Looking for bugs in vanilla

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

SirNukes
x4

Looking for bugs in vanilla

Post by SirNukes » Wed, 7. Nov 18, 05:45

There are numerous bugs scattered around vanilla AP, but awareness of them is pretty scattered. Recently, I have been trying to put together fixes for the bugs I can remember. Could you all help me identify the various vanilla bugs? I am looking for the more concrete and fixable stuff, like buggy commands in scripts or wrong values, and not the more vague problems like autopilot crashing.

Here is my list so far:
  • The Enhanced Pericles has its npc value set to 1/10 of player value, causing its shipyard price to be 1/10 what it should be.
  • The Truelight Seeker shield reactor is ~1/10 the strength of other M6 ships. (Possibly intended?)
  • The Baldric Miner has the "Miner" tag hardcoded into the name instead of using the Miner variant code (as other Miner ships do). (Appears to have no vanilla impact since jobs can't select it either way.)
  • In the script "!lib.fleet.shipsfortarget.xml", a mispelling of 'interecept' causes M6 ships to be launched against enemy M8s instead of interceptors.
  • The 'create ship' script command used on spaceflies will also spawn a full swarm of follower spaceflies. (No effect in vanilla, but impacts some mods.)
  • Each complex construction kit used causes accumulating delay when changing sectors.
  • In "2.024 Player Corp.xml", the corporation bank balance can hit 2 billion and roll over.
  • In "2.004 Terran Plot Scene 4.xml", a wrongly constructed command is given to replacement TPs during the elephant capture step, causing them to wander to the south of the sector and preventing plot continuation if all original TPs die.
  • In "2.183 Dual Convoy.xml", the generic mission sets 4 selected stations (2 start, 2 end) invincible when the mission first is created, and clears invincibility only if the player accepts the mission, not if the mission times out without acceptance. This can both leave stations in an invincible state, as well as potentially clear invincibility set by other plots.
  • In "0.83 Dual Convoy.xml", the parameter list repeats "StartStation1" twice, where the second should be "StartStation2". This is likely benign since StartStation2 isn't actively used.
  • In "2.023 Shady Business" and perhaps other scripts, "destroy_object" and "destroy_group" commands are used on ships without considering if the player has captured them.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Re: Looking for bugs in vanilla

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Tue, 13. Nov 18, 16:35

If the player flies a Walhalla and comands another ship of any other type to jump, the player can't select jumpgates.
BP is horribly outdated which is a vanilla bug but no real problem for mod users
Xenonship have no serious value making them quite cheap to rebuild.
There was a big memory leak in some generic missions, but I guess it was fixed.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Tue, 13. Nov 18, 18:49

ubuntufreakdragon wrote:
Tue, 13. Nov 18, 16:35
If the player flies a Walhalla and comands another ship of any other type to jump, the player can't select jumpgates.
Is that for the current version of AP? I just tried it in game, and was able to give jump commands normally while piloting the Valhalla.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Thu, 15. Nov 18, 21:01

SirNukes wrote:
Tue, 13. Nov 18, 18:49
ubuntufreakdragon wrote:
Is that for the current version of AP? I just tried it in game, and was able to give jump commands normally while piloting the Valhalla.
quite some time ago I flew a Walhalla, so no idea.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

creatoxx
x3tc

Post by creatoxx » Fri, 16. Nov 18, 07:59

ubuntufreakdragon wrote:
BP is horribly outdated which is a vanilla bug but no real problem for mod users
Xenonship have no serious value making them quite cheap to rebuild.
There was a big memory leak in some generic missions, but I guess it was fixed.
Fixed by official patch?

Is there no comprehensive official changelog by the devs? Steam says X3 was last updated in autumn 2017, but I doubt they updated any gamecode... :gruebel:

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 16. Nov 18, 14:27

creatoxx wrote:
Fri, 16. Nov 18, 07:59
Steam says X3 was last updated in autumn 2017, but I doubt they updated any gamecode... :gruebel:
actually that update contained some engine code changes to improve performance

creatoxx
x3tc

Post by creatoxx » Fri, 16. Nov 18, 18:10

Cycrow wrote:
Fri, 16. Nov 18, 14:27
creatoxx wrote:
Fri, 16. Nov 18, 07:59
Steam says X3 was last updated in autumn 2017, but I doubt they updated any gamecode... :gruebel:
actually that update contained some engine code changes to improve performance
Groovy. That shows how deep support for your community goes. Probably the reason why I just preordered X4 on Steam...season pass... :mrgreen:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”