[X3LU] Revelation Plus 1.06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

artisauce
x3fl

Post by artisauce » Tue, 29. Sep 15, 23:33

Yaay. I barely made it through Phanon [Plus] defences when I decided that their attack on my home sector was a demand for war. Replaced my 3 Auster with 3 Austreuses, took out their HQ. On generation 3. OCV must be really hell. Just hit my fifth day, they already conquered ocean of fantasy.

I can just stick it right in, right? Do I have to reinstall?

Wanabe
x4

Post by Wanabe » Wed, 30. Sep 15, 02:42

artisauce wrote:Yaay. I barely made it through Phanon [Plus] defences when I decided that their attack on my home sector was a demand for war. Replaced my 3 Auster with 3 Austreuses, took out their HQ. On generation 3. OCV must be really hell. Just hit my fifth day, they already conquered ocean of fantasy.

I can just stick it right in, right? Do I have to reinstall?
I do enjoy reading about the adventures people are having with Phanon Plus. Very happy that Phanon can put up a fight now :)

You should start to notice soon in your game the OCV expansion rate will slow down dramatically. This happens because they end up splitting the resources in multiple directions and also because all the various JOBS ships like traders and security ships are still trying to get to their original sector and they tend to kill the odd OCV fighter which slows them down quite a bit too.

The 1.01 update can be installed directly over the previous version. Only the T file and Scripts need to be applied, don't worry about the .Cat/.Dat file.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Sat, 28. Nov 15, 09:55

Wow awesome, didn't realize you were using the better positioning stuff for the OCV. I will likely use this (along with Phanon Plus which btw is a total blast, been testing for a 50+ hours game so far and never had so much tense fun before) to start a new long/complete LU playthrough stream. I have (hopefully) finally fixed the Freighter bug regression of my pack so will be using that too. Will try to get 20+ hours testing with your Revelation Plus and see how that works.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

ArcticPrism
x3ap

Post by ArcticPrism » Mon, 30. Nov 15, 15:43

I may have potentially found an exploit regarding the OCV. The OCV destroyed everything in the sector and claimed it as their own but their invasion only survived with a single T ship, which I dragged into my Laser Towers and got it destroyed. I noticed that the Deca Fade ships can never actually bring resources to the station due to the left over Laser Towers which means that the OCV can no longer progress if I purposely leave the station standing.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Mon, 30. Nov 15, 17:23

ArcticPrism wrote:I may have potentially found an exploit regarding the OCV. The OCV destroyed everything in the sector and claimed it as their own but their invasion only survived with a single T ship, which I dragged into my Laser Towers and got it destroyed. I noticed that the Deca Fade ships can never actually bring resources to the station due to the left over Laser Towers which means that the OCV can no longer progress if I purposely leave the station standing.
The NPC counterattacks might change that, though. Depends on what triggers it, if there is some kind of timer that runs until the OCV take the next sector, or if it's scripted to attack a certain number of times and then stop. If the NPC forces are on some sort of timer they will most likely move in sooner or later, kill the station since there is nothing to defend it, and by doing that, trigger another OCV invasion.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Wanabe
x4

Post by Wanabe » Tue, 1. Dec 15, 03:19

memeics wrote:Wow awesome, didn't realize you were using the better positioning stuff for the OCV. I will likely use this (along with Phanon Plus which btw is a total blast, been testing for a 50+ hours game so far and never had so much tense fun before) to start a new long/complete LU playthrough stream. I have (hopefully) finally fixed the Freighter bug regression of my pack so will be using that too. Will try to get 20+ hours testing with your Revelation Plus and see how that works.
Absolutely, thought I'd make use of it since it's better than the normal MLCC random position style plus I'm rather poor at working out math problems ;-). Good on ya for probably fixing that freighter bug. Glad you're having fun with Phanon Plus and look forward to feedback on Rev+ aswell.

I haven't watched your first stream of playing through LU yet but I watched the two you did with the release of the GOG version, well done on that I thought you did a very good job of it.

@ArcticPrism

Good spotting. When I made this mod I also thought about a bunch of possible exploits and issues that would effectively stall OCV out for a time. That particular case of them running out of ships and the player leaving the station alone while killing their freighters is something that the OCV can deal with in this mod. OCV are capable of jumping in forces from another sector to reinforce the lost forces but they don't do this immediately and there can be quite a time delay before they do this, also dependent on how much excess resources they have built up.

Zaitsev is correct. If the OCV don't jump in reinforcements on their own eventually the commonwealth will attack and unless you stop them yourself they will destroy the OCV station.

ArcticPrism
x3ap

Post by ArcticPrism » Tue, 1. Dec 15, 14:45

The commonwealth has destroyed the stations but the same thing happens because the OCV ships try to ignore the laser towers and rush straight for the
stations. The M6/M7 ships get chewed up and afterwards the M2/M1 ships just hang out around the station as if the Laser Towers aren't there. I suppose eventually they would clear them out but it has taken about a day and a half for the OCV to invade again and normally they are relentless but my laser towers are still there at the gate.

Wanabe
x4

Post by Wanabe » Sat, 5. Dec 15, 08:50

V1.02 released.

I looked into the criteria required for OCV to reinforce its undefended sectors and found a couple of issues with it so I tweaked it a bunch to get something a lot better. It still doesn't react immediately though. It also scales in reaction time with its Escalation level.

The 1.02 update can be installed directly over the previous version. Only the T file and Scripts need to be applied, don't worry about the .Cat/.Dat file.

@ArcticPrism thanks for posting about your issue, hopefully this update makes it a little better. It may take a few game hours for it to start kicking in. I am also curious...how far have the Revelation gotten in your game?

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Sun, 6. Dec 15, 10:55

I've installed both Phanon Plus 4 and Revelation Plus 1.02 overwriting existing files. When I loaded a savegame I got a message about Phanon Plus update to v4 but nothing about Revelation Plus update. Just making sure this is working as intended, would hate to discover much later (when I actually find the OCV sectors) that they are dead in the water or something.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Wanabe
x4

Post by Wanabe » Sun, 6. Dec 15, 12:26

memeics wrote:I've installed both Phanon Plus 4 and Revelation Plus 1.02 overwriting existing files. When I loaded a savegame I got a message about Phanon Plus update to v4 but nothing about Revelation Plus update. Just making sure this is working as intended, would hate to discover much later (when I actually find the OCV sectors) that they are dead in the water or something.
Fair enough, that's actually fine. The reason Phanon Plus mentions the update in the game log but not Revelation Plus is because the "major version" changed in Phanon Plus from v3 to v4 but Revelation Plus did not have an increase like that. I have a script for both mods that checks the major version upon game start/load and if it's different to the last version active in the game it updates anything that it needs to for the different versions. In this case I changed the Phanon major version only because I wanted to make sure the HQ is able to store the Silver and Gold minerals which I forgot about when I originally set it up a while back (oops).

Wanabe
x4

Post by Wanabe » Mon, 4. Jan 16, 02:15

V1.05 released.

Download

Primarily an update to more properly conform to the LU export/import system and package changes to ensure better compatibility going forward with Memeics' work. If upgrading from previous version nothing special needs to be done but if doing a fresh install the first post has been slightly revised with important information.
Last edited by Wanabe on Mon, 29. Feb 16, 04:45, edited 2 times in total.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Mon, 4. Jan 16, 22:49

Requires “Small Improvements and Fixes” by Memeics installed prior to installing Revelation Plus. Specifically, “Better Capital Ship Attack Run” and “Better MLCC Assist Jump Positioning. If unable to install or acquire these mods, copy the scripts from the “revelation.plus.libraries” folder included with Revelation Plus to the scripts folder.
Oh oh... now there are scripts dependent on mine, need to be extra careful updating those :)

Speaking about that, could you provide a bit more detailed information how are they used/needed (ie basically define a contract that needs to hold between your scripts and mine) so that I know what can change and what should not. Thanks!
[ external image ]

Wanabe
x4

Post by Wanabe » Fri, 8. Jan 16, 03:10

memeics wrote:Oh oh... now there are scripts dependent on mine, need to be extra careful updating those :)

Speaking about that, could you provide a bit more detailed information how are they used/needed (ie basically define a contract that needs to hold between your scripts and mine) so that I know what can change and what should not. Thanks!
That's not a bad idea. I have actually been using some of your stuff for a little while now. The difference here is that I'm no longer including them as part of the scripts folder by default to perhaps prevent the possible situation where you update your libraries that are also used in my mods, possibly causing your libraries to be reverted to an earlier state depending on the install order. I have not yet changed the package for Phanon Plus though.

I use your MLCC positioning library to grab the pre-calculated positions for when OCV ships "jump" back to their station in order to defend it if they've been drawn off by the player. I also use it in Phanon Plus for positioning the laser towers around their stations. For this I'm using "Lib.Gen.CircleCoordinates" to grab the positions and then using that information almost the exact same way as you used in your Better MLCC Assist Jump Positioning modification.

I also use your move to position with time out library (used in Better Capital Ship Attack Run) for the ships that are patrolling around their sectors and I also use it for a couple of things in Phanon Plus such as the Mining TL and probably others. I make use of "Lib.Cmd.MoveToPosition" in my scripts, which also requires your "Lib.Gen.DelayedInterrupt" and "Lib.Gen.DelayedInterrupt.Task" to run.

If you would like I am happy to talk about it more via PM :)

Wanabe
x4

Post by Wanabe » Sat, 6. Feb 16, 01:02

Version 1.06 released with compatibility with LU 1.6.1.

myrmidon
x3tc

Post by myrmidon » Wed, 10. Feb 16, 20:44

Hi,

1. In hour 31 game time, OCV have taken a single sector. Is this normal or do I have a busted install?

a. I installed the latest Phanon Plus and Revelation Plus on LU 1.6.1 and I followed the install instructions and copied in the Revelation Plus files last, and also did the optional .dat/.cat fake patch install procedure as well.

b. (as I posted in the Phanon Plus mod thread: Phanon has yet to evolve from Tandytech at hour 31)

I have both Phanon Plus and Revelation Plus installed on LU 1.6.1.

c. I'm debating a full clean reinstall of LU and 1.6.1....

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Wed, 10. Feb 16, 23:58

myrmidon wrote:Hi,

1. In hour 31 game time, OCV have taken a single sector. Is this normal or do I have a busted install?

a. I installed the latest Phanon Plus and Revelation Plus on LU 1.6.1 and I followed the install instructions and copied in the Revelation Plus files last, and also did the optional .dat/.cat fake patch install procedure as well.

b. (as I posted in the Phanon Plus mod thread: Phanon has yet to evolve from Tandytech at hour 31)

I have both Phanon Plus and Revelation Plus installed on LU 1.6.1.

c. I'm debating a full clean reinstall of LU and 1.6.1....
a) Since you have Revelation Plus installed they are a little slow, so it looks like something's a bit wonky. The OCV should have taken at least two sectors in 31 hours, that is unless Wanabe nerfed their progress in the last update.

b) Phanon usually use 1.5 - 2 game days to advance from TandiTech to the next level, so if they move up within the next half day or so everything's probably working as it should. If you leave them alone they'll advance faster, but if you hunt their freighters or otherwise cost them money their progress can be slowed quite significantly. Having lots of UTs also seem to impact their growth.

c) Might be worth a shot, especially since the OCV seem to be sitting around holding their proverbial wieners.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

myrmidon
x3tc

Post by myrmidon » Thu, 11. Feb 16, 06:59

I've done a complete X3LU reinstall from a brand new steam build, applied both "Plus" mods and am continuing this game.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Thu, 11. Feb 16, 20:49

There are some "spy" scripts that you can run to get additional information on the OCV and/or Phanon that Wannabe will likely want you to use and get more information of what's going on. Too bad you restarted, the buggy OCV you had in the previous game might have been useful to discover and fix a new bug in Revelation Plus, maybe archive that savegame somewhere if you still have it (and post a full list of mods and install order for them that you have been using). Then when Wannabe gets back he can take a look.
[ external image ]

Wanabe
x4

Post by Wanabe » Fri, 12. Feb 16, 00:19

myrmidon wrote:I'm now at 31 hours game time, and I've yet to see an upgrade by Phanon...they're still at Tandytech. I get reports of their progress (they are really weak with a pair of TS, which I kill a TS every once in a awhile, including a juicy Nexus). Also I placed a satellite in Sanctuary of Darkness and they didn't kill it.

a) Is there a way for me to tell if I installed Phanon Plus correctly and/or whether this mod is actually "running" in my Litcube 1.6.1 build?

thanks
I have run a test game to check how long it should take Phanon/OCV with my mods applied without player intervention to expand in LU1.6.2. After less than an hour of time OCV begun invading its first sector. Next invasion from OCV begun at the 16 hour mark or so. Phanon advanced to the next generation at the 1 day 3 hour mark. With player intervention the time it takes Phanon to advance can be much much longer though.

I agree with Memeics suggestion regarding the spy scripts. If you open the script editor (keyboard shortcut by default, SHIFT+C, then S, enter the script editor scroll down the big list (page down/up works aswell as arrow keys) of scripts look for "Menu.RevelationSpy" and "Menu.PhanonCorpSpy". If you highlight either one of those you can push the R button on the keyboard run it on null and then push enter to see some details. But more importantly, if "Menu.RevelationSpy" is missing, it's likely that OCV Plus is not installed correctly. If when running "Menu.PhanonCorpSpy" there is no label "Corporation Billions" directly under "Corporation Money" that would indicate Phanon Plus was also not installed correctly.

myrmidon
x3tc

Post by myrmidon » Sun, 14. Feb 16, 21:07

Ok Houston, I have some problems!:

1. "If when running "Menu.PhanonCorpSpy" there is no label "Corporation Billions" directly under "Corporation Money" that would indicate Phanon Plus was also not installed correctly."

-> that is correct. No "Corporation Billions" is there under "Corporation Money" when running Menu.PhanonCorpSpy

2. Menu.PhanonCorpSpy is there in script editor *but* Menu.RevelationSpy is not listed in script editor. Even though Menu.RevelationSpy is in ./addon/scripts folder.

3. What is the correct method to install these mods?

My "install method" was to simply:

a) unpack the Phanon Plus mod .zip and copy w/overwrite the enclosed files into the X3 main dir (i.e. overwrite the /addon/* files with the new ones.

b) unpack the Revelation mod .zip and copy w/overwrite as above, but also to rename and copy in the .dat/.cat files as per the mod readme file.

I admit to failing to find a specific "here's how to install the mod instruction in either the readme or page one of the mod threads" so I sort of assumed my way along. Perhaps I am blind.

I really appreciate the help folks! I've reconciled the 40 hours of gameplay as not entirely wasted time, as I can consider it "training" since it has been like a year since I played X3LU 1.5.2.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”