Making New Sectors

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Terran Jupiter
xr

Making New Sectors

Post by Terran Jupiter » Fri, 29. May 20, 20:28

Hi all iv made some new sectors in Albion Prelude but would like to add names the only problem being I can not fined there ids in the t file where you find sector names.

The sectors im adding are 10.9, 10.10, 11.11, 11.12, 11.13, 12.11, 12.10, 13.09, 14.09 basically if I can find there ids I can use the unused sector names to name them like Proteas Prime and a number of others id like to use.

So if I can not fined them in the t files where are they and do you know what there ids would be so I can do this.

Yes I could have changed some of the unknown sectors and changed them but I wanted my own star system a bit like sol so I have already done that and just need to name the sectors.

If you can help then thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Making New Sectors

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 29. May 20, 21:50

Moving to the X3TC/AP S&M forum (from the beta testing forum).
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Terran Jupiter
xr

Post by Terran Jupiter » Sat, 30. May 20, 11:33

Ok maybe I need to ask in a more understanding way.

So Im using the Star Wars mod and there are some sectors the ones I listed above that I can add using the galaxy editor.

So have located them in my x3_univers file, and some names of sectors in the t file in my addon folder.

So the 1st question is when I add a sector from the in game Galaxy editor does it get added to the t file so that I can name the sector?.
2: If not how do I name these sectors once I create them and can I do this in my X3_Universe file in my maps file when I created it?.

Majo64
x3ap

Post by Majo64 » Sat, 30. May 20, 16:19

I recommend using the X3 Editor from http://x3e.doubleshadow.wz.cz/ as it has a built-in Galaxy Editor that has some advantages over X3's ingame Galaxy Editor. One advantage is that you can see which T-file entry the sector name refers to, as highlighted in the screenshot below.

https://imgur.com/a/JMIMmTq

Depending on where you added your sector, it is possible that there is no existing T-file entry for the sector, in which case you simply need to create a new entry for your new sector.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 2. Jun 20, 16:09

Terran Jupiter wrote:
Sat, 30. May 20, 11:33
So the 1st question is when I add a sector from the in game Galaxy editor does it get added to the t file so that I can name the sector?.
2: If not how do I name these sectors once I create them and can I do this in my X3_Universe file in my maps file when I created it?.
Naming is done through the text file. Page 7 contains all sector names. Whereby the text id is a concatenation of
Prefix: 102
X Pos: 01 (Example)
Y Pos: 01 (Example)

So, for example: t id="1020101" is Kingdom End.

The corresponding sector description is located on page 19. The text id is again similar to the sector name, however the prefix is different:
Prefix: 103
X Pos: 01 (Example)
Y Pos: 01 (Example)

So, for example: t id="1030101" is the sector description of Kingdom End.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 2. Jun 20, 22:57

It's Y and X, not X and Y. And as you said, it starts at 01, not at 00.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”