[Mayhem] Star Wars for Mayhem (Experimental)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

XenonArchitect7

[Mayhem] Star Wars for Mayhem (Experimental)

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Sat, 3. Aug 19, 06:55

Star Wars for Mayhem (Experimental)
Alpha Version: A-5

Author: XenonArchitect7

* Note: Currently unstable on Windows 7 for unknown reasons

What's Included?
This is a patch for Joubarbe's Mayhem 2.9.12 that adds Star Wars content from my SWLU mod. It needs to be installed on top of an existing Mayhem installation.

Content ported over from SWLU:
- All ~200 SWLU ships (all vanilla ships still in the game)
- Laser re-skins
- Laser sound effects
- Engine and other sound effects
- NPC portraits (bugged animations)
- NPCs only use star wars ships
- Loading screens
- Custom turrets and hangar objects
- Cockpits (only for SWLU ships)

Testers Needed!
The patch is still in early Alpha. Expect game-breaking bugs, crashes, or other errors. Since Mayhem is a massive mod with a lot of unique mechanics, a lot of testing needs to be done to ensure that Mayhem content still works normally. Also note that SWLU is an incomplete mod on its own, so there are some ships that are unbalanced, low-quality, with the wrong docking capacity sizes, and so on. These ship issues are shared with SWLU, and are not the focus of this forum.

Things to look out for when testing:
- Major imbalances or oversights: prices, stats, resources required to build ships, etc.
- Any Mayhem standards that the SWLU ships don't conform to. For example, if they don't hold the correct number of marines for their class (although Joubarbe's marine system doesn't appear to use the TShips "volume" property like the vanilla boarding system does)
- Any and all Mammoths that appear in places where they should not
- Broken ship models (clearly broken, not just low quality)
- Anything Mayhem-related that used to work without the patch that is now broken
- NPCs using ships besides those on the exclusion list (included in download)
- Do all ships have the correct pre-installed equipment (for Mayhem)?
- Anything else that just doesn't feel right. Feel free to bring it up on the forum. If you don't know if something you see in the game is correct or not, please ask. I can clarify whether it is a bug or if it is working as intended.

Download Link (A-5):
Install instructions included in download files
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1F2u2I ... sB6Pq-nsPb

Russian Translation by alexalsp:
Note that this needs to be installed on the russian version of Mayhem
Это русский перевод, сделанный alexalsp. Он должен быть установлен на русской версии Mayhem.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... 9ZXksD34U8

Changelog:
Version A-5 (Aug 25, 2019)
- Fixed all star wars ships not having maxed out rudder, engine, and cargo stats
- Moved 9700-L044.xml outside of the cat/dat directories
- All vanilla ships now belong to Xenon. Might as well use them in the game.
- Fixed PRG, EBC, PBG using wrong sound effects
- Fixed all lasers with wrong impact and launch effects (muzzle flash colors)

Version A-4 (Aug 15, 2019)
- Angrybiscit's ship price and resource costs rebalance
- Huge thanks to Angrybiscit!

Version A-3 (Aug 10, 2019)
- Removed WareLists.txt to avoid potential conflicts
- Space suit restored to clunky Mayhem version
- Equipment removed from space suit
- Re-did TShips
- All Mayhem ships restored to original stats
- All star wars ships retain their unfinished balancing from version A-2
- Cloned some Terran star wars TS ships for the ATF race due to Mayhem's use of ATF traders
- Expanded exclusion list to include all variants of ships of excluded class
- Re-distributed all ships from "friendly race" to other races
- I don't know why, but sanctuaries are working again?
- Removed all custom jobs, restored to Mayhem default
- Please report any vanilla ships you see that aren't on the exclusion list
- OTAS traders, Terran TLs, and race flagships are the prime suspects
- Moved all star wars ship names to new file 9700-L044.xml
- Added a script to load the text: setup.SWLU.gametext
- Removed ware/race renaming
- Doubled the range (lifetime, not speed) of all lasers... This will be an optional feature in the future, but let me know how it affects performance

Version A-2 (Aug 3, 2019)
- Removed troublesome audio files

Version A-1 (Aug 2, 2019)
- Removed all of the SWLU prototype ships
- Removed the SWLU repair ships
- Removed the SWLU Debug X-Wing
- Ebon Hawk (TS) changed from Kha'ak to Yaki and now has regular stats (no longer unique and overpowered)
- Fixed missions spawning vanilla pirate ships
- Fixed repair laser on space suit (not supposed to have it)
- Space suit now has video enhancement goggles, SETA, and trade system extension at all times
- Space suit mobility remains enhanced like in SWLU
- Removed all star wars ships from Goner faction, they all belong to Teladi and Boron now, with the Goner retaining their vanilla ships
- Fixed missing textures on CR-25 Freighter

Known Issues:
Known issues in version A-5:
- Ship model issues carried over from SWLU
- Starter ships not changed to SW ships yet
- OWP weapons not Mayhem standard

My Ideas for Future Versions (besides stability/balance):
- Star Wars ships for gamestarts
- Give the player 1000 salvage insurance at game start
- Double laser range like in SWLU as optional file
- New main menu overhaul (different than SWLU's menu)
- Implement a reliable way to allow the player to obtain vanilla TS, TM, TP, TL ships

Please note that development will be a lot slower than Mayhem due to me still needing to focus on SWLU and being quite busy in real life. I will try to update on a weekly or monthly basis if possible, but this project will probably become outdated fairly quickly due to how fast Joubarbe updates Mayhem.

Special thanks to these awesome people:
- Joubarbe - Mayhem mod author
- Darth Fiscus (Hector0x) - For hosting the announcement video on YouTube and Mayhem insight
- Tormox - SWLU 3D model work
- MikSka - Original ship models and author of Star Wars Reborn
- Litcube - Litcube's Universe mod lead author
- PSCO1 - Cockpit mod author
- Angrybiscit - Re-balancing for Mayhem stats
- alexalsp - Russian tranlation
Last edited by XenonArchitect7 on Wed, 8. Jan 20, 19:00, edited 26 times in total.

Angrybiscit
x3ap

Re: [Mayhem] Star Wars for Mayhem (Experimental)

Post by Angrybiscit » Mon, 5. Aug 19, 18:02

Certainly excited to get back in this more with the newer patches. For some reason it just seems like so much more fun with the SW ships in there. Plus its remarkably stable so far.

I would second the idea of removing the ware-renaming. Although fun, it seems like it bleeds over into so many other menus. Plus it would help with the confusion from new players and all relevant info would be correct from the video tutorial series still.

From my brief time with the first release I noticed 2 things.
One: All stations were a bit cheaper for ore and teladianium while E-cells seemed to be about the same. ( I will verify this one for sure)

Two: Holy xenon invasions batman. Watching a rebel sector I saw it become completely infested with xenon, at one point there was 120 of them in there. The waves were getting destroyed quite regularly but as soon as they were more would warp in to take their place. Fortunately it also seems like the faction response scripts were working because appropriate forces came in to counter all of them. Don't get me wrong, I loved the amount of devastation as normally the xenon like a nuisance but not a threat, but the frequency of the waves seemed like different behavior than I saw before. Wondering if the prices were lower for xenons so that allowed them to build forces more quickly or something. (again, once I download the new patch I'll double check that behavior again too.)

I realize this feedback isn't the most helpful, just wanted to let you know i'm testing it regularly :)

XenonArchitect7

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Mon, 5. Aug 19, 20:08

Thanks for giving it a try, I appreciate your help. There are two main files from SWLU that don't work in Mayhem: TDocks.xml and Jobs.xml. I think they override Joubarbe's stuff and therefore mess up all the stations. The Xenon apocalypse is due to Jobs.xml, which inadvertently introduces normal Xenon/Pirate behavior from Litcube on top of Mayhem's reworked invasion systems. I'm going to try again but I'll add my stuff to Joubarbe's existing files rather than replace them with my own.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 5. Aug 19, 20:24

Yeah, what's the deal with the txt files? Do they "add" things, or overwrite them? If they overwrite, which I think they do, you've got some various problems :) For instance, a lot of ships appear in the Enemy Race race, and neither LU or Mayhem will use them.

XenonArchitect7

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Mon, 5. Aug 19, 21:47

The enemy race thing was actually my solution for keeping the vanilla ships in the game while making it so NPCs only use star wars ships. All the identifiers like SS_SH_A_M4_ELITE are completely unchanged, so any files, missions, scripts, or map file strings that reference them don't result in missing ID errors. Since the races only have star wars ships assigned to them, they can only populate their fleets from their pool of SW ships. It works pretty well in SWLU at least. Litcube hard-coded the vanilla ship types that populate the Omicron Channel sectors in LU, so my solution allows them to exist and work normally despite the rest of the galaxy using star wars ships. I tried a lot of other ways before coming up with this method, and I don't forsee any issues.

Angrybiscit
x3ap

Post by Angrybiscit » Tue, 6. Aug 19, 19:10

Are the calculations for required ship materials just based on the price of each ship in credits? I'm curious because then it would be easy to compare ships from vanilla mayhem to the star wars ships.

(Also I love how I just thought "vanilla" mayhem. Mod of a Mod of a Mod.)

XenonArchitect7

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Tue, 6. Aug 19, 19:31

Yes, I am 90% sure that is how it works. Know that presently, ship balance is a complete placeholder mess, and will require the most work to fine-tune. First I am going to get everything stable and working correctly.

Angrybiscit
x3ap

Post by Angrybiscit » Tue, 6. Aug 19, 19:38

XenonArchitect7 wrote:
Tue, 6. Aug 19, 19:31
Yes, I am 90% sure that is how it works. Know that presently, ship balance is a complete placeholder mess, and will require the most work to fine-tune. First I am going to get everything stable and working correctly.
No worries! I was wondering so that I could also spot potential trouble areas for you as I am playing. I haven't gotten any crashes so I was trying to find other ways to help :) Mostly i'm just playing as I would normally and seeing what the behaviour of the game is like.

MattTheDamon

Post by MattTheDamon » Wed, 7. Aug 19, 01:36

Thanks for working on this. I was having fun with mayhem but missed sw so much from the game.

Im pretty new to the x series so forgive me if this stuff is common knowledge or I dont know what im talking about.

So one thing I have noticed is I cannot buy any ships. Like there are no random pilots wanting to sell their ships. Makes it very difficult to setup an economy in mayhem.

When I build a station and have an advanced sat in the system I cant switch to 3d mode and rotate the station for placement.

Seems to be more difficult to find bailed ships then in mayhem.

Angrybiscit
x3ap

Post by Angrybiscit » Wed, 7. Aug 19, 03:31

@MattTheDamon

I agree, the SW version of mayhem was something I didn't anticipate liking so much more!

1. Buying Ships - Mayhem has completely removed the ability to buy ships from NPC shipyards. However if you go to the "Ministry of War" menu (needs to be assigned key if you haven't already) there is a section called "Companies". You can page through the 7 different companies and at the bottom they will have ships for sale. This was a great resource for me to get a explorer up and running.

2. There are actually a lot of bailed ships still in mayhem, that is currently my main source of income as I start out my empire, currently up to 33mil from ships. When I first started I bought some advanced sats and put them in sectors I thought would have the most action, basically sectors that are bordering xenon/pirate sectors so that there are fights happening on a regular basis.
example: https://imgur.com/a/x9XMP5h

3."3d mode" I too have noticed this, if you want to use that mode you have to be in sector for it work. Not sure if thats a mayhem limitation as its not something I ever used in Vanilla or Litcubes.

4. Resources:
- The in-game Encyclopedia has a ton of helpful information at the bottom that specifically pertains to Mayhem, worth the read for sure.
- This youtube series by Darth Fiscus is amazing, its not the the Star wars version of Mayhem but everything should relate very closely.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... r_marXo4RQ

Let me know if you have any other questions :)

XenonArchitect7

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Wed, 7. Aug 19, 03:59

If you are new to the X-series, why are you testing an experimental build of an unstable mod for Mayhem, a hardcore overhaul of LU :P ? Let's keep all discussion on this forum mostly about bugs or issues with the current Star Wars for Mayhem build. Thank you AngryBiscit for helping out. MattTheDamon, if you are new to Mayhem, please go ahead and play the normal mod first, this is just an experimental patch for testing purposes only! It will be undergoing development and will be released once it is stable. You can also check out Darth Fiscus's Mayhem tutorial series on youtube to learn more. If you are seeking a more casual and straightforward experience, check out SWLU for Litcube's Universe.

Angrybiscit
x3ap

Post by Angrybiscit » Wed, 7. Aug 19, 16:13

1.Fairly simple problem, looks like some of the OCV ships dont have the correct names attached.

2. I visited the goners early on and got the message that they sent me the ranger blueprint, but it never actually happened. Perhaps in the future if you could figure it out it would grant the Jedi Starship as it servers nearly an identical role?

XenonArchitect7

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Wed, 7. Aug 19, 17:24

The #Deca terraformer ships were added to the OCV roster by Joubarbe if I'm not mistaken. Is that what you are referring to?

I'll look into the Rangar thing. Sounds like a bug. There are like 5 identical Delta 7s (different colors) so perhaps I can modify the script to give you all of them.

Sinnerman49
x3

Post by Sinnerman49 » Wed, 7. Aug 19, 23:42

This looks awesome, can't wait to try it out.

MattTheDamon

Post by MattTheDamon » Thu, 8. Aug 19, 01:27

New as in 140 hours. Most of which are of mayhem. The things I listed I thought may be bugs. I was just testing because you asked for testers for bugs and feedback so I was just gonna try to help. I have watched fiscus series thats how I found out about this.

Thanks angrybiscit for the reply. I didnt know you could purchase ships from companies. I have the same strat with sats except I use them to find ships for my fleet. I was comparing to my mayhem pplaythru. In reg mayhem I found ships for sale from the pilots themselves using comms galore.You know from the sector list of ships with the money icon next to them. Even at stations comms. But I have not found any so far in my sw/mayhem play thats why I thought was a bug and reported it. I knew shipyards ships were removed and you can buy rights then purchase ships thru diplomacy.

I have not found many bailed ships but I have found some so maybe its just to early yet.

The 3d mode I was in the sector with my ship undocked and had a sat in range of me and the spot I was deploying and still could not rotate or see my station. I reported this I thought could be a bug.

Anyway I said I was new cause I felt new compared to people who been playing for 10 yrs. Thanks for releasing it to everyone tho so that I can play it in the shadows and follow along. I really enjoy all 3 of the mods so thanks to all.Ill let the vets help out from now on I didnt mean to clutter up your post just wanted to clarify a bit.

gl on the mod and thanks!

XenonArchitect7

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Thu, 8. Aug 19, 02:09

No worries! Thanks for your willingness to help. I run into the same problems with SWLU all the time, where people think a Litcube quirk/bug is due to SWLU instead. I don't expect everyone to know 100% of Mayhem's vast feature list.

When you mention 3D mode, are you referring to the live camera feed mode for advanced satellites, where you can look downward through the map screen and see the sector fully rendered? Or are you talking about selecting a position to place a sanctuary? You can move a station's deploy position with numpad 8,4,6,2. In vanilla/Litcube you could also rotate it with numpad 7,9,1,3 before placing it as well. I don't know if you can do that in Mayhem because I think station placement is done through scripts rather than the vanilla system when you deploy from a TL.

MattTheDamon

Post by MattTheDamon » Thu, 8. Aug 19, 03:25

Its for the sanctuary and stations. When you go to place them and hit the camera button. Yeah I was meaning the 7,9,3,1 rotation. So yeah I guess I never tried that in mayhem even tho I knew about it. On this playthru I was wanting better placement of my stations so I went to try it. Sounds like its normal tho so sorry for that.

temetvince
x4

Post by temetvince » Thu, 8. Aug 19, 05:00

MattTheDamon wrote:
Thu, 8. Aug 19, 03:25
Its for the sanctuary and stations. When you go to place them and hit the camera button. Yeah I was meaning the 7,9,3,1 rotation. So yeah I guess I never tried that in mayhem even tho I knew about it. On this playthru I was wanting better placement of my stations so I went to try it. Sounds like its normal tho so sorry for that.
That is broken in vanilla mayhem as well. Dang, feels weird to say vanilla on the forum of a mod of a mod of a mod. :D

XenonArchitect7, I played this last night and am about to start again tonight. Awesome work. Starting with the normal race ships makes me want to sell them asap to get the star wars ships, though.

Been looking forward to exploring this mod more all day.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 8. Aug 19, 07:58

- You can buy used ships from Companies in Mayhem. It's from 2.9.0 IIRC (vanilla ship selling "missions" have been removed).
- Rotation only works when you build a station from the vanilla system, which is dropping a station from a ship. Then you've got a hardcoded interface in which you can see a "ghost" version of your future station. Impossible to do with the Sanctuary system.

Sinnerman49
x3

Post by Sinnerman49 » Thu, 8. Aug 19, 20:50

My first time checking out the SW ships for X3 - amazing, cheated in an ISD on a separate clean install and that's pretty epic.

Question: I'm assuming a new gamestart is required, as in, I can't just install this over an existing LU Mayhem playthrough and expect it to work fine.

Normal for some models to have no textures? Spawned at Imperial YT-2400 and it was un-textured.

Thanks again for doing this, really looking forward to a stable/balanced version!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”