I need help with modding.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ShadySands
x3ap

I need help with modding.

Post by ShadySands » Thu, 4. Jun 20, 10:45

Hi, so I'm really new to modding and this game itself, and I need help from more experienced people. I read the rules and I'm supposed to ask questions about the mods in their dedicated topics. But I have a lot of questions so I decided to make a thread about them. Also English is my second language so it's a bit hard for me to scan a dozen topics with 50+ pages in them in hopes to find an answers to my problems. I hope I didn't broke the rules too much here.

So after checking out some mods I decided to use these ones for my X3 AP:
1. Lucikes Script Collection for X³: Terran Conflict
I'm not sure where to unzip this mod compilation. To (\x3 terran conflict) root directory or to (\x3 terran conflict\addon) directory, because I'm trying to mod Albion Prelude. Does it even compatible with AP? :? Also, do CLS and CAG from this compilation work with AP?

2. SCR MARS Fire Control
"MARS v5.20+ is compatible with Albion Prelude."
So MARS is compatable with AP but where shoud I unzip it (\x3 terran conflict) or (\x3 terran conflict\addon) because it's AP?

3. MOD Missiles Rebalance Mod
Same question here. Also in installation's instruction it says to rename .cat and .dat files, this is pretty straightforward: I have 1-13 .cat and .dat files in root directory so i'll name .cat and .dat files from the mod 14-14, but if I need to put them in (\x3 terran conflict\addon) i'll need to name them 5-5. So wich directory I should put them in?

4. SCR Missile Safety
"Installation
Copy the contents of the zip into the X3_TC folder
or in the case of X3:AP, into ... \Steam\SteamApps\common\x3 terran conflict\addon"
So this modder is precise where I should put scripts, but in scripts folder there is another folder (X3AP_Missile_Safety_AI). Do I leave the folder untouched in the scripts folder or do I put .pck from it to (\addon\scripts) with the rest of them, so the AI would use the scripts too, I assume?

5. SCR Numeric Race Rank Titles, Notoriety list with point values
So I extracted files from ZIP into (\x3 terran conflict) root directory but it didn't work in the game, ranks stayed the same, no numbers. But then I moved t file 7090-L044 to (\x3 terran conflict\addon\t) and changed it's name to 0003-L044 also put (setup.gz.numeric.ranks) into (\x3 terran conflict\addon\scripts) and it worked, now I have numbers showing my standing and they are colored! :D

6. MD Ranks for Xenon, Kha'ak, Pirates and Yaki
Files from this ZIP I also placed in (\x3 terran conflict\addon\t) file 7004-L044 I renamed to 0004-L044 and RankingXKPY.xml in (\x3 terran conflict\addon\director). This also worked and I have Pirate and Yaki standing showing in my Pilot Status with numbers attached to them! :D

7. script HKP Enhanced Missile Barrage
As I understand it's not for personal ship use, it's for your wing of bobmer ships to launch a bunch of rockets unto your target. But I never made this far into the game yet. :oops:
Again, Instruction says to place it in root category of X3:TC but I'm trying to mod AP so should I place it in (\addon\scripts) instead? Will it work?

8. SCRIPT Auto Prep Ships
This one looks really good for me. It let's you have a template of the ship and you can use something fast like M4 to go and buy weapons, shields and ammo to equip other ships based on the template, but i'm afraid it can cause issues with CODEA Weapon System, because I think they share some features with each other. Can someone clarify? If they cause issues I think I can just set CLS on the loop to buy stuff I need. Again where should I put the script? Root directory or in addon, because it's AP?

9. SCR X3:TC AP Galaxy Explorer
"Unpack the 'scripts' and 't' folder into to your X3 TC / AP directory. Overwrite if asked for."
This one I can just unzip in the root directory it looks like.

I'm really sorry if I broke the rules, I'm really fresh to this game and modding. But I'm just fascinated with the game. Also if you have any suggestions how can I enhance the experience from this game, or something that can make my life easier, like using mod manager, but I think unzipping is just faster once you know what you doing and where everything should go, maybe i'm wrong. Also I wanted to add Pirate Guild 3 and Missile Defense Mk2 but MDMk2 doesn't work with AP so I decided not to overload my game until I know it better and how everything works.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: I need help with modding.

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 4. Jun 20, 16:47

Rule of thumb: If you want to use it in X3AP, it belongs into the X3 Terran Conflict\addon directory. ;)

As for script and mod compatibility between X3TC and X3AP, please see this FAQ article. If it's not confirmed on the opening page / post of a thread whether a script/mod is compatible with X3AP, check its latest few pages. If someone tested the script/mod with X3AP, it usually is mentioned there. If not, you will have to try for yourself.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”