Scripts Going Missing

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Castor

Scripts Going Missing

Post by Castor » Tue, 23. Jul 19, 13:33

Hey.

As in the title. I could have saved my game after modifying or adding scripts and on reloading some of the ones I have made could have changed (reverted back to previous iterations, it seems), or disappeared entirely. Is there something I'm unaware of causing it or is it a bug?

Many thanks.

EDIT:
So on closer inspection, one of my other scripts was made to call a script that seemed to disappear, and of course, when you set up a call script command, you have to pick from a list of available scripts to call. The script(s) that seemed to disappear from my normal editor menu are still displayed in the list of scripts that are available to call. What gives? I've restarted the game, reloaded the save game, loaded a different save game...still not showing up.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Scripts Going Missing

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 23. Jul 19, 17:09

Scripts not being saved usually happens when you reference a specific object (i.e. specific station or ship rather than a class, type or constant) that may not be present anymore after saving/loading.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”