Help: Changing the Music of the Breaking Grounds Player Sector

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Aseron
x4

Help: Changing the Music of the Breaking Grounds Player Sector

Post by Aseron » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 01:11

The title says it all: how do I change the music of the player sector given by the Breaking Grounds plot?

Thinking about it, a script that allows you to change the music affiliated with a certain unknown sector (giving the sector music options you could change it to as a list, or just by selecting the sector on the map) would be really great.

But for me, right now, all I want to do is change the player sector's soundtrack to the same one used by Kingdom End.

The Kingdom End soundtrack file is the soundtrack file 08101. I assume that if I make a copy of that file and rename it to whatever soundtrack file is affiliated with the player sector, I will have accomplished my goal of changing that specific sector's music.
The issue is that I have no idea what music file is associated with the player sector -- not for lack of looking.

If anyone knows which mp3 file I need to change, or if there is another method that does not involve copying so much as altering whatever file associates a sector to it's music file, please share.

As a sidenote, the thing that XRM used in the director file:
<find_sector name="BHS" x="15" y="6"/>
<alter_sector sector="BHS" music="9001"/>
Will not work because even though you have the coordinates (x=12, y=4) you actually rename the sector. Unless I am mis-reading this, and the name associated with the find_sector is an arbitrary variable not hard-coded in to associate with a specific sector.

If the "name" variable is arbitrary, would adding something like this into a director file work?
<find_sector name="PlayerSector" x="12" y="4"/>
<alter_sector sector="PlayerSector" music="8101"/>

SirNukes
x4

Re: Help: Changing the Music of the Breaking Grounds Player Sector

Post by SirNukes » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 22:43

For the Change_Music option in X3 Customizer, it looks like I had success with just "<alter_sector x="..." y="..." music="..."/>", dropping that into a small MD script.

Aseron
x4

Post by Aseron » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 06:12

I tried it your way:
<alter_sector x="12" y="4" music="8101"/>
It did not work for me.

I managed to get it to work with another sector (Unknown Sector 17-11), but for some reason I still cannot get it to work with the player sector. The player sector's Coordinates are x=12 y=4, correct?

If so, then I can't for the life of me figure out why this works:
<find_sector name="UnknownResourceSector" x="17" y="11"/>
<alter_sector sector="UnknownResourceSector" music="9005"/>

when this doesn't:
<find_sector name="BreakingGrounds" x="12" y="4"/>
<alter_sector sector="BreakingGrounds" music="8101"/>

As a sidenote: the audio file 09005 is part of XRM. It also does not work if I try to change the music in the player sector to that music either.
As a second sidenote, from comparing it to the different audio files, I have found that the player sector uses the audio file 08700. I am going to replace that with kingdom end, and see if that works.

Aseron
x4

Post by Aseron » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 07:16

Replacing the Audio File 08700 with a copy of 08101 did the trick :D

I now get to listen to Kingdom End's beautiful soundtrack in an equally beautiful home sector.

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 09:06

Just in case you aren't aware, alter_sector changes won't show up right away if you load a save right into the modified sector, since the old values are stored in the save. Leave and reenter the sector to refresh it.

Swapping music files works, but will affect any sector using the replaced music.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”