[Question]MD looped Mission objectives

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

creatoxx
x3tc

[Question]MD looped Mission objectives

Post by creatoxx » Thu, 15. Nov 18, 15:11

Hey there,

I figure there's a lot of old threads giving various input on MD, but rather than negroing them, I decided to just ask right away.

1. can someone direct me to a thread that shows how to make "looped" mission stages
2. where exactly is the difference between movie, cutscene, cinematic and (spoken) text? Or, to be more precise...which one do I need to make a conversation
to show up on my board computer? Like an actor automatically talking to me, when I come close to a specific object?

I'll explain what I want to achieve:

I want to create a reoccuring mission "system", for Litcubes, allowing the player to make credits via exploring the galaxy. So for example:

1. every newly jumped to or knowen sector = +1000
2. every fully explored sector = +500 bonus
3. specific finds = +??? depending on mission difficulty

Nr. 3 would be special in regard to a non reoccuring system. It should basically serve as a "plot line". Nr. 1 would be finalized when the last of all sectors has been found.
Nr. 2 if any static object inside sectors has been scanned, and maybe even docked to.

creatoxx
x3tc

Re: [Question]MD looped Mission objectives

Post by creatoxx » Fri, 16. Nov 18, 08:42

Figured the first one out as well. You either want to use instantiation, or simply use <reset_cue>. Instantiation seems tricky, so, for now, I'll stay away from this.

Still haven't figured where is the exact difference in medias? Spoken text does not automatically inject communication partners display on your HUD.

Is there not a tutorial for conversations using communication?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”