[X3LU] Revelation Plus 1.06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Wed, 10. Feb 16, 23:58

myrmidon wrote:Hi,

1. In hour 31 game time, OCV have taken a single sector. Is this normal or do I have a busted install?

a. I installed the latest Phanon Plus and Revelation Plus on LU 1.6.1 and I followed the install instructions and copied in the Revelation Plus files last, and also did the optional .dat/.cat fake patch install procedure as well.

b. (as I posted in the Phanon Plus mod thread: Phanon has yet to evolve from Tandytech at hour 31)

I have both Phanon Plus and Revelation Plus installed on LU 1.6.1.

c. I'm debating a full clean reinstall of LU and 1.6.1....
a) Since you have Revelation Plus installed they are a little slow, so it looks like something's a bit wonky. The OCV should have taken at least two sectors in 31 hours, that is unless Wanabe nerfed their progress in the last update.

b) Phanon usually use 1.5 - 2 game days to advance from TandiTech to the next level, so if they move up within the next half day or so everything's probably working as it should. If you leave them alone they'll advance faster, but if you hunt their freighters or otherwise cost them money their progress can be slowed quite significantly. Having lots of UTs also seem to impact their growth.

c) Might be worth a shot, especially since the OCV seem to be sitting around holding their proverbial wieners.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

myrmidon
x3tc

Post by myrmidon » Thu, 11. Feb 16, 06:59

I've done a complete X3LU reinstall from a brand new steam build, applied both "Plus" mods and am continuing this game.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Thu, 11. Feb 16, 20:49

There are some "spy" scripts that you can run to get additional information on the OCV and/or Phanon that Wannabe will likely want you to use and get more information of what's going on. Too bad you restarted, the buggy OCV you had in the previous game might have been useful to discover and fix a new bug in Revelation Plus, maybe archive that savegame somewhere if you still have it (and post a full list of mods and install order for them that you have been using). Then when Wannabe gets back he can take a look.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Wanabe
x4

Post by Wanabe » Fri, 12. Feb 16, 00:19

myrmidon wrote:I'm now at 31 hours game time, and I've yet to see an upgrade by Phanon...they're still at Tandytech. I get reports of their progress (they are really weak with a pair of TS, which I kill a TS every once in a awhile, including a juicy Nexus). Also I placed a satellite in Sanctuary of Darkness and they didn't kill it.

a) Is there a way for me to tell if I installed Phanon Plus correctly and/or whether this mod is actually "running" in my Litcube 1.6.1 build?

thanks
I have run a test game to check how long it should take Phanon/OCV with my mods applied without player intervention to expand in LU1.6.2. After less than an hour of time OCV begun invading its first sector. Next invasion from OCV begun at the 16 hour mark or so. Phanon advanced to the next generation at the 1 day 3 hour mark. With player intervention the time it takes Phanon to advance can be much much longer though.

I agree with Memeics suggestion regarding the spy scripts. If you open the script editor (keyboard shortcut by default, SHIFT+C, then S, enter the script editor scroll down the big list (page down/up works aswell as arrow keys) of scripts look for "Menu.RevelationSpy" and "Menu.PhanonCorpSpy". If you highlight either one of those you can push the R button on the keyboard run it on null and then push enter to see some details. But more importantly, if "Menu.RevelationSpy" is missing, it's likely that OCV Plus is not installed correctly. If when running "Menu.PhanonCorpSpy" there is no label "Corporation Billions" directly under "Corporation Money" that would indicate Phanon Plus was also not installed correctly.

myrmidon
x3tc

Post by myrmidon » Sun, 14. Feb 16, 21:07

Ok Houston, I have some problems!:

1. "If when running "Menu.PhanonCorpSpy" there is no label "Corporation Billions" directly under "Corporation Money" that would indicate Phanon Plus was also not installed correctly."

-> that is correct. No "Corporation Billions" is there under "Corporation Money" when running Menu.PhanonCorpSpy

2. Menu.PhanonCorpSpy is there in script editor *but* Menu.RevelationSpy is not listed in script editor. Even though Menu.RevelationSpy is in ./addon/scripts folder.

3. What is the correct method to install these mods?

My "install method" was to simply:

a) unpack the Phanon Plus mod .zip and copy w/overwrite the enclosed files into the X3 main dir (i.e. overwrite the /addon/* files with the new ones.

b) unpack the Revelation mod .zip and copy w/overwrite as above, but also to rename and copy in the .dat/.cat files as per the mod readme file.

I admit to failing to find a specific "here's how to install the mod instruction in either the readme or page one of the mod threads" so I sort of assumed my way along. Perhaps I am blind.

I really appreciate the help folks! I've reconciled the 40 hours of gameplay as not entirely wasted time, as I can consider it "training" since it has been like a year since I played X3LU 1.5.2.

myrmidon
x3tc

Post by myrmidon » Tue, 16. Feb 16, 04:43

Self-inflicted wound. Mea culpa for the dumbest mistake imaginable.

I copied and edited the shortcut for vanilla Litcubes, each time I recently created a mod, and updated the executable path in the shortcut.

BUT I *forgot to update the "start in" path in the shortcut. So the game was always running from the vanilla install folder (and thus never using any mod scripts)

I have taken myself out back and had myself shot. The new me is taking care of business and will report later on how much Phanon and Revelation Plus pushes me around.

---

I confirmed by installing just Revelation Plus and starting a game, and indeed the "Menu.RevelationSpy" script appears in the script editor.

Double Doh!

The new me is getting ready to suit up and get in my M5 for real now.

StopBanningMe7_III
x4

Post by StopBanningMe7_III » Sat, 5. Mar 16, 22:22

I made this post earlier today in the main Litcube thread, but it seems likely that it could be a problem with this submod, so I'll double post here.

Basically the OCV just took Helios Delta (after 5 days, they're sure taking their sweet time), and from the "spy" menu I can see that they are supplying it all the way from Unknown Sector Omega, rather than from Kea Epsilon, meaning it is taking absolutely forever to get anything there. If this isn't fixed it will grind their whole logistics chain to a permanent halt. I'm not entirely sure whether this is a bug or just a bug in the spy menu, but it could become a bit of a problem if it is the former. Is there anything I can do?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 5. Mar 16, 22:26

From the official LU wiki :
"There rate of expansion is roughly one sector per few hours at first. The time for sector take over relies on their ability to ferry resources from their home sector (deep in the channel), to their new territory. Therefore, their rate of expansion slows exponentially the further the sector is away from their home sector. That being said, the 10 sector channel can be conquered by the OCV within 3 to 4 game days, at which point they'll breach Bluish Snout and continue their rampage."

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Sat, 5. Mar 16, 23:15

StopBanningMe7_III wrote:I made this post earlier today in the main Litcube thread, but it seems likely that it could be a problem with this submod, so I'll double post here.

Basically the OCV just took Helios Delta (after 5 days, they're sure taking their sweet time), and from the "spy" menu I can see that they are supplying it all the way from Unknown Sector Omega, rather than from Kea Epsilon, meaning it is taking absolutely forever to get anything there. If this isn't fixed it will grind their whole logistics chain to a permanent halt. I'm not entirely sure whether this is a bug or just a bug in the spy menu, but it could become a bit of a problem if it is the former. Is there anything I can do?
The station in Unknown Sector Omega is the only one producing resources for the OCV, and the rest are just links in a massive chain going back to Unknown Sector Omega, so that's probably why the "spy" menu says they're being supplied from that sector. So it's not a bug, it's intentional.

Also, the wiki is a bit outdated. Litcube nerfed the OCV's expansion speed a while back, so they take ages to get out of the Omicron Channel and breach Bluish Snout. If you're using Revelation Plus and the last version of LU five days sound about right. I'm just over four days in right now, and they took Magnetar Zeta a while back, so while they're definitely faster than vanilla LU OCV they do seem to take their sweet time ...

DiDs:
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

antb15
x3tc

Post by antb15 » Sat, 14. May 16, 04:06

Any chance of this being updated to 1.7.0? Is an update needed?

Cheers

shanrak
x4

Post by shanrak » Sat, 14. May 16, 04:33

antb15 wrote:Any chance of this being updated to 1.7.0? Is an update needed?

Cheers
I've been running it since 1.7 came out and there seems to be no issues so far. About 3 game days in the OCV just took Tiger Eta.

alexalsp
x4

Re: [X3LU] Revelation Plus 1.06

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 19. Feb 19, 10:54

Tell me please this mod is compatible with 1.7.2LU?

Thank you.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Fri, 22. Feb 19, 17:20

alexalsp wrote:
Tue, 19. Feb 19, 10:54
Tell me please this mod is compatible with 1.7.2LU?

Thank you.
Litcube recommends not using it, due to the potential for gamebreaking issues. If you want faster OCV expansion you can use the faster OCV expansion mod from the LU wiki instead.

DiDs:
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

GunthorNC
x3tc

Post by GunthorNC » Fri, 13. Oct 23, 02:33

https://www.mediafire.com/download/th7i ... sV1.06.zip

Found the link to this mod if anybody wants it.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”