X3LU and Satellite Monitoring

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

KyleWithStyle

X3LU and Satellite Monitoring

Post by KyleWithStyle » Mon, 2. Dec 19, 10:35

Relatively new to X, but really enjoying it.

I have Litcube's Universe and Satellite Monitoring script installed, and I'd like to start with a single M4 ship and work up from there. However, I have no idea how to find cargo or abandoned ships or how to actually use the Satellite Monitoring script.

If someone could fill me it, that would be amazing.

Thank you

Joubarbe
xr

Re: X3LU and Satellite Monitoring

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 2. Dec 19, 10:54

There's a hotkey in the game menu, interface tab (at the very bottom). That's the section where all custom hotkeys are. A lot of useful things from LU as well. Of course, you need to put Advanced Satellites if you want to have coverage with Satellite Monitoring (possibly doing it automatically with the Explorer software).

KyleWithStyle

Post by KyleWithStyle » Mon, 2. Dec 19, 11:10

Nice, found it. Now where should I be looking for cargo containers and ships?

KyleWithStyle

Post by KyleWithStyle » Mon, 2. Dec 19, 12:11

Alright, I figured it out and found my first weapon. It's a Beluga missile, but I can't find anywhere to sell it lol..

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Mon, 2. Dec 19, 13:38

look in encyclopedia for which ships can use it, that will show which race the ships come from. look in that races sectors which is where you might find a station to buy it.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Tue, 3. Dec 19, 19:12

KyleWithStyle wrote:
Mon, 2. Dec 19, 11:10
Nice, found it. Now where should I be looking for cargo containers and ships?
If you started in Argon Prime then Elena's Fortune and Atreus' Clouds are very good early game options. They're not that far from Argon Prime, and should be easy to find with a bit of exploring.

Once you get a jump drive you can expand to Priest's Pity, Thuruk's Beard and Aladna Hill. Generally speaking, any sector that borders on either pirate or xenon sectors tend to end up with a lot of cargo containers and abandoned ships. In some cases this bleeds over to the surrounding sectors as well, but the amount of loot you get tend to drop off pretty drastically the further away you get from pirate/xenon sectors.
KyleWithStyle wrote:
Mon, 2. Dec 19, 12:11
Alright, I figured it out and found my first weapon. It's a Beluga missile, but I can't find anywhere to sell it lol..
If I remember correctly the Beluga is a Boron missile, and in that case you have to find a Boron equipment dock to sell it. In LU you can only sell things like missiles, shields and weapons to equipment docks that already stock said item. So if you want to sell Beluga missiles you have to find a Boron equipment dock (or any other dock that stocks them), if you want to sell a gauss cannon you have to go to a Teladi equipment dock and so on. If you really want to get rid of things and you got a salvaged ship hanging around, you can stuff them in the cargo hold of the salvaged ship and then sell the ship to a shipyard. Shipyards will accept any ships you bring them, and will pay you minimum price for any weapons, shields, missiles and equipment in the ship's cargo hold. It's slightly less than you would get if you sold the item directly to a dock, but it's a good early game option for getting rid of stuff that's clogging up your own cargo hold.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”