What is the best X3 game including mods/overhauls

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TheSauvaaage

What is the best X3 game including mods/overhauls

Post by TheSauvaaage » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 11:34

Hello there!

So, as X4 is still unpolished, I'm going to shelve it for now.

But I am itching to get a start in X3, but I am a bit confused as to what mods to install to get the "best" version of it...
- graphically
- most complex content (trading, fleet management, cockpits etc.)

It is a bit overwhelming to see all those mods and versions, but so far I narrowed it down to
- x³ Albion Prelude
+ Litcube Universe Mod
+ maybe (?) "A New Dawn" mod

Am I on the right track?

Which of these do include the cockpits?

Is HOTAS (TM Warthog) supported?

Thanks for your support!

dreamer2008
x4

Re: What is the best X3 game including mods/overhauls

Post by dreamer2008 » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 13:33

The best mods are XRM, Litcube's Universe and Mayhem. XRM is good if you like the single ship aspect, but it gets laggy towards the end game (I saw a mod pack that supposedly fixes that, but haven't tried it ). If you want to play the original plots then XRM + Terran Conflict plots for Albion prelude is the way to go.

If you want empire building with an end goal of defeating two big enemies, Litube's Universe is amazing. The performance is better than that of the vanilla game. If you want better graphics get IEX and LU's patch for it. Also x3 resurrection mod adds new eye candy and has patches for both.

Mayhem is awesome as well, but you should try it after you have beaten the two enemies of LU. Mayhem takes empire building to the next level, making you into an empire on equal standing to the races in the game.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”