[MOD] [AP] LxXRM 3.1 - Lucike XRM Resurrection Modding Package [updated 06.10.2019]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

pref
x4

Re: [MOD] [AP] LxXRM 2.0 - Lucike XRM Resurrection Modding Package [updated 28.04.2019]

Post by pref » Fri, 19. Jul 19, 16:21

flightschooldropout wrote:
Fri, 19. Jul 19, 04:43
ok I did it. I just bought and downloaded the steam version. The same things happens in my addons folder. the cat/dats are missing . i re downloaded all the files again so they are fresh nothing corrupt

Nice, i see the problem now: its a bug in the install script

The folder in which you have LxXRM cannot have any space in it. Rename the folder "X3 mods and files" to "X3Mods" or whatever else, but without space - or move the LxXRM folder someplace where there is no space in its path.

edit: I'd also keep the game itself in a folder/path that has no spaces just for safety.

Also keep the steam/gog game as it is, it's better to make a copy of the game and mod that copy. So in case something goes wrong your install is not broken and you don't need to download again. You need a clean install to run LxXRM install on it.

flightschooldropout
x4

Re: [MOD] [AP] LxXRM 2.0 - Lucike XRM Resurrection Modding Package [updated 28.04.2019]

Post by flightschooldropout » Fri, 19. Jul 19, 20:29

pref wrote:
Fri, 19. Jul 19, 16:21
Fri, 19. Jul 19, 04:43
ok I did it. I just bought and downloaded the steam version. The same things happens in my addons folder. the cat/dats are missing . i re downloaded all the files again so they are fresh nothing corrupt

Nice, i see the problem now: its a bug in the install script

The folder in which you have LxXRM cannot have any space in it. Rename the folder "X3 mods and files" to "X3Mods" or whatever else, but without space - or move the LxXRM folder someplace where there is no space in its path.

edit: I'd also keep the game itself in a folder/path that has no spaces just for safety.

Also keep the steam/gog game as it is, it's better to make a copy of the game and mod that copy. So in case something goes wrong your install is not broken and you don't need to download again. You need a clean install to run LxXRM install on it.
O man thank you so much that was the problem. I'm in game now on the gog version works like a charm! The only thing that's wrong maybe is that the Resurrection loading screen doesn't' show when I boot up x3ap.exe. Its just the same x3ap splash screen. ANYWAYS doesn't matter Im happier than a pig in shit :). Thanks for helping pref!

edit: If I want the xrm cockpits can I add the cat/dats in the addon as the highest numbers? And in regards to LIFE do you guys know any other mods that immerse you're self like LIFE mod does? I really wish LIFE was compatible, I'd delete what ever its conflicting with but I don't know what it is. anyways cheers thanks again for the help!

pref
x4

Post by pref » Fri, 19. Jul 19, 21:22

Fri, 19. Jul 19, 20:29
O man thank you so much that was the problem. I'm in game now on the gog version works like a charm! The only thing that's wrong maybe is that the Resurrection loading screen doesn't' show when I boot up x3ap.exe. Its just the same x3ap splash screen. ANYWAYS doesn't matter Im happier than a pig in shit :). Thanks for helping pref!

edit: If I want the xrm cockpits can I add the cat/dats in the addon as the highest numbers? And in regards to LIFE do you guys know any other mods that immerse you're self like LIFE mod does? I really wish LIFE was compatible, I'd delete what ever its conflicting with but I don't know what it is. anyways cheers thanks again for the help!
Happy it works!
Check on the shipyards if all is fine as written in the initial script.

I have the resurrection main menu, have you installed LxXRM on a clean install - not one where you already had a failed attempt?

Anyway have fun, so far this pack is really flawless for me, except a couple weird things (like that board command, and there was a single mission that did not complete ).

Also i don't know what life mod does, but i often get messages about a race conquering an unknown sector so the map and race territories aren't frozen.

flightschooldropout
x4

Post by flightschooldropout » Fri, 19. Jul 19, 22:23

Yes every time I attempt to reinstall I delete everything and empty recycle bin. So far all seems well excpet the stock albion prelude loading screens but If thats all that I'm missing I can live with it :). LIFE is an immersion mod. The npc's will call for help and offer rewards or penalties, random missions from npc's. There is also lots of radio chatter like the npc's will smack talk you or even to each other. There's a whole news system and bounty system all with a config menu to tailor to your liking. I heard its one of the performance heavy scripts but.... you really feel like the universe comes alive on a ship to ship level. I play x3 more like how I used to play Freelancer. Not so much on the grand scale management level... LIFE mod or immersion mods are gems to me.

ANYWAYS thanks again. I'm going to name my capital ship after you when I pirate one from ATI or OTAS :P argh matey :twisted:

edit: the bounty system I though was LIFE is XRM bounty lol... Well I guess im just missing the comms chatter then
Last edited by flightschooldropout on Fri, 19. Jul 19, 23:54, edited 1 time in total.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Fri, 19. Jul 19, 23:19

Oh i see about LIFE.

XRM has a bounty system that is tied to actual ingame kills, you will often see ships with a yellow $ sign - that means some group would pay for that kill, and in cases pay quite a lot (depending on how much harm that specific ship inflicted). Think there is a hotkey for checking the bounties somewhere in interface menu. Haven't seen it myself, i'm happy if i can fully equip a single M3 for now and just got a TM with a jumpdrive :D

Also if you don't want to go grand scale some features might not suit you - revelation for one will slowly turn into a universe level threat if left unchecked that needs serious infrastructure to beat: lots of strong ships and steady supplies for them. But you can turn it on/off in menu. At least in LU the virus is pretty strong, no clue if the standalone revelation mod is any easier.
And there are some other options regarding pirates, NPC defenses and whatnot, so you can tune the universe to your liking.

And i feel honored.. tell the OTAS guys i sad hi when you salvage them for enslavement :D

ShadowSSG
x3ap

Post by ShadowSSG » Sat, 20. Jul 19, 18:37

Has anyone else tested the Phanon Corporation Plugin built into this mod? Because it works perfectly other than the fact that Phanon doesn't appear neutral to other races (i.e. Argon, Paranid, etc) and whenever one of my ships engage in combat with them I lose tons of reputation with whichever race's space the combat occurs in.

flightschooldropout
x4

Post by flightschooldropout » Mon, 22. Jul 19, 21:12

I tested it on a new save and I have the same problem. I also have an issue on my main save where I am a yaki +7 relations. In yaki sectors if I spend enough time in there 1+ hours salvaging after battles entire squadrons of yaki go red and attack me. Not sure if its newly spawned ships or what? same with pirates. I have +7 relations and pirates will attack every now and then. I play it off as pirates just being greedy but when the yaki do it it breaks immersion for me :(

arbarbonif
x3ap

Post by arbarbonif » Wed, 24. Jul 19, 03:17

Mon, 22. Jul 19, 21:12
I tested it on a new save and I have the same problem. I also have an issue on my main save where I am a yaki +7 relations. In yaki sectors if I spend enough time in there 1+ hours salvaging after battles entire squadrons of yaki go red and attack me. Not sure if its newly spawned ships or what? same with pirates. I have +7 relations and pirates will attack every now and then. I play it off as pirates just being greedy but when the yaki do it it breaks immersion for me :(
I think that is tied to the Yaki being paranoid about the ship you salvaged. They seem to not forget that they hated that ship and attack it once you salvage it. That then makes you attack them back and the whole thing goes pear shaped. It helps some to salvage with a ship that doesn't have weapons and has "set as enemy if enemy to me" turned off. You will still occasionally lose the salvaged ship, but it prevents the sector from exploding. You can also manually salvage with a ship from a carrier and move the carrier over the ship to salvage (OOS) first, so they don't have time to kill the ship before it docks. It seems like the Yaki hate goner ships, I end up doing that with most of them to get my collection of Truelight Seekers and Crusaders for trading...

ShadowSSG
x3ap

Post by ShadowSSG » Wed, 24. Jul 19, 07:22

Mon, 22. Jul 19, 21:12
I've had the same experience before but once it happened with a Teladi ship turning hostile after I salvaged an abandoned Xenon ship in their space. As far as the reputation loss with races due to combat with Phanon Cooperation ships I'm still not sure what the cause is. I'm assuming there must be another mod in this package that messes with Race 1 relations (which is the slot which Phanon occupies) however I am not familiar enough with the additional mods to wager a guess as to which one might be interfering. Anyone else have any thoughts?

craftomega
x4

Post by craftomega » Fri, 26. Jul 19, 22:03

If this mod is still being worked on I would highly recommend adding this mod to it.

[SCR] Missile Data Display
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=306400&start=15

Its a very underappreciated mod that makes using missiles much easier for new players.

lpsalce

Post by lpsalce » Fri, 26. Jul 19, 22:33

So, I was trying to find a way to add cockpits to LxXRM, and in some ways just dropping the PSCO1's CockpitMod for XRM worked, but it was doing some weird things, and some of the ships (those added by LU and some of the Terran ships) were without cockpits. I then replaced the cockpits from PSCO's version with some cockpits from Cockpit Mod for Litcube's Universe and merged both of them. The thing is, XRM's version have custom TShip and Components files so I just replaced them with the files from LxXRM.

To use it just drop the cat/dat files on your addon folder after installing LxXRM using the fake patch method

COCKPIT MOD V0.5 FOR LxXRM
note that I'm using the TShip files from LxXRM 2.0 [Updated 28.04.2019] and any other version will only be compatible if michtoen uses this in his installer or updates the TShip files on it if he changes the original files located on the 09.cat of LxXRM.

There is one small problem tho, one of the mods lights up the cockpits when accelerating or at max speed, this causes some flickering with this light, it's annoying but I don't know what mod or file does this so I can't turn it off. It's not on every ship though (both Nova Prototype and Blastclaw Prototype uses the same base model, but it's more noticeable on the Blastclaw), and it happens without the cockpits too, just less visible.

Keep in mind that I'm no modder and this was done for personal use, feel free to use it or modify it.
In any case, if someone wants to give feedback it would be greatly appreciated.

craftomega
x4

Post by craftomega » Sat, 27. Jul 19, 17:47

I am trying to change the amounts the hub costs since its using the TC hub plot. I went in and changed the amounts in the .xml file and then advanced the quest. But the amounts stayed the same. How do I change the amounts?
Even when I used the plot manager they did not update. I changed all the values in the xml file to this.

Code: Select all

<set_value exact="1" name="L2M007.WareMultiplier" />
<set_value exact="1" name="L2M007.CrystalMultiplier" />
<set_value exact="3" name="L2M007.ChipMultiplier" />
*Edit Fixed it but I don't understand

Ok I managed to fix it, but I still dont understand why it was being a pain.
No matter what I did the

<set_value exact="1" name="L2M007.WareMultiplier" />
Stayed the same in game, even though I changed the number. (100 instead of 1)

In the end I had to remove all instances of

[Number]*{value@L2M007.WareModifier}
Then it finally worked. (To be clear I didnt remove the number, just the value multiplier)

craftomega
x4

Post by craftomega » Sun, 28. Jul 19, 03:51

Ok. Here is a partial fix to allow for searching on the Universe. Simply it removes the color from the first 3 letters to allow the find sector function to work. Just place the files in \addon\t\.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/juvwho1x9 ... x.rar/file

There are issues I am not comfortable dealing with as I am completely ignorant of the references that are being made. Currently there are a bunch of sectors that I cannot find to fix. I am guessing they are in a dat or are being made by a script. But this will have to do for now.

More complex explanation.
Spoiler
Show
80% or so of the colors are coming from 0001-L044.xml. 10% are coming from 7027-L044.xml, and the 0ther 10% are magic.

So firstly I found a pattern to 70% of them, so I made a simple console script to fix it for me. Most of the ones in 0001-L044.xml were the same.

EX:
<t id="1020101">\033GKingdom End\033X</t>
<t id="1020101">Kin\033Ggdom End\033X</t>

Code:

class Program
    {
        static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            Write();
        }

static void Write()
        {
            int counter = 0;
            string line;
            bool replace = false;

StreamReader file = new StreamReader(@"c:\0001-L044-O.xml");
            StreamWriter sw = new StreamWriter(@"c:\0001-L044.xml");
            while ((line = file.ReadLine()) != null)
            {
                System.Console.WriteLine(line);

if (line.Contains("Sectornames"))
                {
                    replace = true;
                }
                if (line.Contains("</page>"))
                {
                    replace = false;
                }

if (replace)
                {
                    if (!line.Contains("{") && !line.Contains("Sectornames") && line.Contains("033"))
                    {
                        string color = line.Remove(22);
                        color = color.Substring(17);

string front = line.Remove(17);
                        string end = line.Substring(22); 
                        line = front + end;
                        line = line.Insert(20, color);

}
                }
                counter++;
                sw.WriteLine(line);
            }

file.Close();
            Console.WriteLine("There were {0} lines.", counter);
            Console.ReadLine();
        }
    }
The next part was a bloody nightmare. I had to do a bunch of them manually, whether its single references, multi-references references, and even multi-file references. Frankly the entire 0001-L044.xml needs to be rewritten, and I don't understand the code well enough to do it.

flightschooldropout
x4

Post by flightschooldropout » Sun, 28. Jul 19, 20:27

craftomega, thanks for working on lxxrm. much appreciated!

craftomega
x4

Post by craftomega » Thu, 1. Aug 19, 21:14

Ok. So I managed to fix the rest of the sectors colors without breaking things. I did not add color to sectors that did not have any.
Install \x3 terran conflict\addon\t\
Overwrite as needed.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jf1zrzdoh ... 1.rar/file

I also made a change to the CAG/CLS1/CLS2 to not require navigators to use your own navigation beacons. They will now use ANY including hostile ones, they will use whatever gate or beacon is closest to there destination. (I think)
Install \x3 terran conflict\addon\scripts\
http://www.mediafire.com/file/0fzduovtd ... n.xml/file

Note: I really hate the Military Transporter script. It would be far better if you could hire directly from military outposts.

Dimasia
x3ap

Post by Dimasia » Wed, 7. Aug 19, 10:56

Good day! Im really enjoying the whole thing, saved me lots of time compiling the mods myself. Also loving the graphic changes! One small bug of sorts, The jump gates are increased in size, but the gate frame is still visibly there, which bothers me more than it probably should (the gate frame size is normal and the internal glow is twice as big and overflowing the frame). Is there a way to fix that? Im playing on Win10, its a steam copy, and i followed all instructions when installing. Thanks!

i_a_p_e_t_u_s
x3

Post by i_a_p_e_t_u_s » Thu, 8. Aug 19, 02:12

craftomega wrote:
Thu, 1. Aug 19, 21:14
Ok. So I managed to fix the rest of the sectors colors without breaking things. I did not add color to sectors that did not have any.
Install \x3 terran conflict\addon\t\
Overwrite as needed.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jf1zrzdoh ... 1.rar/file

I also made a change to the CAG/CLS1/CLS2 to not require navigators to use your own navigation beacons. They will now use ANY including hostile ones, they will use whatever gate or beacon is closest to there destination. (I think)
Install \x3 terran conflict\addon\scripts\
http://www.mediafire.com/file/0fzduovtd ... n.xml/file

Note: I really hate the Military Transporter script. It would be far better if you could hire directly from military outposts.

Thanks craftomega those were literally the two main things that were bothering me. Loving this mod-bundle otherwise so thanks to all involved!

Gothixa

Post by Gothixa » Sat, 10. Aug 19, 19:23

None of the download links for the LxXRM 2.0 files are working. Does anybody have or know of a working download link? there was a dropbox link in this thread but this also does not work.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sat, 10. Aug 19, 20:43

Gothixa wrote:
Sat, 10. Aug 19, 19:23
None of the download links for the LxXRM 2.0 files are working. Does anybody have or know of a working download link? there was a dropbox link in this thread but this also does not work.
I had to use incognito browser (chrome) for the xrm links to work.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sat, 10. Aug 19, 20:46

I killed a couple kha'ak ships and i got an encrypted message which has kha'ak signature, but i cannot decode it.
Also my kha'ak rep increased..

Anyone knows what that might be? Is there some way to decrypt that?

Or should i just play on and it will unfold on its own?
Perhaps just a flavor thing..

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”