Help with X3 Menus and Memory

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

CaplinCaplin
x3ap

Help with X3 Menus and Memory

Post by CaplinCaplin » Mon, 27. May 19, 20:55

Hi ALl,

I've recently been getting back into my project of making X3 playable for the blind. I discovered a program which might help a LOT with some tasks that are currently rather difficult, such as reading menus and allowing me to fly combat without needing to see the screen.

The program is Sonifight. It has memory address watching abilities among other features, but the actual process of finding these things is not very easy as a blind gamer.

I wondered if any of the modding community had used Cheat Engine or a similar tool to do this kind of work already? I'm not really sure what the X3 memory structures look like, but had hoped that something like voicing the current menu option or trade prices or whatever should be fairly simple.

Edit: I also posted on the CHeat ENgine forums, and the reply I got there wasn't particularly encouraging. I just wish my screen reader OCR were more reliable, but as it stands now I'm a little hamstrung in certain areas, and it's disheartening.

Thanks for any help with this. :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”