Race Combat mod help

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

iHaku
x4

Race Combat mod help

Post by iHaku » Tue, 9. Jun 20, 04:18

Hey, I have a question regarding some changes i'd like to make in my game and how feasable they'd be.

I'd like there to be more combat between races in border sectors.

Since I dont know much about how scripts work in this game or what the limitations on modding is, i was hoping that someone could help me out and tell me if its possible to change the race of any and all TS/TP/TL/Civilian ships to something like goner, and make all races have -5 rep with each other (besides goner ofc) or something along those lines. That way, races whould fight each other much more frequently without the (possibly) scripted border combat.

The idea behind this change is that individuals can, unrelated to their race, move freely between different races sectors if they have gained enough individual notoriety (ie: traders and other civilians) since we as the player also follow that rule. If i start as a terran, i can gain recognition with every other majour race, even if that race is and stays neutral, or even if paranid hate me when they are neutral to terrans.
That doesnt mean that i'd want for every single npc ship to have their own race relation statistics, but simply that traders as a whole have high ranking with everyone so that they dont get ****** over when races start shooting each other up.

any guidance towards what im looking for here whould be appreciated.

The Q
Pancake Award Winner 2017

Re: Race Combat mod help

Post by The Q » Mon, 22. Jun 20, 18:53

The Jobs file (within the types folder, use VFS from X3 Editor 2 you get the latest) is what you want to look into for editing which races spawn which ships. There's a "Friendly" race which has positive or neutral values to all other races, so that may even work better for what you have in mind than Goners.

For changing the notoriety between races, there's the "set notoriety of <Var/Race> -> <Var/Race> to <Var/Number> points" command in the Global Objects commands section. Notoriety values go from -1,000,000 to +1,000,000 as described here.
Morkonan, Emperor of the Unaffiliated Territories of the Principality of OFF-TOPIC, wrote:I have come to answer your questions! The answers are "Yes" and "Probably" as well as "No" and "Maybe", but I'm not sure in which order they should be given.
xkcd: Duty calls

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”