Creating Jumpgame Drift

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Leytra
x3ap

Creating Jumpgame Drift

Post by Leytra » Tue, 9. Jun 20, 17:30

I've played a fair bit again recently, and, having had quite a few jumpgate issues I've been wondering if it's possible to edit the jumpgates in such a way as, when you exit the gate, you come out anywhere within say, 1km of the gate, instead of right in the middle.
Ideally this would be a random system, meaning the drift would, prevent most jumpgate collisions.
I've no idea if this is possible, which is why I'm asking here in hopes that someone more experienced has a clue if this could be done, and if so, where I should start looking to try and do this.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Re: Creating Jumpgame Drift

Post by Killjaeden » Tue, 9. Jun 20, 19:31

Leytra wrote:
Tue, 9. Jun 20, 17:30
I've played a fair bit again recently, and, having had quite a few jumpgate issues I've been wondering if it's possible to edit the jumpgates in such a way as, when you exit the gate, you come out anywhere within say, 1km of the gate, instead of right in the middle.
Ideally this would be a random system, meaning the drift would, prevent most jumpgate collisions.
I've no idea if this is possible, which is why I'm asking here in hopes that someone more experienced has a clue if this could be done, and if so, where I should start looking to try and do this.
Should be possible with scripts, i think i saw it done somewhere, but cant remember where. Its not quite exactly drift but simply teleporting to another space, if the current one is occupied after gate passthrough
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

shameless creature
x3ap

Post by shameless creature » Wed, 10. Jun 20, 15:42

The XTC mod has an optional plugin in the Artificial Life Settings called XTC: Safe Jumps which does that. A split second after the player ship has passed through a jumpgate, the script teleports it to a location above the gate.

iHaku
x4

Post by iHaku » Thu, 11. Jun 20, 04:22

shameless creature wrote:
Wed, 10. Jun 20, 15:42
The XTC mod has an optional plugin in the Artificial Life Settings called XTC: Safe Jumps which does that. A split second after the player ship has passed through a jumpgate, the script teleports it to a location above the gate.
every ship, not just the player ship.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”