[X3 Editor / X3:TC] How do I modify weapon properties (Position on ship) with the X3 Editor 2 ?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

trsh9669

[X3 Editor / X3:TC] How do I modify weapon properties (Position on ship) with the X3 Editor 2 ?

Post by trsh9669 » Sat, 18. Jul 20, 15:32

I want to move the guns of the Katana closer together, i know the basics like add extra guns but I have no clue how to edit positions of the guns.
(im taking about the cockpit main battery here)

Edit: i think my added weapons dont work... why?

need some basic tips

Zaitsev
x4

Re: [X3 Editor / X3:TC] How do I modify weapon properties (Position on ship) with the X3 Editor 2 ?

Post by Zaitsev » Mon, 20. Jul 20, 19:03

You can't change the gun's position on the ship throught the script editor. To change the position of the actual "gun" you have to edit the ship model, as each weapon has a corresponding weapon body that's used to spawn the bullet and thus "fire" the weapon. And model editing in X3 is a can of worms I'm not sure you want to open.

From what I understand the same goes for lasers. If you want more of them you have to edit the ship model, and in addition each weapon body has to be named in what's called a .bod file for it to work correctly. There are also limits to how many guns you can add, as each "quadrant," as in main guns and the various turret placements, can only hold 12 weapons each. As far as I know this is hardcoded and can't be changed.

With that said I'm far from an experienced modder, so take this with a tiny grain of salt.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

XenonArchitect7

Re: [X3 Editor / X3:TC] How do I modify weapon properties (Position on ship) with the X3 Editor 2 ?

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Fri, 24. Jul 20, 16:42

Hi there, prop positions are located in a ship's scene file. You need to edit that to change the positions. You can do it in notepad, but it much easier to use 3DS Max and DBOX2 if you can manage to get that set up.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”