Getting a list of wares and Prices

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

CaplinCaplin
x3ap

Getting a list of wares and Prices

Post by CaplinCaplin » Mon, 21. Jan 19, 15:33

Hi All,

I'm trying to do something I'm guessing should be fairly simple. I want to output to a debug log a list of the wares available for purchase, or which can be sold, with their quantities and prices. This is going to be helpful for me when doing manual trading, as I can't currently read the price list or quantities very well with my screen reader.

The "get tradable ware array…" command seems as though it might be a promising place to start, but I'm not sure if that is limited to what's currently in stock, or in the ship's cargo bay, I suppose. I want to mirror what comes up when I press the "d," key as much as possible at this stage, and just output all that in a reasonable format to the debug log. Ideally this would be done whenever I docked and started trading with a new station, perhaps clearing the log each time.

Any tips on where to start doing this would be very much appreciated. I find the MSCI scrip reference kind of intimidating. The trade price issue is honestly my second biggest accessibility hurdle a the moment, probably only exceeded by missions. Thanks much for any advice.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”