Removing flashing lights from gates

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Re: Removing flashing lights from gates

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 9. May 20, 11:59

Not exactly the collision sphere then, but the point of entry of the gate, where you have to go to start spawning. I have kept the green spheres from LU, but it would be good to be able to teleport as soon as you enter the sphere, and not just this tiny point at the center. I may use your solution though, thanks.

N8M4R3
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by N8M4R3 » Sat, 9. May 20, 14:00

Np, if you recognize any improvement through this mod it would be interesting if you would tell about it :) i remember if i send a ship to jump to a selected sector gate in Vanilla AP and jump after this through the same gate, i play billard with the 1st jumped ship or die through this collison. I'm sorry Unfortunately I do not know how to increase these entry point of a gate itsself. Otherwise i think we had to improve the jump command scripts, that a jumped ship is not parking in front of the gate and waiting for its punisher after a jump or you could let the jumped ship appear nearly to the gate, i think. Hasn't anyone adapted these scripts in this sense before?

where we are already with the command scripts, there are abbreviations at the ending of the names like "scriptname.std.pck/.xml" so there are ".std" ".pl" ".pre" ... did i forget one? :gruebel: Can someone tell me what these abbreviations stand for? I'm not so good at guessing english abbreviations. One could be standing for "preload" but ".pl" or ".pre" or both are for the same? and what the hell is ".std"? Sorry I dont know :D
Neue Erweiterung für X3 verfügbar: Farnham's Legacy | +Optional: weitere Verbesserungen im inoffiziellen Patch v1.3.14 *** Modified*** :khaak: :thumb_up:
Diese Woche im Angebot: HUD-GUI-Mix (FL) | Text-DB 0001-L049 (FL) | Textkorrekturen & Verbesserungen (FL)
Weitere Veröffentlichungen hier: N8workX
Nützliches Tool für nicht mehr vorhandene Downloads: web.archive.org
Externes Archiv für MOD/SCR Ressourcen: xdownloads.co.uk | code.google.com/archive/p/x3tcscripts/

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 9. May 20, 14:35

std is standard; it concerns all ships. pl as suffix is, in vanilla, "player". Generally it adds a few stuff before calling the standard script. Litcube used "PL" as preload, which are suffixed "pre" in vanilla.

Artificially delaying the arrival of a ship in a potential active sector must be avoided.

N8M4R3
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by N8M4R3 » Sat, 9. May 20, 18:33

now i finally know this things too, thank you for the enlightenment! :)
Joubarbe wrote:
Sat, 9. May 20, 14:35
Artificially delaying the arrival of a ship in a potential active sector must be avoided.
Yes right that must be too if there are comming through the gates, maybe a kind of jump queue preload script with waits between the single jumps in a loop, or something like that. But the time which passes through the jumps is depending on ships acceleration, speed and its collision behavior if any object is in close. So its better to check if the gate area is free in some way to let the next ship jump. It is definitely a little more complicated as to let them jump to a point in front of the gate and let the collision behavior places the ships itself side by side. But clearly it looks better if they were comming through the gates in a sector. I haven't even looked at the jump scripts yet, maybe I should take a look to understand how a "jump to sector" command is working exactly at present and on which way it can be improved :D

Joubarbe you've done thousands and thousands of scripts for LU and Mayhem, can't believe that you have left the jump scripts totaly untouched :? :mrgreen:
Neue Erweiterung für X3 verfügbar: Farnham's Legacy | +Optional: weitere Verbesserungen im inoffiziellen Patch v1.3.14 *** Modified*** :khaak: :thumb_up:
Diese Woche im Angebot: HUD-GUI-Mix (FL) | Text-DB 0001-L049 (FL) | Textkorrekturen & Verbesserungen (FL)
Externes Archiv für MOD/SCR Ressourcen: xdownloads.co.uk | code.google.com/archive/p/x3tcscripts/

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 9. May 20, 19:08

There are no jump scripts. It's all hardcoded, and it takes a lot of tricks just to force the player to jump without breaking everything. And I'm not talking about continuing the tasks that have been interrupted. What would be doable however, is when a ship arrives, offsetting him a little bit to avoid the center of the gate, where the player always appear. But I think I've already tried that in the past, without success.

N8M4R3
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by N8M4R3 » Sun, 10. May 20, 00:06

Yea not for the jump itself and entering the sector through the gate, but there are scripts that initiate the jump like "!ship.cmd.jump.std". And in these scripts you can add more conditions for performing a jump, maybe checking if the area infront of the destination gate is free. Another thing is If you send a few ships through the same gate you see that they have no collision detection and fly into each other till they untie themselves, the same could used for the playership to deactivate it's collision detection if a ship comes through in some way. Or can the bounce script not be alienated for it? These are only ideas at the moment and i don't know how far these ideas can be implemented to solve the problem.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”