question about modifying ships from swlu mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

gatekeeper8

question about modifying ships from swlu mod

Post by gatekeeper8 » Thu, 22. Aug 19, 12:34

so i am trying to modify one of the ships from the swlu mod but have run into problems right out of the gate. specifically i am trying to buff the resurgent so i can use it as a flag ship for my fleet and the issue i am having is the plugin managers ship importer tool is unable to find any ships when i select any of the cat files. i have never modified any ships in x3 before so i may be out of my league here but any help would be appreciated. so far i have tried merging all the cat files into one since i noticed the ship files were spread out between them and i have tried waiting for around 15-20 minutes for the program to find ships. both resulted in nothing and i feel like i am probably making this harder than it actually is. again any help would be appreciated.

XenonArchitect7

Re: question about modifying ships from swlu mod

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Mon, 23. Sep 19, 17:16

That ship has been completely overhauled in the latest update. It's got an entirely new model and much beefier stats. You can always being concerns like this directly to me and I can make adjustments. But to answer your question, the ships are located in 13.cat for SWLU. Look in objects\ships. If you want to access the stats, you need to look in 13.cat\addon\types\TShips.txt. Hope this helps.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”