Modding TMissiles.pck

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

tmbroe01
x3tc

Modding TMissiles.pck

Post by tmbroe01 » Wed, 2. Oct 19, 22:08

Hey all! I've been trying to make some basic adjustments to missiles in my game and I'm trying to figure out how some of this stuff works.

So I've been using the X3 editor to open the highest priority .cat file and access TMissiles.pck to make some tweaks to missile properties, such as damage and rate of fire, and then save the changes. I've got a current save right before a big battle that I'm using to gauge the effects of the changes I make, but my changes aren't having the desired effect, specifically rate of fire. I've gone through and changed the rate of fire for every missile to 1 rd/min so that it would be blatantly obvious if the changed worked, but I'm still seeing a ton of missile spam.

I've come up with three reasons why this may be the case and I was hoping someone on here would be able to point me in the right direction.

1st possibility...changes to the TMissiles.pck file don't take effect until a new game is started. If this is the case I figured it'd be easier to get confirmation here rather that starting a new game and setting up a test scenario.

2nd possibility...I think this might be the culprit. The ships causing the missile spam are all M8's and M7M's. To my understanding, they have the ability to fire missiles in salvos and my hunch is that the salvo ability ignores the rate of fire of the particular missile being fired as defined in TMissiles. If this is the case, then does anyone know where I would go to tweak the rate of fire for missile salvos?

3rd possibility...a mod is affecting the behavior in some way. I figured I'd check the first two possibilities before digging into this one lol.

Thanks for any help!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Modding TMissiles.pck

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 3. Oct 19, 00:24

Remember with missile ships, they have multiple turrets, so each turret can fire missiles independent of each other.

this means some M7M's can fire 16 missiles before the refire rate will have any effect, and if they are swarm missiles then it'll be 128 warheads in a single volley.

however, scripts can override the refire rate of missiles, and some of them do, the ones for RRF does this (and possibly the turret scripts as well), so the reload time has less of an effect on missiles.

tmbroe01
x3tc

Re: Modding TMissiles.pck

Post by tmbroe01 » Mon, 7. Oct 19, 00:01

Cool, thanks for the info! So it sounds like with no mods installed, the refire rate should affect missile salvos? Guess I'll need to dig i to the Military Base Revamp files and see if I can find where it's messing with missile properties.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”