well tested) instead of reinventing something and re-testing it...so much time saved that way :). It would also be hilariously hypocritical if I refused such a request considering I use a couple of your scripts in Phanon Plus and this :lol: (thanks, for that by the way)
artisauce wrote:Or perhaps the fleet should be able to jump closer to the center when crap hits the fan :roll: (station gettting hit with missiles, etc.) It can't be that neither Xenon nor OCV know how to jumpdrive.

On topic of that, are Xenon and OCV hostile towards each other? What a battle that would be...
This idea of them jumping closer to their station is definitely something that can be scripted. In my mod though I've increased the shielding of the stations which I suppose is a bit of a band-aid but I haven't actually tried to blitz them yet using MLCC. Destroying the station in order to cripple the OCV is a valid strategy in the vanilla system so I'd like to try to keep that the case if possible.

The OCV are hostile towards everyone else, including Phanon.

THE_WESTi
x3ap

Post by THE_WESTi » Wed, 16. Sep 15, 03:58

Im still a while from attacking the OCV in much force but they are definitely not spreading as fast as they should as I don't need too much longer and I will have a relatively strong fleet so this script sounds perfect. Will look to install this tomorrow night when I get a chance and will monitor how the OCV go with it. Cheers!

Wanabe
x4

Post by Wanabe » Tue, 29. Sep 15, 13:05

V1.01 released.

I did some testing with drawing off the OCV forces and trying to blitz their stations. I found that the increased shielding wasn't enough when faced with such might so I did end up making it possible for the OCV to have ships jump back to the station. This doesn't prevent the tactic and they don't always react to it in a timely fashion but it does appear to make the assault more difficult when they do this.

Also, thanks Memeics for "Lib.Gen.CircleCoordinates" :D. [edit]and of course thanks for the MLCC better assist positioning tweaks which the above alteration to OCV makes heavy use of the same exact math etc.[/edit]
Last edited by Wanabe on Wed, 30. Sep 15, 02:44, edited 1 time in total.

artisauce
x3fl

Post by artisauce » Tue, 29. Sep 15, 23:33

Yaay. I barely made it through Phanon [Plus] defences when I decided that their attack on my home sector was a demand for war. Replaced my 3 Auster with 3 Austreuses, took out their HQ. On generation 3. OCV must be really hell. Just hit my fifth day, they already conquered ocean of fantasy.

I can just stick it right in, right? Do I have to reinstall?

Wanabe
x4

Post by Wanabe » Wed, 30. Sep 15, 02:42

artisauce wrote:Yaay. I barely made it through Phanon [Plus] defences when I decided that their attack on my home sector was a demand for war. Replaced my 3 Auster with 3 Austreuses, took out their HQ. On generation 3. OCV must be really hell. Just hit my fifth day, they already conquered ocean of fantasy.

I can just stick it right in, right? Do I have to reinstall?
I do enjoy reading about the adventures people are having with Phanon Plus. Very happy that Phanon can put up a fight now :)

You should start to notice soon in your game the OCV expansion rate will slow down dramatically. This happens because they end up splitting the resources in multiple directions and also because all the various JOBS ships like traders and security ships are still trying to get to their original sector and they tend to kill the odd OCV fighter which slows them down quite a bit too.

The 1.01 update can be installed directly over the previous version. Only the T file and Scripts need to be applied, don't worry about the .Cat/.Dat file.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Sat, 28. Nov 15, 09:55

Wow awesome, didn't realize you were using the better positioning stuff for the OCV. I will likely use this (along with Phanon Plus which btw is a total blast, been testing for a 50+ hours game so far and never had so much tense fun before) to start a new long/complete LU playthrough stream. I have (hopefully) finally fixed the Freighter bug regression of my pack so will be using that too. Will try to get 20+ hours testing with your Revelation Plus and see how that works.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

ArcticPrism
x3ap

Post by ArcticPrism » Mon, 30. Nov 15, 15:43

I may have potentially found an exploit regarding the OCV. The OCV destroyed everything in the sector and claimed it as their own but their invasion only survived with a single T ship, which I dragged into my Laser Towers and got it destroyed. I noticed that the Deca Fade ships can never actually bring resources to the station due to the left over Laser Towers which means that the OCV can no longer progress if I purposely leave the station standing.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Mon, 30. Nov 15, 17:23

ArcticPrism wrote:I may have potentially found an exploit regarding the OCV. The OCV destroyed everything in the sector and claimed it as their own but their invasion only survived with a single T ship, which I dragged into my Laser Towers and got it destroyed. I noticed that the Deca Fade ships can never actually bring resources to the station due to the left over Laser Towers which means that the OCV can no longer progress if I purposely leave the station standing.
The NPC counterattacks might change that, though. Depends on what triggers it, if there is some kind of timer that runs until the OCV take the next sector, or if it's scripted to attack a certain number of times and then stop. If the NPC forces are on some sort of timer they will most likely move in sooner or later, kill the station since there is nothing to defend it, and by doing that, trigger another OCV invasion.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”