Spawned Jump Beacon

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

knenadic

Spawned Jump Beacon

Post by knenadic » Sat, 15. Aug 20, 12:28

Hi.

I used script to spawn jump beacon in sector where previously JB did not exist. I can see JB floating in space at designated coordinates (x, y, z assigned in script) but i can not use spawned JB to jump to it. I have tried to spawn jump beacon in Kingdom End and use Valhalla to jump to it - jump to that sector is impossible. Can someone help please.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Spawned Jump Beacon

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 16. Aug 20, 09:14

What owner does the jump beacon have? If it's your own, it should work. Provided your Valhalla has a jumpdrive installed and enough energy cells. If it's someone else's you need to have a high enough rank in order to be able to use it.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

knenadic

Post by knenadic » Sun, 16. Aug 20, 10:49

Hi.
I have highest rank with almost all races (Pirates, Yaki and Xenon excluded), jumpdrive installed on Valhalla, enough energy for perform jump in any desired sector but i can not perform jump to sector where i placed new jump beacon - Kingdom End (all prerequisites for jumping fulfilled - equipment and installed software). My Valhallas can't jump to jump beacons I placed with script - Kingdom End. Do I have to activate jump beacon placed with script? I've noticed that regular jump beacons have slightly different IDs than 'scripted' jump beacons (first couple letters differ).

I found type (7) and subtype (359) for placing jump beacon in desired sector with script - and it works fine (placing) but ships can't jump to that jump beacon.

Thank You for reply :)

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 16. Aug 20, 12:21

No, you don't have to activate anything. The ID of any object consists of its owner race (first letter, e.g. "B" for Boron), class (second and third letter, e.g. "SA" for Satellites and Jump beacons) and a unique identifier (the remaing letters and numbers). So it will always be a little different, even between identical objects.

What scripts and mods do you have installed?
Are you using the ingame script editor or an external one?
Can you post the script code of the script you're using to create jump beacon? (Double click on the script file in the "scripts" folder, and copy the code from your browser to code tags in a post.)
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

knenadic

Post by knenadic » Sun, 16. Aug 20, 12:50

Hi.

I am using in-game script editor. I have installed update from official Egosoft website with several scripts (with Turbo Boost, CLS & CAG and some other scripts included in pack, and i have Factory Complex Constructor script).

Code in my script is:

Code: Select all

001	$JB = create flying ware: maintype= 7 subtype= 359 count= 1 sector= Kingdom End x= 0 y= 0 z= 0 selfdestruct= null
002	return null
Script code from above places jump beacon in Kingdom End sector successfully at designated coordinates but jump beacon seems useless for my ships (none of my ships can't jump to spawned jump beacon). My goal was to enable my Valhallas to jump in each sector and fight (fighting is the most usual action i perform - patrol missions, kill missions, protect missions). My Valhallas can jump only in sectors where original in-game jump beacons already exist so I would like to place jump beacon in each sector. I also use Valhallas for gathering (carrying) claimed ships from fights.

Should i put jump beacon in some ship's inventory and try to place it then ? I haven't tried that yet.

Best regards and thank You for quick replies :)

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 16. Aug 20, 13:12

You're using the wrong command. Create flying ware creates a container floating in space with the specified ware in it. You need to use the create ship command instead.

knenadic

Post by knenadic » Sun, 16. Aug 20, 14:09

Hi.

Thank You for help :)
Will try right ahead :)

Working just fine - thank You !

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”