[MOD] A New Dawn for Litcube's Universe - v07-07-2017beta released!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Sun, 2. Jul 17, 02:46

I have updated the gallery, please tell me what you think...
Last edited by Anubitus on Mon, 10. Jul 17, 23:15, edited 1 time in total.

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Mon, 3. Jul 17, 23:43

In the spotlights:

[ external image ]
------ Nightwing - M3 ------

The Nightwing is a heavy fighter of Paranid origin, with its eight front mounted laser hardpoints and two front firing turrets, it has very high firepower. The vessel has powerfull shielding, is compatible with a multitude of missiles and has a medium sized cargobay capable of storing L class wares wich makes it very usefull as a fast freighter or smuggler ship. Its only real weak point is its rear, The ship is easily recognizable by its cockpit configuration. The pilot sits in the lower cabin, which houses the ship's flightcontrols, and the shooter takes place in the upper cabin, which has the controls for the gunturrets. To keep the production cost as low as possible, it has a very low stock speed and manouvrability altough the latter two can be vastly upgrated, for a price.

The craft was supposed to be a next generation of heavy fighter and was designed alongside the Medusa heavy fighter for use by the Paranid military forces, but when the design plans where stolen, all funding was spend on the Medusa project. It is unknown who stole the plans but they seem to have ended up in pirate hands.

[ external image ]
------ Athena - M3TP ------

A class of personell carrier of Paranid design. While not ment for combat, the Athena does have sufficient speed and defensive capabilities to fend off any attack. With two turrets, one front and one aft, good shielding and strong hull, this craft is mostly used by diplomats and other important induviduals.

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Fri, 7. Jul 17, 19:33

New version has been released! With the addition of the ships being used by the game and the ships being for sale at the shipyards, the mod is officialy entering its beta stage. I hope i will be able to release v1.0 soon, a version that can be used for a playthrough.

Alongside bugfixing i will keep on working on new stuff to add to future versions of the mod ofcourse.

Unique ships in the spotlights:

[ external image ]
---- YT-1300-S - Sabra ----

The Sabra is a modified YT-1300-S class freighter. Once it was purchased by a Argon entrepeneur who had all of the ships hull plating replaced, installed a slightly upgraded version of the engine and fitted the ship with a jumpdrive. It also has a aditional shield slot. Due to these upgrades, it has a little less cargo space.

[ external image ]
-- YT-1300-S - Star Lady --

The "Star Lady” is a heavely modified YT-1300-S class light freighter. Don't let its old and battered looks decieve you. This freighter has five laser cannons mounted at a cockpit module wich was converted to house a powerfull weapon energy generator. It also has two laserturrets capable of mounting additional weaponry, very strong hull plating and strong shield generators. The engines where replaced with three M3 fighter class engines giving this ship a considerable speed boost in comparisson to its stock siblings. This is a freighter with teeth.

viet1989

Post by viet1989 » Mon, 10. Jul 17, 15:52

Very cool mod! Good work :)
Maybe you can add some M6 ships?

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Mon, 10. Jul 17, 23:03

I will, but i always felt like a lot of mods focused on capital ships while fighter size ships where mostly neglected, that is why i wanted to create a ton of m3 and other small ships to fill a variety of different roles.

I am happy you like it.

EDIT:

A new Paranid fighter. The Medusa II by Beth Skarn (based upon the ship with the same name from Colony Wars: Red Sun)

[ external image ]

shellshock69
x4

Post by shellshock69 » Tue, 22. Aug 17, 08:50

So I went and installed your mod and ran into a kinda weird problem. I had LU mod installed of course along with all of the mods known to work with LU. I then added your mod and started a new game, well my PC didn't explode but my ship, all ships in sector and stations did lol. Not gonna lie I actually got a kick out of watching the sector explode, I then tried many different starts thinking maybe it was something to do with my ship. When that didn't work I thought it may be the cockpit mod, but still sectors exploding everywhere. After digging around mainly to find which mod is doing this for ya, the one I least expected was the culprit.

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=312645 IEX a background enhancement mod, which I am sure you have herd or used. So after some testing I found two things if your mod is installed after IEX all things explode in a ring of fire. If your mod is installed before IEX no more explosions but your ships don't show up in the game. If I did not install IEX, even with all compatible mods installed, your mod worked fine and sectors didn't get nuked

Figured I would let you know, since I imagine you would want this mod to work with mods used in LU. Great job with the mod, maybe on my next play through it will be ready for a full play through.

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Tue, 29. Aug 17, 15:25

lol, well, that is unexpected... i will try to figure out what the problem is.

bluesoulsez
x3ap

Post by bluesoulsez » Tue, 29. Aug 17, 21:00

This has been archived at: https://poisonedparanid.com/file/14/a-new-dawn

Download link 1 is a new archive on my server. If you wish to use it, please direct users to https://poisonedparanid.com/download/22

Thanks.

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Thu, 31. Aug 17, 13:38

bluesoulsez wrote:This has been archived at: https://poisonedparanid.com/file/14/a-new-dawn

Download link 1 is a new archive on my server. If you wish to use it, please direct users to https://poisonedparanid.com/download/22

Thanks.
Not that i am against this, but should you not have asked this first? I also noticed that the introduction text is incomplete. How is the download kept up to date with the latest released version?

EDIT: Posted something in the relevant topic, located here:

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... 99#4676899

Added the links to the OP.

EDIT 28-09-2017:

After a long time of testing and bug fixing, sound creating etc, i am taking a few weeks break to avoid getting burnd out again with modding. Especially making the sounds is fun but tedious work and demands a lot of time... I will resume soon.

Slav
x3

Post by Slav » Sun, 19. Nov 17, 16:13

This is really great and thorough work! Do keep up the great job!

Connstar
x3ap

Post by Connstar » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 21:02

Hi, this looks awesome!

Is there any possibily of only the ships in a pack for XRM?

Chase842
x3ap

Post by Chase842 » Tue, 16. Jan 18, 21:26

@ Anubitus

This mod looks really great!

Can we get a progress update the next time you find some time?

gastovski

Post by gastovski » Mon, 22. Jan 18, 00:01

An excellent mod.

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Wed, 7. Feb 18, 03:52

Hey everyone

I am sorry for keeping you guys waiting for a update for so long but i wanted to let you know that i have been working on the mod for some time again now. I am giving the shield system a other try, but there is a lot of trial and error in doing it. I am confident tho that i can make it working.

A ship i have been working on recently, one of my favorite ships from star trek:

Nova class:
-------------

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]

Keep in mind that these pics are early renders and the ship is in no way complete, also it is not supposed to be exacly the same but more like heavly based upon the ship from the star trek series. Curently its a M6 class vessel.

and there is also this:

[ external image ]

very early WIP of some other ship. ;-)

TR0LL
x4

Post by TR0LL » Fri, 9. Feb 18, 17:35

Any way to make this work with IEX? https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... sc&start=0 I use it with LU and every time I start a new game with new dawn installed every ship / station in the game blows up.

Guest242
x4

Post by Guest242 » Fri, 9. Feb 18, 19:43

Cool that you still working on your mod! Very good! :)

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Sat, 10. Feb 18, 03:47

TR0LL wrote:Any way to make this work with IEX? https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... sc&start=0 I use it with LU and every time I start a new game with new dawn installed every ship / station in the game blows up.
I have no idea what might be causing this, my mod is just a bunch of ship models, some textures, sounds, modified TFiles to add the new stuff to the game, a text-id file and a altered x3_universe.xml file to add the ships to the shipyards. and a load text id/welcome text message script. My guess would be the changed x3_universe.xml file but i realy dont know. I hadnt had the time to try this one out myself yet, but i will.

I have successfully implemented the shield scripts, now the capital ships will have fully working shield effects.

EDIT: Well, after much testing the shield scripts have a weird side effect. From time to time lots of one type of ship spawn, sometimes its discoveries or some other fighter type, but sometimes it spawns a few dozen xenon Q's... As entertaining it is to see them blow everything up, this is not realy the goal of the scripts. Back to the trial and error it is... I guess the shields will have to wait a lil' longer. :(

Guest242
x4

Morningstar/Hammerhead M3

Post by Guest242 » Sat, 24. Feb 18, 19:29

Your two M3s have a shield generator with 1520 and 1950MW. Maybe typing error and you mean 520/950. Especially the Morningstar seem to be a little bit op isnt it? I mean... 16 turrets, 200MJ shield and 250+ speed.

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Tue, 27. Feb 18, 22:41

Well, i was just having a bit of fun there. But yea, the mod needs rebalancing :)

I take it the ships you mean are the Morningstar and the Hammerhead, i do admit they are a bit OP but are very fun to play with tho. :) The Morningstar does have 2 turrets with each 4 lasers, so 8 lasers total and a front weapon count of 8. The speed is ok with LU, i can see M3 that are faster. 200mj of shielding is ok aswell, more "vanilla LU M3's" have it, the Falcon Sentinel even has two of these shield types. The shield generator is perhaps a bit much but i am also working on the shield system and i have added a few shields with very large energy requirements and low shield strenght but with very high recharge ratings. It is however still very much in the testing phase but the fighters you mentioned are supposed to be "state of the art" and where build with these new shield types in mind. These new shield types will be out in the next version.

The Hammerhead can mount up to 10 front weapons but had no turrets, and can only have 5 x 24mj shield, making a total of 125mj of shield strength, not that over powered.

Not too mention that they will also be very very expensive and will need a high reputation with the races to actually buy them. Lots of firepower, that i agree on. :)

Thank you for the feedback, feel free to play-test this beta pack and give me more of your thoughts.

Guest242
x4

Post by Guest242 » Wed, 28. Feb 18, 19:06

Anubitus wrote:Well, i was just having a bit of fun there. But yea, the mod needs rebalancing :)

I take it the ships you mean are the Morningstar and the Hammerhead, i do admit they are a bit OP but are very fun to play with tho. :) The Morningstar does have 2 turrets with each 4 lasers, so 8 lasers total and a front weapon count of 8. The speed is ok with LU, i can see M3 that are faster. 200mj of shielding is ok aswell, more "vanilla LU M3's" have it, the Falcon Sentinel even has two of these shield types. The shield generator is perhaps a bit much but i am also working on the shield system and i have added a few shields with very large energy requirements and low shield strenght but with very high recharge ratings. It is however still very much in the testing phase but the fighters you mentioned are supposed to be "state of the art" and where build with these new shield types in mind. These new shield types will be out in the next version.

The Hammerhead can mount up to 10 front weapons but had no turrets, and can only have 5 x 24mj shield, making a total of 125mj of shield strength, not that over powered.

Not too mention that they will also be very very expensive and will need a high reputation with the races to actually buy them. Lots of firepower, that i agree on. :)

Thank you for the feedback, feel free to play-test this beta pack and give me more of your thoughts.
Yes they are very cool :D

Yeah I mean Morningstar and Hammerhead. The first one is example faster, better shielding and generator, more weapons, more acceleratrion and steering than a Aamon. Additional the Morningstar is cheaper. So it makes the most M3s useless. No reason to use the other ones. Of course they can a state of the art fighter, but in my opinion it needs a big disadvantage like a very high price (example 10 mio.+) or very low hull because of powerful shield or low speed. the shield generator is btw more powerful than most of M6s :D and could mess with some M7s (Carrack, Solitas, Guardian)

I understand that your mod need more feedback. For me litcube is the new vanilla x3ap. Your mod give litcube more variation. Good job :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”