[MOD] [AP] LxXRM 3.1 - Lucike XRM Resurrection Modding Package [updated 06.10.2019]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

eben
x4

Re: [MOD] [AP] LxXRM 2.0 - Lucike XRM Resurrection Modding Package [updated 28.04.2019]

Post by eben » Thu, 19. Sep 19, 09:05

eben wrote:
Thu, 19. Sep 19, 09:02
medwed wrote:
Wed, 18. Sep 19, 18:38
eben wrote:
Wed, 18. Sep 19, 13:31
Hi there thanks for this great compilation and installer.

But I can't get the installer to work!?

Everything is where it's supposed to be; path is correct, plugin manager files are present in both x3tc and addon folders, all folder names and paths are without spaces or weird characters. lxxrm, x3tc, and plugin manager folders are all on the root of the drive.

Still it shows "plugin manager files are not found"!?!

I tried with x3pm installed in default location (program files/etc.), tried installing inside x3tc folder, tried installing at the same level with lxxrm and x3tc, nothing changes!

Where the frak plugin manager files should be?
Do you started the game first with plugin manager installed and trough it? I think that could be the problem. Try it after that.
Yeah tried it before and tried it again after reading your reply. Still no love :(
ARRRGGGHHHH!!!! Nevermind, the stupid pm was in vanilla mode. That was the problem!!!

navyseal66
x4

Re: [MOD] [AP] LxXRM 2.0 - Lucike XRM Resurrection Modding Package [updated 28.04.2019]

Post by navyseal66 » Fri, 20. Sep 19, 18:03

Hey guys. I'm curently enjoying very much this mod pack, it is my first playthrough of the game so i don't really know how things are "normal" or whats a bug so please help me with this mission i have from the Goners plot, they ask of me to place a Teladianium Foundry inside elysium of light. when i try to place the foundry on the spot they ask me , where the navigational beacon is, i get the proximity alert warning like that beacon is someting solid i can target it and look at it, so basicly the beacon being there obstruct the building process , if i try to place couple of metres with offset of 10 in all axes , the mission remains active. i dont get what im missing. there are no other ships in the vecinity just that beacon.

michtoen
x3

Re: [MOD] [AP] LxXRM 3.0 - Lucike XRM Resurrection Modding Package [updated 28.04.2019]

Post by michtoen » Sun, 22. Sep 19, 23:03

I released LxXRM 3.0.

http://ks4003297.ip-142-4-209.net/unrest/LxXRM30.zip

Its mainly an tweak and script update + one new feature.

*do not upgrade 2.0 games with 3.0 (thats why i increased to 3.0 and not 2.5). i changed some core stuff and it will not work with a 2.0 save with a good chance*

The most important ones
- i updated Lucikes scripts (to his releases 2 month ago)
- i updated the signal targeted com. agent script to the last com. agent script release
- i increased the fake mod number to 18, 18 is now the customizer TWareT.
- this will not longer ovewrite some model fixes which was released for XRM

I tweaked and fixed the script merges of core / original scripts. i think this really merge all fixes/changes from the mods, like the SCS changes with missile safety and so on.
i did that int he past too and it was nothing really broken but this time all should be near perfect (i hope).

I fixed the stupid install script bug which i did not found. I mean that for some the install failed when it was done on pathes with spaces. In fact the installer worked fine - beside the path for the 7zip which unpacked the downloaded mods when it was started the first time. After that all worked fine and as i tested it was already unpacked. Now all should finally work, god damn.

i moved trov (trade overview) to _Unused because the MK3 Trade/Kommandomenu have that feature build in too and that script i deeply merged with the MK3 trader stuff.

I removed the "small ring" in the ringless gates. I put the changed file to _Unused\objects\others\ .

The biggest change / feature is releated to the repair laser.

The story: The repair laser stuff is historical "broken". XRM tried to fix that by removing all origina RL from the game (it was not there anyway) but add a new type "quantum repair laser" which use, well, quantum tubes, and added a new ship for that, the maintenance pod. Which was exclusive OTAS, when i remember right.

But most M6 showed still the "repair laser" under weapons. Even more worse - it was not easy to remove, because it was part of the core game and added to a group of weapons like the mining laser and such. So, removing it from the M6 also removed other useful tools. The M6 was partly very cheaty, you was able to create some uber repair ships, heavily armored and armed, speedy as hell, with half a dozen repair laster and even more. You was able to bring them in fights and all.

More worse - you had to add the repair lasers to the game. Which was incredible cheap... On the top the quantum repair lasers..

I changed that now. By some tricky naming. i renamed the original laser name to "*internal*". With some tooltip text explaining why. Anyway, that removed all the irritating "repair laser" entries for weapons from combat ships - a laser which was even not to buy regular by default.

Then i renamed the quantum repair laser to "repair laser" (in a way the *internal* are shown too), renamed the maintenance pod to "maintenance repair tender" and added it to alot more shipyard and the standard yard templates.

The trick is now this: In the RL tenders, the lasers are build in. They can't be buyed, sold or removed. The old laser is still usuable. It was build in "hidden" by the core game too. Like the player astronaut have it hidden added (when you go out of the ship and shot) or the MARS gremlins have it. But its not named anymore. Which is not needed anyway.

On top of that i tweaked the new laser to be not that fast and balanced them.

The result is ok. It can't be perfect because the mechanism is broken by the original game. But now not everyone get confused by a laser slot which does not really exists . The tenders are slow and squishy, you have to guard them and all.

That allowed me to remove the repair laser scripts, which added repair lasers and factories to the game. Whih was broken in some way too.

I tweaked some other stuff, like the xenon invasion comes now with more ships and should break out earlier.
The game should be even more complex now - i saw in the test some combinations i never saw before and some intense fights too.

michtoen
x3

Re: [MOD] [AP] LxXRM 3.0 - Lucike XRM Resurrection Modding Package [updated 28.04.2019]

Post by michtoen » Mon, 23. Sep 19, 19:11

Joubarbe wrote:
Mon, 23. Sep 19, 11:53
You forgot to change the date. ( :) )
fixed

OrangeWatermelon
x4

Re: [MOD] [AP] LxXRM 3.0 - Lucike XRM Resurrection Modding Package [updated 22.09.2019]

Post by OrangeWatermelon » Wed, 25. Sep 19, 01:16

I made a patch to add IEX to this pack.

Mediafire Link

Basically, I extracted all of the textures and models from IE, IEX, and the XRMI-TCAP patch. I then removed any textures that are supposed to be overwritten by Resurrection and applied the Resurrection-IEX patch. The result is a single fake patch with all of the necessary assets for IEX. Next, I wrote a small script to patch all of the IEX sector background, sun, and planet data into the current LxXRM universe files. Finally, I combined the T files from IEX with the LxXRM TBackgrounds.

You don't need any other IEX files for this to work since the included fake patch contains all necessary assets.

This patch should leave any sectors without IEX assets alone, so they should still work like they're supposed to. I tested a couple dozen sectors to make sure IEX is working and haven't spotted any bugs yet, but let me know if you find any.

NOTE since IEX changes x3_universe.xml, a lot of the changes WON'T BE APPLIED UNLESS YOU START A NEW SAVE GAME.

michtoen
x3

Re: [MOD] [AP] Update to LxXRM 3.1

Post by michtoen » Sun, 6. Oct 19, 23:31

I updated LxXRM to 3.1.

http://ks4003297.ip-142-4-209.net/unrest/LxXRM31.zip

added scripts:
- missile display
- shiploot (disabled by default, must be enabled in the AI menu)
- SQUASH mine thrower

I fixed some cmd slot conflicts i found.
I added the fixed files to the default install but also to a special folder called Cmdslots_changed.

- Saturn Hub console > moved to slot 1148
- fixed alot conflicts all over the place between improved Khaak (hatch & lay eggs) and ADS in the extended ship menu.
- moved a slot of the military revamp script to 1241 (COMMAND_RECON_UPLINK)
- and some changes to Lucike scripts (for the not so common used scripts which had some conflicts)

All together should work now fine without any conflict.

I tweaked the settings a bit.
The most noticable are in the bailing (7101-L044.xml) - it decreased the amount and it should be still *some* but more balanced.
The goal is still to make xenon and khaak bail more and try to catch xenon big & huge ships to boots the economy for the increased threads.

You can safely update 3.0 with this release, you deinstall the old one and reinstall 3.1 with the same settings.

Kajar
x4

Re: [MOD] [AP] LxXRM 3.1 - Lucike XRM Resurrection Modding Package [updated 06.10.2019]

Post by Kajar » Mon, 7. Oct 19, 09:03

Hi!

I got a small question, or request even. Just a small personal thing.
Would you consider making the "Ringless Gates" Optional? I kinda like having an actual gate rather than just a blue plate to fly through... and miss the trigger for the jump.
Alternatively, you can tell me which files I have to change to get the gates back. I don't seem able to find them.

Also, the textures for ATF ships don't seem to get applied properly? 90% of the surface gets turned into a flat silvery plate-texture while the remaining 10% stay vanilla.

Pretty darn good work you did here. My favorite one-stop-shop to get my Xperience to the max :P

Betelgeuse97
x4

Re: [MOD] [AP] LxXRM 3.1 - Lucike XRM Resurrection Modding Package [updated 06.10.2019]

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Wed, 9. Oct 19, 09:05

I think I may have asked months ago, but is there a neat way of removing the color-coded names (this interferes with the search function in the universe map)? Last time I played, removing that file with colored sector names hardly did anything.

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Thu, 10. Oct 19, 19:37

LxXRM 3.x comes without colored galaxy map again.

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Fri, 18. Oct 19, 18:49

michtoen wrote:
Thu, 10. Oct 19, 19:37
LxXRM 3.x comes without colored galaxy map again.
Sweet! I'll play it again sometime this month.

Also, there was an exploit where salvage claim suite could drop engine tunings from ships when they were sold, provided that the tunings were on the ship. This allowed a ship to gain infinite speed and turn rate (but not cargo). Has this been fixed?

utgra
xr

Post by utgra » Sat, 19. Oct 19, 11:21

aversin wrote:
Mon, 7. Oct 19, 09:03
Hi!

I got a small question, or request even. Just a small personal thing.
Would you consider making the "Ringless Gates" Optional? I kinda like having an actual gate rather than just a blue plate to fly through... and miss the trigger for the jump.
Alternatively, you can tell me which files I have to change to get the gates back. I don't seem able to find them.

Also, the textures for ATF ships don't seem to get applied properly? 90% of the surface gets turned into a flat silvery plate-texture while the remaining 10% stay vanilla.

Pretty darn good work you did here. My favorite one-stop-shop to get my Xperience to the max :P
Hello aversin, I don't know if your gate problem has been solved, I did it like this:

As mentioned in the documentation of "X3 Customizer", the jump gate modify option uses the two files "TGates.txt" and "TSpecial.txt"(in the "addon/type" folder), so I deleted the "TGates.txt" file itself and then edited the "TSpecial.txt" file,delete all the lines that mentioned "ring" and "gate". Finally, 12.cat in the "addon" folder is the "No Ring Gate Mod" file,so I edited it with X3 Editor2 to make it an empty file.

After doing this, the jump gate in my game returned to vanilla (if you load a saved game, you needs to travel to other sector and the gate's model will be re-read).

Because I did this just five minutes ago, so I can't guarantee what other consequences this will bring.
Of course, you should back up the files you want to modify and save files before doing this.

Sorry for my poor English and thanks for google translate :oops: .

Update: Don't modify "TSpecial.txt" as I wrote earlier. This creates a lot of weird problems, such as the floating billboard becoming an unfinished Goner temple, and my complex factory becomes a strangely huge wreck. Fortunately, the model is restored after replaced by the backup file.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sat, 26. Oct 19, 04:35

Is there a way to gain goner rep from -2?

I couldn't resist all the free QSCs i can steal with that unknown object prototype, so i grabbed one and the goners hate me for it.
Do i need goner rep once i got the ufjd at all? Still, would be nice to make friends..

The Devil's Knock
x4

Post by The Devil's Knock » Mon, 28. Oct 19, 21:39

Are there any recommendations for increasing performance as the game goes on? I'm kind of stuck to around 56-30 fps without SETA and 20 fps (with seta/large combat) with an I7 8700k (single core is 4.4 mhz) 16 GB RAM and 1080 TI (not that graphics card matters alot for this game). SETA will stop getting the speedup after about 10 seconds time (says it's running but the game cancels the speedup) and sometimes the game kind of runs like in slow motion when going through a jump gate/large combat (besides just being 20 fp). I ran script editor to see if something could be causing an issue and I noticed !turret.killenemies.std is running for about 35k times and scs.npc.salvager is running 8.5k times. Is that normal for those? I'm guessing the first script is what lets AI turrets attack but the NPC one seems high from the salvage command menu. I even turned the npc salvager option off and did the kill all ship options yet the number stays the same. Kind of confused why that script is so high despite nothing should be running it right now (I have no ships salvaging). I do own several hundred ships and probably 150 total stations (spread out in different sectors) but the only scripts that really stood out for number of times currently running was those two I listed. If that is normal, is there something I can do to increase performance at this point of the game? Maybe a script that kills all ships besides my own galaxy wide in case there's a couple that are stuck doing something repeatedly?

djmidex
x4

Post by djmidex » Tue, 29. Oct 19, 07:39

Hey, michtoen, first of all, thank you for bringing these great mods together. I think i`ve found some bugs:
1) Marine Repairs. As soon as i press "Marines Repair Target" hotkey, i`ve got money withdrawal from my account BEFORE repair even starts. Looks like pressing the hotkey costs money )) about 300k in my case.
SAVEGAME: https://yadi.sk/d/xRTSxkI2Oq-crg
2) SEWN deactivates sometimes for no reason
3) When using Best Buys Locator, i recieve message that my ship cant jump to the selected station. "reason - unknown"

lighters
x4

Post by lighters » Mon, 4. Nov 19, 13:57

What do you need to claim abandoned M6s? The regular claim option is not available for M6, I assume is was removed by one of the mods. Do they need to be boarded or something else?

JunTheGoon

Post by JunTheGoon » Tue, 5. Nov 19, 03:55

Question. Since can't buy any repair lasers anymore anywhere. So there's no other way to repair ships fully other than have it repaired in a shipyard? Great mod btw. Thanks.

djmidex
x4

Post by djmidex » Tue, 5. Nov 19, 04:40

JunTheGoon wrote:
Tue, 5. Nov 19, 03:55
Question. Since can't buy any repair lasers anymore anywhere. So there's no other way to repair ships fully other than have it repaired in a shipyard? Great mod btw. Thanks.
You still have built-in repair laser in your space suit. Just leave the ship and repair manually (very slow). More balanced to buy some marines in military outpost and move them to the damaged ship, they will repair. It costs money but still much cheaper than repairing at shipyard. There is also a hotkey for marines to repair ship in space, but it is buggy for some reason.

djmidex
x4

Post by djmidex » Tue, 5. Nov 19, 04:43

lighters wrote:
Mon, 4. Nov 19, 13:57
What do you need to claim abandoned M6s? The regular claim option is not available for M6, I assume is was removed by one of the mods. Do they need to be boarded or something else?
Had the same issue. tried boarding - no luck. My solution: ship commands:Piracy:Sector Salvager. You will need Special Command Software or Remote Override Software (This is configurable through Plugin Configuration menu)

lighters
x4

Post by lighters » Tue, 5. Nov 19, 12:15

What settings are you guys using for race relations (Military Base Response, Pirate Guild, etc.) and how does that work in the game?

So far in my game pirates are being bodied left and right by commonwealth races, and commonwealth races don't seem to fight each other much, if at all. Pirate guild is set to Hard difficulty with all options enabled, like in an example video here.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”