[X3LU] Wargasm OCV Mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Lyth
x4

[X3LU] Wargasm OCV Mod

Post by Lyth » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 05:06

Background:
I Discovered LU in 2016, loved it and played a few rounds, then I got stuck into Mayhem and loved that too but it was the satellite monitoring mod that revolutionised X3 for me so made this mod to go in the opposite direction, nothing worse than building a huge empire and multiple fleets then having nothing to do with them. Posting this as it is easier than dealing with individual messages and gives a base build I can add too if other items become available.

Main:
This is an RTS War Mod for X3LU. There is too much happening for you to do alone, success is best found by managing an Empire and fleets.
You will be assuming the role of Supreme Commander for the Galactic Defence Fleet, charged with the sole purpose of stopping the OCV from conquering the galaxy.
Adds the Xenon Sphere/Hub to the OCV race and the ability to create autonomous fleets. You can and will lose with this mod if you don't prepare for war.
You will need to keep the economies of each race going in addition to defending them, the OCV will attempt to disrupt everything.

1. Increases OCV aggression.
2. Adds Xenon Sphere/Hub to the OCV race.
3. Adds three fleets to the OCV race.

The Hub: OCV Forward Operating Base.
It will start auto connecting to the OCV Channel right away, doubling their rate of conquest along it until they own it, at that point it is relocated to the end of the channel and will start looking for weak sectors in the NW, SE and SW corners or any neutral sectors to add to the conquer list. Once beach-heads are made or the OCV have conquered enough sectors it will start to become more aggressive until it fully detaches and ontop of all the sectors the OCV connect too you also have to worry about a free ranging Hub adding 6 new targets to that list, if you can put up enough resistance it will relocate to a weaker location is the only advice I can give. This functions as a secondary homebase for the OCV, they will go to great lengths to protect this self sustaining mobile fortress. Unless you can keep the fight in the OCV Channel, there is no way to predict it's movements, it will just adapt to your actions and those of the races. Forcing them back into the channel or isolating them into pockets to deal with, will work well.

Fleets:
The OCV sectors now have ship building options once they have built their defences in addition to all the standard stuff, the front systems build for invasion and the rear sectors build ships for the fleet in practice, these pool into one of three fleets that will attack any sector on the conquer list (Adjacent to an OCV sector), they take time to build up but they will support the basic invasions and they use a separate race list so you can end up with an entire fleet gunning for you if you are really, really unfortunate. Aslong as you chip away at them and don't let them get too large and work with the race response fleets you should be okay otherwise expect a very difficult fight. These are elite fleets, far superior to the basic ships available to the OCV and cost the OCV alot more to produce than the regular ships.

Important:
This mod only works with Litcubes universe which is required and any mod that worked with vanilla LU will work with this unless it effects the OCV race or files and the universe map.
Expect some large fleet battles, this may cause frame rate to drop on some sectors if you are in-system.

Joubarbe's mods Satellite monitoring and ADS changes are essential for this (not required), you will want the intel and rapid response.
If you add new columns in Sat monitoring to toggle defend sector for ADS, send wings to reinforce and a Conquer button to send the player fleet - it will go smoother and turn sat mon into your tactical monitor.

Summary:
All OCV info can be tracked with basic debug info including current connected gates and fleet information to make sure everything is working, this will ofcourse be cheating if you leave it on but your game.
This is war, no trick is too underhanded, do whatever you need to survive and stop the OCV.

Other Stuff:
That's the basic stuff above, is more to the full package but I edited a lot of other mods for personal use and put them in a single menu system for easy Empire, Fleet and Logistics management.
Everything is sort of tied up together so no idea how I will do that if anyone wants it as I only have permission to share about half of it but if I can I will, the modified Saturn Complex Hubs, PHQ, ADS, satellite manager, complex builder and fleet builders really helped me a lot to save time and effort.
Phanon will be default. (Currently disabled, may add separately - they are working with the OCV and have a stealth ship piloted by their CEO, (Requires visual targeting to locate/destroy and jumps to a new sector when it takes damage, royal pain in the rump to kill.) it hunts in the pirate sectors which they use to capture small ships and launch attacks on the players assets once the carrier is full.)

Package:
Will add files when I get a chance, just doing what I can, when I can. I need to edit out some stuff then will upload: Will edit this as I go in between X4.
I've spent over 150 hours using this mod but I will want to make sure it still runs fine without the Empire management stuff and with any game updates that have happened in the last 2 years.

Credits:
Credit to Egosoft for X3, Litcube and all those that helped with LU and Joubarbe for his work on his LU mods, without which this wouldn't exist.

Todo List/Known Bugs: No known bugs.
0. Listen to feedback.
1. Remove all other mod files.
2. Put the import/Export function back in. (???)
3. 24 hour test.
4. Pack & Release.

Add: If anyone has a better name for this mod, open to all suggestions. I never gave it a seconds thought until I was about to post and went err...
Take it easy, If you can't - Take it by force.

Lyth
x4

Re: [X3LU] Wargasm OCV Mod

Post by Lyth » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 08:32

Separated the files, testing should be done by the weekend.

Add: Guilty confession, I got obsessed with X4, between testing or gaming last weekend I thought sod it, I'll game, no one is pestering me for this, I'll do it next weekend... next weekend has arrived.
If no one is gonna bug me for this, just gonna game and get around to finishing the testing asap. So close to taking over the entire galaxy in X4. Will get this done then or when someone wants this.
Take it easy, If you can't - Take it by force.

Tears
x3ap

Post by Tears » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 21:41

This sounds like an interesting way to change the gameplay of LU. Although it'd be very useful to have all of the mods you use packaged together and set up as intended. Otherwise the less mod-savvy of us will likely have issues setting it up properly.

I'm currently playing Mayhem but I'd be quite interested in seeing how this mod extension works also.. Also consider this your poke to release it to the rest of us. ;)

glaucon
x4

Post by glaucon » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 12:48

sounds good. I would be happy to try!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”