Mayhem Video Series [complete] – Epic Empire Building, Dynamic Wars, New Fleet System

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

pref
x4

Re: Mayhem Video Series (X3)– Epic Empire Building, Dynamic Wars, New Fleet System

Post by pref » Fri, 12. Jul 19, 15:11

How bad the OCV is?

I had a litcube playthrough some time ago, and while the tools and the whole framework was really nice it did not leave me much time to just fool around and spend hours on stuff not related to prep for the next attack. Is it similar here?

Hector0x
x3tc

Re: Mayhem Video Series (X3)– Epic Empire Building, Dynamic Wars, New Fleet System

Post by Hector0x » Fri, 12. Jul 19, 15:42

pref wrote:
Fri, 12. Jul 19, 15:11
I had a litcube playthrough some time ago, and while the tools and the whole framework was really nice it did not leave me much time to just fool around and spend hours on stuff not related to prep for the next attack. Is it similar here?
To be honest with you, you probably have even less time :)
But was the OCV in Litcube really that fast? I remember them needing days to even get out of the Omycron Channel. I always thought it would require them weeks, or maybe months of gametime to take over everything, because they only have one place to get resources from.

Mayhem is less sandboxy, because it requires you to start building your empire right away. In my opinion there is still plenty of downtime, but if LU was uncomfortably pressuring for your taste, Mayhem might not be the mod for you.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Fri, 12. Jul 19, 16:08

Hector0x wrote:
Fri, 12. Jul 19, 15:42
But was the OCV in Litcube really that fast? I remember them needing days to even get out of the Omycron Channel. I always thought it would require them weeks, or maybe months of gametime to take over everything, because they only have one place to get resources from.
Iirc it was significantly faster, but it was probably more then a year ago, might be pacing changed since then.

I choked them at their entrance to commonwealth, and in a couple hours a new strong wave appeared every time as i recall. Had 4 SY with supoort plexes and i needed that production to feel safe.

captainyesterday555
x3ap

Post by captainyesterday555 » Fri, 12. Jul 19, 17:49

I believe you can disable/modify the OCV in Mayhem. I've never bothered to mess with it because the OCV hasn't been a huge pain. (L)OWP's are very useful.
Que sais-je?

mcal9909
x3tc

Post by mcal9909 » Sat, 13. Jul 19, 13:54

captainyesterday555 wrote:
Fri, 12. Jul 19, 17:49
I believe you can disable/modify the OCV in Mayhem. I've never bothered to mess with it because the OCV hasn't been a huge pain. (L)OWP's are very useful.
Yep, you can even change the threat level required to trigger them. There are many things that can be customized in Mayhem.
9972-L044.xml has a big list with descriptions, found in the folders addon/t/

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sat, 13. Jul 19, 18:39

Thanks!

Now that i think of it my last game was a bit after rebirth came out, so it was much more then a year :D
If it's that easy to customise it can't be an issue anyway.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”