Possible for M8 or M7M to have main guns?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

XenonArchitect7

Possible for M8 or M7M to have main guns?

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Sat, 2. Nov 19, 01:10

So as far as I understand, M8, M7M, (and even M2) missile turrets are created by removing all guns from a ship's compatible guns, and leaving the turret viewpoint as "SS_COCKPIT_DEFAULT". Any turrets in this state will become missile turrets in-game. For non-missile turrets, simply specifying a Viewpoint TCockpits.txt entry that isn't "SS_COCKPIT_DEFAULT" allows that turret to use regular lasers as defined by the viewpoint. However, it is not possible to change the viewpoint of the main cockpit position from anything other than "SS_COCKPIT_DEFAULT" using doubleshadow's X3 Editor 2. And because it's required to remove all compatible guns, this means that a ship with missile turrets cannot have main guns, and vice versa.

My question is whether it is possible to have a ship have main guns in addition to a missile turret. I know I can set a "front" turret that shoots lasers, but I would like to be able to fly the ship and shoot manually at the same time. Does anyone know of a modded ship that has such a configuration that I could look at? And would this be theoretically possible by manually editing TShips.txt in a text editor? Any insight would be appreciated.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Possible for M8 or M7M to have main guns?

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 2. Nov 19, 12:37

The simple answer is no.

when you set the cockpits weapon mask to 0, then it defaults to the main guns. Therefore the main guns also have to be 0 for it to be a missile turret. The best you can do is use the front turret

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”