[MOD] [AP] LxXRM 3.1 - Lucike XRM Resurrection Modding Package [updated 06.10.2019]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

tormox
x4

Post by tormox » Thu, 16. Aug 18, 00:48

Hi, thanks for doing this.
I've followed the instructions and used safe scripts option.

Then when I launch the game, a dialog box appears saying
"File not found. (addon-types-Flight)"

I'm not to sure what to do, any sugestions?

hargn
x4

Post by hargn » Thu, 16. Aug 18, 23:17

Hi there,

I don't see any 'Station Agent' software from LU's scripts sold anywhere, nor CAG command as the bonus material must not be installed.

Is the missing 'Station Agent' soft an error?
Does a better command for station traders exists?

Thanks for answers.

EDIT : My bad, sorry, apparently, the commercial agent must be first docked to the station in order to have the command avaibled.

nighelt
x3tc

Post by nighelt » Mon, 20. Aug 18, 04:44

Hello.

Really a great job, and i'm almost ashamed to say it but I can not go beyond the installation :roll:
I followed the various instructions of the second post, so I have both the X3AP and X3AP_n files, but every time I try to start 01_SETUP_.bat I always get the message:
"ERROR :: X3AP_n.exe not found - check X3AP_PATH and the README_FIRST.txt to have a clean install
ERROR :: leaving "
despite having changed the path of _X3AP_PATH_ always following the guide.
At this point I feel a little disoriented :cry:

hargn
x4

Post by hargn » Mon, 20. Aug 18, 09:25

Hi nighelt,

Does your X3AP installation path contains spaces?
The install script doesn't support it, so I moved all my install folder to another place (C:\X3AP), I set the X3AP_PATH in the script and I performed the LxXRM intall. Then I moved back all my install to the previous place.

Hope it can help you

nighelt
x3tc

Post by nighelt » Mon, 20. Aug 18, 13:19

I had already put the game folder in the path C:\X3AP following the spaces rule, but nothing changed.

This is my edited path in _X3AP_PATH_ https://pastebin.com/xvtNXvD7

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Wed, 22. Aug 18, 13:02

nighelt wrote:I had already put the game folder in the path C:\X3AP following the spaces rule, but nothing changed.

This is my edited path in _X3AP_PATH_ https://pastebin.com/xvtNXvD7
Ok, back from my vacations.

I can'T see the problem at first glance, but i will update the package now and adjust and add more messages to the install scripts, so it tell you more detailed whats wrong or not, i am sure it helps.

Sometimes its just a typo or something and really hard to say.
One time i had written accidently in a path this obscure "e" or "i" which comes from the UTF8 set, it was in the text editor not to see.

Anyway, wait for the update.

Aadeyrn
x3tc

Post by Aadeyrn » Thu, 23. Aug 18, 02:49

Absolutely love this setup. Brought me back to X3AP after many years so thank you for that.

About the upcoming update. Will a new game be required?

mati140
x4

Post by mati140 » Sat, 25. Aug 18, 13:57

@michtoen What would it take to mod the cockpits back in? Do I have to manually update every single ship in TShips? Would I have to start a new game every time I made those changes (been a while, don't remember, I'm coming back after a long break as well thanks to your mod)?

EDIT: Also: does the XRM background mod work with this? What about IEX?

E83Viper
x4

Post by E83Viper » Tue, 28. Aug 18, 07:02

Hey,

this here ist great, but i have some Issues to get it running properly. I am sure i made completely like the instrusctions said. But in The Game i got one message:
It appears the plugin manager hasn't been closed properly. Make sure its closed before running the game otherwise things may not work correctly.

In AL Plugins i also have a "ReadText901-107" entry between "Colored Calimable Ships Enabled" and "Litcube's Rival Corporation: Phanon. But this one isn't MARS.

The plugin manager ist already closed. I have no clues what is going wrong.
Anyone has any ideas?

Rastabob
x4

Post by Rastabob » Wed, 29. Aug 18, 15:59

Good morning and thanks for this mod package!!!!

I made it through the install with no errors, safe scripts, etc. I have a problem after all is configured that when I go to fly though a gate, the game crashes to desktop.

Any ideas where to start troubleshooting?

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Thu, 30. Aug 18, 02:39

mati140 wrote:@michtoen What would it take to mod the cockpits back in? ...
EDIT: Also: does the XRM background mod work with this? What about IEX?
I think XRM cockpits can be dropped in as normal. Tships already has the references, and the extra cat/dat just adds the cockpit resources. Background mods can be more problematic since they often edit the x3_universe file which sets up sectors, conflicting with other mods making sector changes; that would take more research into compatibilities with the mods in use.
E83Viper wrote:The plugin manager ist already closed. I have no clues what is going wrong.
Anyone has any ideas?
The plugin manager is expected to generate TWareT.pck in the addon/types folder when it is closed, and deletes it when opened. Maybe double check that that file was created before starting X3.
Rastabob wrote:Any ideas where to start troubleshooting?
Maybe too simple a question, but did you start a new game? Other than that, in case it's a bad combination of mods, maybe try an install with all options turned on and another install with all options turned off, to see if either works better.

E83Viper
x4

Post by E83Viper » Fri, 31. Aug 18, 09:27

SirNukes wrote:
E83Viper wrote:The plugin manager ist already closed. I have no clues what is going wrong.
Anyone has any ideas?
The plugin manager is expected to generate TWareT.pck in the addon/types folder when it is closed, and deletes it when opened. Maybe double check that that file was created before starting X3.
Hi, thanks for the idea. I checked it, the file is there. I also made a try and deleted ist, started and closed the pluginmanager. It created the file (it has a size of 10 kb). so i am sure the file is there. the issue in the game remains. Maybe it would be good to know which AL Plugin is the one that does not work.

hargn
x4

Post by hargn » Fri, 31. Aug 18, 14:40

Hi there,

I've an issue with the Phanon Corp.
Usually, shooting their ships shouldn't decrease our reputation with the faction that owns the sector where the fight takes place : the Phanon is supposed to be neutral with other races.

But in my LxXRM, I can't destroy phanon's ships without loose reputation. So I can handle it with some M3 or TS, but when I'll need to destroy stations and fight the fleet the corp will send as military answer, it'll be very hard to support the reputation loss with the faction that owns the sector where the station stands.

Am i the only one who has this issue? What can I do in order to set the Phanon notoriety as usual?

Greyfoot
x3ap

Post by Greyfoot » Fri, 31. Aug 18, 18:38

Any chance to setting the jumpdrive`s size to at least L or M? A bit tedious not having it on M3 class ships. :(
Nothing is constant but change itself...

dispostableatheist

Post by dispostableatheist » Fri, 7. Sep 18, 16:55

Sattelite monitoring, anybody able to make it work? I dropped adv. sats but pressing the hotkeys does nothing...

hargn
x4

Post by hargn » Sat, 8. Sep 18, 13:01

Hi,

Yet another issue with LxXRM I want to report here (even I get no answer to my questions :S)

It's with Resurrection, I believe : I do not have any texture for the galaxy box in Omicron Lyrare, Circle of Labour and Heretics End. I haven't visited the Sol System Sectors yet, so I hope that the background textures will be there.

Any LxXRM or Resurrection user did report this issue?

Cormyr
x3tc

Post by Cormyr » Sat, 8. Sep 18, 19:36

I didn't play LU that much but as far as I remember, the ships of the Omnicron Virus were pretty powerful. Are they rebalanced to better work in conjunction with most of the ships introduced by XRM?

arbarbonif
x3ap

Post by arbarbonif » Mon, 10. Sep 18, 18:50

The M6 Unknown Object can't actually fire its weapons under player control. Neither "attack target" nor manually pulling the trigger make anything happen. I didn't try commanding attack when I'm not in the ship, but own it. I've got 8 laserbeam tower cannons installed, but no go.

I want to fly my ridiculously overpowered ship of doom...

arbarbonif
x3ap

Post by arbarbonif » Mon, 10. Sep 18, 18:55

Greyfoot wrote:Any chance to setting the jumpdrive`s size to at least L or M? A bit tedious not having it on M3 class ships. :(
That is a classic XRM thing. The salvage command suite gives "buddy jump" which lets you jump non-jump capable ships that are next to a ship with a jump drive and e-cells.

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Mon, 10. Sep 18, 19:16

arbarbonif wrote:The M6 Unknown Object can't actually fire its weapons under player control.
Aren't the lasers on that ship all turret mounted?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”