[MOD] [AP] LxXRM 3.1 - Lucike XRM Resurrection Modding Package [updated 06.10.2019]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

michtoen
x3

Re: [MOD] [AP] LxXRM 2.0 - Lucike XRM Resurrection Modding Package [updated 28.04.2019]

Post by michtoen » Fri, 3. May 19, 00:20

Insigar wrote:
Thu, 2. May 19, 22:10
michtoen wrote:
Thu, 2. May 19, 21:36
Insigar wrote:
Thu, 2. May 19, 19:47
So just installed 2.0, started a new game and noticed my gates look like this

https://imgur.com/a/W6u6FI9

So, where did I screw up? :D

EDIT: Tried replacing the argon_gate_scene of the gates with the terran_gate_scene and that worked. Got proper gates now but still wonder what went wrong here.
These gates are legit. From the updated Resurrection mod, if i remember right.

The pure wormhole like gates are nice but in terms of lore not correct. In X the gates are like stargates, a mechanical ring creating a wormhole or whatever.
So, here is the idea that the ring creates a a bigger event horizon, floating in the middle.

No fear to crash in, the wormhole floats outside around the ring.

You will notice that in some areas the old wormholes are still there, mainly around the Revelation area.
The terrans have now the "modern", smaller acceleators with a wormhole in. Alot better for the AI to navigate.
The old terran gates are still there in some lost colonies areas.

So, enjoy all the different styles from different races and times.

You are of course free to alter them to what you prefer.
Note that the "NoRingGates" mod offer even more styles in different colors, you can customize it like you want.
Btw, i thought first too it was a bug as i saw them. ;)
I'm glad I successfully installed LxXRM 8 times :headbang:

Also thank you for doing what you're doing :mrgreen:
Get me some Xenon. ;)

maffspice
x3tc

Re: [MOD] [AP] LxXRM 2.0 - Lucike XRM Resurrection Modding Package [updated 28.04.2019]

Post by maffspice » Sat, 11. May 19, 09:46

Is there a mirror of the main LxXRM 2.0 install file? Link isn't working.

blight

Post by blight » Sun, 12. May 19, 10:37

Please can you post a new working link for LxXRM20.zip. Thanks.

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Tue, 14. May 19, 00:46

Download should work again.

Eriodas

Post by Eriodas » Tue, 21. May 19, 06:59

I installed the 2.0 version in a fresh copy of the game. I used the default settings on installation.. everything i have seen works just fine, but i noticed that now in the universe map the races sectors are colored depending of the race that had the sector in the begining (if it is captured by another race the color doesn't change), and the annoying thing is that i cannot search the universe map by name of the sectors (presing the letters) except those sectors that are not claimed (unknown sectors). Is this behavior intended? or i did something wrong?.

LordRaph
x4

Post by LordRaph » Tue, 21. May 19, 14:18

I experience the same issue, cannot search via typing in the Star map, haven't found any other issues so far...

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Tue, 21. May 19, 23:50

Sadly its a side effect of the colored map that you can't search it.
Its because the color code marker in front of the name is noticed by the search function and not skipped but included in the search.

Well, i like the colored map (its done by the X3 Customizer script), even more with the military revamp script, which gives you a hint what the original owners was.
Which is important when it comes to the border invasions. You can expect by invaded border sectors where the colors do not match the original owners, that they start some retake tries.

LordRaph
x4

Post by LordRaph » Wed, 22. May 19, 20:12

Oh ok, good to know! So I guess I'll just leave it as is

Eriodas

Post by Eriodas » Thu, 23. May 19, 13:12

Isn't there a way to remove it? i didn't see the option to enable it on the installation... The map search can be a very big deal for some people.

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Thu, 23. May 19, 22:32

Eriodas wrote:
Thu, 23. May 19, 13:12
Isn't there a way to remove it? i didn't see the option to enable it on the installation... The map search can be a very big deal for some people.
Not in the config but you can do it by hand.

In your LxXRM folder, look in the "400 - X3Customizer Files".
From both TCAP folders, TCAP & TCAP-LC, remove the "t" files (0001-L044.xml and 7027-L044.xml).

Then do an uninstall and a clean install. The color map should be gone.
You have to do the reinstall, because both files will overwrite others.

Them you should see a non colored map again.

I have not tested it, but i am pretty sure it works.

SteelSirokos
x4

Post by SteelSirokos » Fri, 24. May 19, 03:26

Enigma 1.6

Hello everyone! I finally made a thread for the Enigma expansion available for LxXRM 2.0.

Check it out!

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=417082

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Fri, 24. May 19, 20:29

ShadowOfNone2 wrote:
Fri, 24. May 19, 03:26
Enigma 1.6

Hello everyone! I finally made a thread for the Enigma expansion available for LxXRM 2.0.

Check it out!

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=417082
Pretty cool.

Indeed i never tested to play LxXRM as non standard race, i would recommend to not use plain LxXRM for that but this then.

Insigar
x4

Post by Insigar » Fri, 24. May 19, 21:47

Correct me if I'm wrong here but I think I noticed something:

The script "!plugin.acp.fight.attack.object" can be found once in "950 - Missile Safety [nobatch]" and again in "990 - Fixes [nobatch]". Both get copied into the games scripts folder by the installer but if I remember correctly the game prefers .pck over .xml so the second script which is supposed to fix something never gets used.

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Fri, 24. May 19, 22:15

Insigar wrote:
Fri, 24. May 19, 21:47
Correct me if I'm wrong here but I think I noticed something:

The script "!plugin.acp.fight.attack.object" can be found once in "950 - Missile Safety [nobatch]" and again in "990 - Fixes [nobatch]". Both get copied into the games scripts folder by the installer but if I remember correctly the game prefers .pck over .xml so the second script which is supposed to fix something never gets used.
Grmpf, yep - as far i know the pck file comes first. I have to give that a look. If you find more of that, give me a note too.

I will then update the mod later.

For you game, you can simply fix this - remove the pck file from your installation.

Its nothing game breaking but i had the feeling to the missile safety is not on 100%.

Insigar
x4

Post by Insigar » Fri, 24. May 19, 23:47

I just spent more time than I'd like to admit creating a list with all duplicate script names and all I got are... 3 -.- I'm glad I could help, gonna hang myself now

950 !move.follow.template pck
990 !move.follow.template xml

950 !plugin.acp.fight.attack.object pck
990 !plugin.acp.fight.attack.object xml

950 !ship.cmd.attack.std pck
990 !ship.cmd.attack.std xml

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Sat, 25. May 19, 00:45

Insigar wrote:
Fri, 24. May 19, 23:47
I just spent more time than I'd like to admit creating a list with all duplicate script names and all I got are... 3 -.- I'm glad I could help, gonna hang myself now

950 !move.follow.template pck
990 !move.follow.template xml

950 !plugin.acp.fight.attack.object pck
990 !plugin.acp.fight.attack.object xml

950 !ship.cmd.attack.std pck
990 !ship.cmd.attack.std xml
Thanks for confirming it - then i messed only the fixes up. Gladly, that is easy to fix.
Will try to roll out a new update when i have a bit time. There was a fix for XRM posted a bit ago, fixing turrets of 2 ships, i will include that too.

arbarbonif
x3ap

Post by arbarbonif » Sat, 25. May 19, 05:03

I'm having constant crashes. Sometimes when entering a system, sometimes just flying around. I've played for 2 hours and had 3 crashes since I re-installed from scratch (had several before I re-installed as well, that was over a uninstalled 1.0). 1.0 worked fine. Only changes from a basic LxXRM install is changing the docking computer size and tweaking the Truelight Seeker to take XXL cargo and have the ranger's equipment set (uaing the x3 editor 2). I tried turning off the awesomification, but it didn't help. Not seeing any other problems, just the crashes to desktop. Any ideas or what I can do for troubleshooting?

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Sat, 25. May 19, 13:36

arbarbonif wrote:
Sat, 25. May 19, 05:03
I'm having constant crashes. Sometimes when entering a system, sometimes just flying around. I've played for 2 hours and had 3 crashes since I re-installed from scratch (had several before I re-installed as well, that was over a uninstalled 1.0). 1.0 worked fine. Only changes from a basic LxXRM install is changing the docking computer size and tweaking the Truelight Seeker to take XXL cargo and have the ranger's equipment set (uaing the x3 editor 2). I tried turning off the awesomification, but it didn't help. Not seeing any other problems, just the crashes to desktop. Any ideas or what I can do for troubleshooting?
Hm, i can't help with stuff when it comes to editor use, because there are really so much possible things then you can mess up.

Its the default installation stable for you?
I suggest to make a new, dean AP install for that.

For me, 2.0 is more stable as 1.0. In fact i did not had any crash beside one, which was clearly a memory problem after several hours of playing without restarting, you have with mods that some times.

arbarbonif
x3ap

Post by arbarbonif » Sat, 25. May 19, 22:56

michtoen wrote:
Sat, 25. May 19, 13:36
arbarbonif wrote:
Sat, 25. May 19, 05:03
Hm, i can't help with stuff when it comes to editor use, because there are really so much possible things then you can mess up.

Its the default installation stable for you?
I suggest to make a new, dean AP install for that.

For me, 2.0 is more stable as 1.0. In fact i did not had any crash beside one, which was clearly a memory problem after several hours of playing without restarting, you have with mods that some times.
I uninstalled and reinstalled LxXRM and it cleared the changes I made, but is still crashing. About 2/3 of them are when I am entering a new system, the other 1/3 are just flying around. I'll enter a system, it'll crash, I'll reload from my last save, go back into the same system and it will be fine. It'll just crash while I'm flying around 3 systems later. It has crashed in Midnight Star, Savage Spur, Rhonkar's Trial, Okrakoke's Storm... No real rhyme or reason...

Only other thing I can think of is that I'm using the GoG version, which really shouldn't matter...

I actually own the Steam version as well, installed it did a plain LxXRM install, started a Goner Witness start, crashed whilst fixing a ship in Black Hole Sun... I may just go back to 1.0.

Edit: I uninstalled everything, removed all the files I could find that related to X3. Installed it fresh from Steam, installed LxXRM and it is now running beautifully. Played it for quite a while and it didn't crash at all. So I think it's good now. Not sure what the core problem was, guess it was either using the GoG version or some issue with having the older version initially...

Eriodas

Post by Eriodas » Mon, 27. May 19, 05:41

In my case the crashes comes after playing a bit more than 5 days.. after than time and some hours the game begins to die and then crash everytime at some point.. don't know the reason.

Currently playing other mods like Xtended and "normal" XRM (after that one), to see if the crash happen on those as well.

I tried loading different saves, auto saves, restarting the computer, defragmenting, chkdsk, nothing... it just crash after some time has passed and my game is ruined. Have tried 3 different game starts and it crashed in all of them after a period of time played. Any ideas?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”