[Work Around] A Way To Track Down Mods/Scripts Who's Download Links Are Dead

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

RoverTX
x4

[Work Around] A Way To Track Down Mods/Scripts Who's Download Links Are Dead

Post by RoverTX » Sat, 15. Sep 18, 19:54

I have been having some good luck recently tracking down mods/scripts who's forum links are dead. So I thought I would share my methods.

When you come across a dead link you can plug it into the WayBack Machine.

If the file is small enough sometimes the Wayback Machine will have a copy. Other times it may have stored the actual storage url of the file. So while the author's site might be down, the file might still exist on DropBox, Google Drive, Amazon S3, or etc, and the WayBack Machine will have stored the redirect to it from the dead site.

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Sat, 15. Sep 18, 22:34

Oh shoot didn't see that. Sorry for the double post then.

N8M4R3
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by N8M4R3 » Sat, 15. Sep 18, 23:22

RoverTX wrote:Oh shoot didn't see that. Sorry for the double post then.
Nice i dont know about the faq to this site, so now i get a script back that i wanted :) Thanks for your double post! :wink:
Neue Erweiterung für X3 verfügbar: Farnham's Legacy | +Optional: weitere Verbesserungen im inoffiziellen Patch v1.3.14 *** Modified*** :khaak: :thumb_up:
Diese Woche im Angebot: HUD-GUI-Mix (FL) | Text-DB 0001-L049 (FL) | Textkorrekturen & Verbesserungen (FL)
Weitere Veröffentlichungen hier: N8workX
Nützliches Tool für nicht mehr vorhandene Downloads: web.archive.org
Externes Archiv für MOD/SCR Ressourcen: xdownloads.co.uk | code.google.com/archive/p/x3tcscripts/

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”